Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Redcat is making an upgraded axle design for the Gen7 and everest10 (Pics)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2018, 06:45 PM   #21

Default Re: Redcat is making an upgraded axle design for the Gen7 and everest10 (Pics)

I really like the look of the china complete cnc front axle $58. The Redcat axle housing looks to be cast and just housings $45. I do want to support Redcat but...

I will probably just run the stock ones until they break then upgrade to scx10 axle unless Redcat comes out with an awesome axle at a good price.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
AdamD76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2018, 05:55 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Redcat is making an upgraded axle design for the Gen7 and everest10 (Pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamD76 View Post
I really like the look of the china complete cnc front axle $58. The Redcat axle housing looks to be cast and just housings $45. I do want to support Redcat but...

I will probably just run the stock ones until they break then upgrade to scx10 axle unless Redcat comes out with an awesome axle at a good price.

I have a cnc SCX10 front axle on the way from Hong Kong (got for $51 off ebay) for my son's Everest 10. I'm suspicious the CVDs will need upgrading as there are several reviews I've found that claim they aren't durable (though as most are unbranded it's hard to know if this applies to all of them). I'd guess it should otherwise be a more durable and better performing axle than the original axle. I'll post a review once I've gotten a chance to install them.
Smokin' Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:25 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Joe View Post
I have a cnc SCX10 front axle on the way from Hong Kong (got for $51 off ebay) for my son's Everest 10. I'm suspicious the CVDs will need upgrading as there are several reviews I've found that claim they aren't durable (though as most are unbranded it's hard to know if this applies to all of them). I'd guess it should otherwise be a more durable and better performing axle than the original axle. I'll post a review once I've gotten a chance to install them.
I will be running upgraded cvd once they come in. I have also read about cvd failure in the cnc axles so if I do end up getting one I will just swap them out for the better ones.

Old 02-21-2018, 09:28 AM   #24
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_law_man01 View Post
Well, we weren't even discussing plastic that I can recall so that's kind of off topic isn't it? Besides that, you can get the Redcat or Axial plastic housings for $10-$12. Basically the same price.

You can get SSD, Xtra Speed, Boom Racing, etc, etc aluminum housings for the SCX10 for $20-$30. That's 1/2-2/3the price of Redcat axle housings at $45

Heck, for $5-$10 more, you cam get a very nice set of Xtra Speed complete axles.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you misunderstood?

Dont the scx10 metal housing require a fair amount of grinding to run the redcat guts? I thought I read the redcat and scx10 housings use different bearings ,so to use the redcat guts in an scx10 housing you need the scx10 bearings.. Supposedly the pinion gear sits in the housing differently on the redcat axle so when you put it in an axial scx10 axle it has issues.
Nobody79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:05 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody79 View Post
Dont the scx10 metal housing require a fair amount of grinding to run the redcat guts? I thought I read the redcat and scx10 housings use different bearings ,so to use the redcat guts in an scx10 housing you need the scx10 bearings.. Supposedly the pinion gear sits in the housing differently on the redcat axle so when you put it in an axial scx10 axle it has issues.
But, why would you put Redcat guys in the SCX10 housing?
Just comparing the cost of them both.
Also, there are far better options out there for SCX10 internals than Redcat/HSP/RGT/ETC, and the price is basically the same as the Redcat spares.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
the_law_man01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:43 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody79 View Post
These cnc axles we are referring to are complete axles with all the internals...it will completely replace the front axle.
Smokin' Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 02:47 PM   #27

Redcat announced today via the Gen7 Facebook group that the portal axles should become available sometime in April. They're offering an early-bird buy-in for $70 for an unassembled pair of axles. No regular pricing has been announced yet, but it was stated that it will be higher than the $70 introduction price. The announcement said that the differentials/lockers and the portal gears will be metal.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 03:07 PM   #28

Where do we sign up, some people don't use Facebook. I am one of those people...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
dodrillkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 05:18 PM   #29

Copy paste:

Some of you might remember a few weeks ago I promised more information on Redcat Racing's new portal axle in the future. Well today is the day and i'm happy to share we'll be doing an early adopter sale to this group at a sale price of $70 shipped within the continental United States!

