Old 10-28-2017, 07:43 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up Gen 7 REDCAT MESS UP?

shenlonco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2017, 11:46 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Gen 7 REDCAT MESS UP?

Dude, the front upper links are just too long and need to be changed out to shorter ones. all you did was screwup the caster angle, or kingpin inclination on the steering by using the stock links on the upper mounts. that counteracts all the work you did to increase your steering angle earlier.

and the rear is the same issue, the output yokes for the axle and transmission are supposed to be parallel to one another to keep rotational stresses on the driveline to a minimum. when you angle the axle to point up it increases wear on the u-joints.
makya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 04:10 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by makya View Post
Dude, the front upper links are just too long and need to be changed out to shorter ones. all you did was screwup the caster angle, or kingpin inclination on the steering by using the stock links on the upper mounts. that counteracts all the work you did to increase your steering angle earlier.

and the rear is the same issue, the output yokes for the axle and transmission are supposed to be parallel to one another to keep rotational stresses on the driveline to a minimum. when you angle the axle to point up it increases wear on the u-joints.
Sorry but your wrong the shafts work best when they are angled just a little bit , if the U joints ends not bent on a sharp angle the less they wear out Just like on real cars you angle your drive shaft to much it will break with a lot of horse power because the shafts ends are on sharp angles.. your wrong... the way I angled mine it makes the ends less angled and makes less wear and a stronger shaft... been into RC for over 35 years i know about U joint and shaft angles and what works best..

And about the upper links they hit the drive shaft that's wrong and as for messing up my steering work I will let you know it works way better now than how it was stock so I am leaving it! went 4 miles in the mountains with it and it worked great.

Last edited by shenlonco; 10-30-2017 at 04:32 PM.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:35 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

your picture disagrees with you.

And yes, you've pointed out to me on urc the last time I disagreed with you that you've been doing this for a long time, experience doesn't make you right, but it should make you smarter. I myself started in '85, but I still learn from guys with many years less experience in this hobby. Thee u-joint issue isn't just an r/c issue, it's the same in 1:1 cars that I've worked on and built for both on and off road use. That all use the same principle.

Last edited by makya; 11-28-2017 at 11:37 AM.
makya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:31 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by makya View Post
your picture disagrees with you.

And yes, you've pointed out to me on urc the last time I disagreed with you that you've been doing this for a long time, experience doesn't make you right, but it should make you smarter. I myself started in '85, but I still learn from guys with many years less experience in this hobby. Thee u-joint issue isn't just an r/c issue, it's the same in 1:1 cars that I've worked on and built for both on and off road use. That all use the same principle.
You must be crazy my shafts are angled less than the stock gen7 set up from what I did my truck rolls more easy and smoother now! they are now in more of a level line that's stronger and more efficient the more you angle the ends the more friction and more wear and they get harder to turn and they get weaker...if your correct why do racing buggies make the a arms level across so the CVDs ride perfectly level without no bends at there ends then?
I will tell you this on my 81 Z28 I would want my drive shaft as straight and level as possible straight through best you can have...but you don't seem to understand level is better with no bends in it!

Gosh even with a picture showing the drive unit and how it works you still can't see I am correct! ????

Hopeless cause ......... guy's probably are reading this laughing.

Level straight no bends at ends in joints is better!

Last edited by shenlonco; 11-29-2017 at 09:46 PM.

Gen 7 REDCAT MESS UP? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My redcat Gen 7 Sport in the rocks and more Exocaged Videos! 0 10-08-2017 04:11 PM
xmod gen 1 motor in gen 2 car RootBreaker Micro Scale Rigs 1 08-18-2014 08:40 PM
Sorry for mess up Rocker General Crawlers 0 02-07-2006 07:06 PM