Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Grrr, Im getting so aggravated with my sons gen7. What to do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2018, 10:51 AM   #21
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Grrr, Im getting so aggravated with my sons gen7. What to do?

Just as comparison to the low quality nightmare comment, which was put nicely, but 4 years I ago bought a Traxxas erevo brushless and paid nearly 1k for it at the time. A week later I decided to change out all the screws to stainless to prevent rust knowing I would run it in water, snow, and ice.
Fully half of the factory screws pulled the threads with them because they are machine threads put into plastic with battery/air tools at the factory causing heat that melts the plastic to the screw.
Some of the parts either had to be replaced or larger screws installed because there were no threads left for the original size hardware.
I suppose some would say Traxxas is just another low quality product as well, but I’d venture to say that there are axial, losi, accociated, and other “high quality” products out there that have occasional issues right out of the box, but nobody mentions that about them because they are not considered low quailty, and things happen.
I’m new to the crawler segment so I bought an e10 to get my feet wet. I happen to like it but had I not, I would have certainly been more upset spending 300 on something I decided I didn’t like, as opposed to 160.
Granted, the gen7 in either model is substantially mmore than an e10, but I would ask if cost is a measure of quality, and a gen7 pro is 379 msrp and an axial scx 10ii 2000 jeep cherokee has an msrp of 349 (pricing from each respective website) then how is the cost versus quality argument even relative.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
E10rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2018, 07:13 PM   #22

Default Grrr, Im getting so aggravated with my sons gen7. What to do?

The gen7 pro has a $279 MSRP, not $379.

[edit] just realized this is an older thread, but I think that’s been true all along.
Raketemensch is offline   Reply With Quote

Grrr, Im getting so aggravated with my sons gen7. What to do? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Already having trouble out of my sons Gen7. What could ut be? Nobody79 Redcat Crawlers 5 04-17-2018 06:39 AM
GRRR, broken knuckles! 04zrx Traxxas Crawlers 9 03-30-2013 07:20 AM
iTunes Artwork Grrr Tupers Chit Chat 25 09-14-2009 05:13 PM
dumb electronics....grrr... spookyseven Electronics 7 10-14-2005 10:45 PM