This special pricing is for first adopters only. Actual price when launched will be higher and price is yet to be set.

We are offering first adopter pricing and available in order to get feedback from the Gen7 community prior to public launch.

We expect to have the first batch of axles available to customers in the second half of April. They'll be shipped as unassembled kits with all hardware needed for installation onto a Gen7 PRO and Sport. Yes the above price is for BOTH front & rear axles. Buyer will only need to supply grease for the gears.

Also we'd like to share since the last post that we came up with some shock risers so you'll be able to continue to use the shocks you have with no change in ride height.

We haven't quite figured out how to allow you guys to place orders yet (the website isn't set up for this kind of thing) but we'll have a way for 250 or more people to place an order (maximum qty:1 per person) within the next two weeks.

Here are the specs again for everyone that missed them before.

MAX STEERING ANGLE: 50° (Installed in Gen7 will be less due to 4 link clearance but better than stock and high steer knuckels)
ADDITIONAL GROUND CLEARANCE: 20MM (53.5MM TOTAL)
CASTER ANGLE: 5°
KPI: 9°
PROPER ACKERMANN: YES
PORTAL BOX REDUCTION: 2.125:1
OVERALL AXLE REDUCTION: 6.18:1

NOTE: pictures are of pre-production samples and are subject to change at any time.

*Ordering will begin around March 15th
*Early adopter shipments will begin around April 15th
*Assembly is required for early adopter shipments
*Total price includes both axles, chassis servo mount, shock risers & assembly guide
*Watch for Facebook post in this group on March 15th we are limiting this to 250 early adopter kits only.

Old 02-28-2018, 05:22 PM   #30

What do they mean "first adopters"?

Old 02-28-2018, 05:52 PM   #31

Kind of like beta tester.

Old 02-28-2018, 05:55 PM   #32

I'm game, just let me know where to sign....

Old 03-02-2018, 12:50 PM   #33

I would be more than happy to beta test this for you, and put it thru its paces

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Samej57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 04:21 PM   #34

My wife has Facebook, what can she search for to find the group where this was copied & pasted from? Really like to adopt a pair!
Inurhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 05:03 PM   #35

Patiently waiting on more info....

Old 03-10-2018, 06:14 AM   #36

Redcat Everest gen7 scale crawler group.

Old 03-15-2018, 08:07 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

I'm not in the FB group but a friend Messaged me today asking if I was interested, he knew I had a Gen 7 as I bought it from him. Said there were 250 set available at $70 per set including shipping. He said that 100 had been spoken for, this was about 4 pm cdt.
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 11:54 AM   #38
Rock Stacker

As of 16min ago it was stated that there are still a few available!!! If any other of you want them better get there boys!!!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...IOADg/viewform
Everest10Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 11:56 AM   #39

I can't wait until they get here

Old 03-16-2018, 07:14 PM   #40
Rock Stacker

i got my name on the list yesterday.
thead is offline   Reply With Quote

Redcat is making an upgraded axle design for the Gen7 and everest10 (Pics) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Redcat Gen7 Sport project Jim85IROC General Scale Talk 31 01-16-2018 02:13 PM
Redcat gen7 with 2.2’s? rj_dio Redcat Crawlers 9 01-14-2018 08:51 PM
Redcat gen7 cut it off? shenlonco Redcat Crawlers 0 11-03-2017 07:13 AM
Anybody taken delivery on a Redcat Gen7 yet? attaboy General Crawlers 8 10-20-2017 09:49 AM
Everest Gen7 Crawler by RedCat jeepgeek2002 General Scale Talk 19 10-10-2017 06:02 AM