RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/redcat-crawlers/)
-   -   Gen 8 flat skid plate tesed! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/redcat-crawlers/605637-gen-8-flat-skid-plate-tesed.html)

shenlonco 01-18-2019 04:19 PM

Gen 8 flat skid plate tesed!

"thumbsup" Worked 100% better!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WGim-jKhOHY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HumboldtEF 01-18-2019 05:21 PM

Re: Gen 8 flat skid plate tesed!

Nice work! I just watched the DIY video yesterday, thanks for taking the plunge.

shenlonco 01-19-2019 04:53 PM

"thumbsup" Your welcome It's way better with that lump off the bottom.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumboldtEF (Post 5902392)
Nice work! I just watched the DIY video yesterday, thanks for taking the plunge.

allanon1965 01-19-2019 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenlonco (Post 5902697)
"thumbsup" Your welcome It's way better with that lump off the bottom.

I have to respectfully disagree here...I have driven mine on dirt, tree roots and rocks out in the yard and when anything hits that hump enough to high center it, the rig slides off one way or the other just a bit and its a non issue. The sliders hang just as low as the hump does. The hump has no sharp edges or any other feature that keeps the rig off the ground and stops it moving forwards or rearwards..

rcreview 01-31-2019 07:57 AM

Nice job Shen. The belly bump is the Achilles heel of this otherwise good vehicle.

It’s not the end of the world but it’s definitely holding it back.

JatoTheRipper 01-31-2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allanon1965 (Post 5902708)
I have to respectfully disagree here...I have driven mine on dirt, tree roots and rocks out in the yard and when anything hits that hump enough to high center it, the rig slides off one way or the other just a bit and its a non issue. The sliders hang just as low as the hump does. The hump has no sharp edges or any other feature that keeps the rig off the ground and stops it moving forwards or rearwards..

I don't have experience with the Gen 8, but I can agree that this flat skid thing is out of hand. I just saw a new skid plate released for the TRX-4 that looks to only add a few millimeters of clearance. If you think I'm spending the money and tearing my truck apart for a few millimeters, especially when it appears to add snag points, you are out of your mind.

shenlonco 02-22-2019 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcreview (Post 5906423)
Nice job Shen. The belly bump is the Achilles heel of this otherwise good vehicle.

It’s not the end of the world but it’s definitely holding it back.

"thumbsup" THank you, I am loving the gen 8 now!

shenlonco 02-22-2019 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allanon1965 (Post 5902708)

Hi with the gen 8 without the hump it definitely works much better...I ran mine for many miles and I can tell now without that lump it does work better.
It depends what your running on..when I turned over my truck the hump on it was scrapped up like crazy...if yours is not scraped up a lot then it won't matter and won't be worth removing the hump.