Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Comparison between Everest 10 and Gen 7 wanted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2018, 09:24 AM   #1

Default Comparison between Everest 10 and Gen 7 wanted.

I wanted to know if anyone here owns both an Everest 10 and an Everest Gen 7 and could offer a comparison. I know technically one is a crawler and the other more of a scaler (never owned a scaler), but has anyone attempted see how capable each is on similar terrain? I noticed the Gen 7 tires appear to have smaller width and diameter than the stock Everest 10 and from what I read steering degree on the stock Gen 7 is not so great. How about torque twist on the stock Gen 7?

I own an Everest 10 and RS10 but not a Gen 7 (yet) so I’m trying to get an idea of the differences relative to an Everest 10 (which I have much experience with). The Gen 7 Pro looks beautiful but I am still hesitant to pull the trigger and buy one, figuring I may essentially be dropping $300 to get another Everest 10 with a fancier body and less overall crawling capability. For example, on a course designed to push the limits of what an Everest 10 could complete, would the Gen7 stand a chance?

Any thoughts or opinions welcome. Thanks!
pb1592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2018, 04:49 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Comparison between Everest 10 and Gen 7 wanted.

My son has an E10 and I have a Gen7 Pro. Out of the box the E10 is significantly slower than the Gen7 but with it's taller and wider tires pushed out to the corners it is able to crawl over more things without getting hung up as easily. It's lighter weight also helps in situations where flotation is needed. Sometimes the lack of available wheel speed is a factor with the E10 as well. The E10 articulates much more than the Gen7 stock. Both have the same basic axles but the E10s 'connect boxes' are plastic while the Pro's are metal. The Pro is definitely more top heavy with the accessories on top than the E10. Both need steering/suspension/chassis mods to get a better turning radius. Personally I like the Gen7 Pro more than the E10 but my son feels the opposite so I'd say both are great and a good value, it just is up to personal preference. I personally like to watch the Gen7 Pro crawl as it looks more scale and realistic to me. Buy the Gen7 and have both then you can use whichever rig is better suited to the situation you'll be in that day/session. Both have strong points and weak points.
Everest10Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 04:07 PM   #3
RCC Addict

go Gen 7, just as capable as the E20. with few mods its highly capable.In
my opinion sise by side the Gen 7 will out do the the redcat srawlers
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 05:39 AM   #4

I seen a guy swap out the axels and the steering of the rs10 onto a gen7pro and he definitely got more turning radius out of it
He is on you tube I highly recommend watching it
Chilli39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comparison, everest 10, gen 7, vs.

Comparison between Everest 10 and Gen 7 wanted. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vader Products Gen 7 skid plate for Everest 10 install/fitment Smokin' Joe Redcat Crawlers 42 04-02-2021 08:19 AM
New Everest 10 came with Gen 7 axle housings Smokin' Joe Redcat Crawlers 11 01-31-2018 03:09 PM
Everest gen 7 - how i improved my steering... other thoughts 2k2wranglerx Redcat Crawlers 6 10-30-2017 11:04 AM