RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/redcat-crawlers/)
-   -   Gen8 sorrca class? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/redcat-crawlers/605699-gen8-sorrca-class.html)

FunkMasterFlex 01-20-2019 08:43 PM

Gen8 sorrca class?

Terribly sorry if this has been covered already but I can’t find any answers anywhere and I can’t understand the way the rules are written but does anyone here know which class the gen8 falls under if any at all as far as sorcca rules go?

brimdogg 01-20-2019 08:45 PM

Re: Gen8 sorrca class?

Quote:

Originally Posted by FunkMasterFlex (Post 5903042)
Terribly sorry if this has been covered already but I can’t find any answers anywhere and I can’t understand the way the rules are written but does anyone here know which class the gen8 falls under if any at all as far as sorcca rules go?

I believe it is Class 1 stock.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

FunkMasterFlex 01-20-2019 08:49 PM

The only thing that was really questionable to me is where the front of the chassis turns to plastic, is that still considered the chassis?

ADlBOO 01-20-2019 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FunkMasterFlex (Post 5903044)
The only thing that was really questionable to me is where the front of the chassis turns to plastic, is that still considered the chassis?

"You must run a full rail chassis, and the chassis (including bumpers) must be 3" longer than the wheelbase (this includes a chassis with a truggy rear frame)" from the sorcca rules. I beleive it falls under class 2 because of the tire size.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

brimdogg 01-20-2019 11:22 PM

These are the C1 and C2 rules as far as chassis goes. I think it fits closer to C1, as C2 is supposed to be longer than the wheelbase and C1 is supposed to be as long as the wheelbase.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b268261c31.jpg

gen7crawler 01-21-2019 12:09 AM

Class 2 the tire size is to big

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

brimdogg 01-21-2019 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gen7crawler (Post 5903079)
Class 2 the tire size is to big

Good catch, didn't even notice that. Mine could probably make it, as I swapped to 4.19s, but that's because I didn't pay attention to the size when I ordered them LOL

gen7crawler 01-21-2019 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brimdogg (Post 5903080)
Good catch, didn't even notice that. Mine could probably make it, as I swapped to 4.19s, but that's because I didn't pay attention to the size when I ordered them LOL

Nice so that'll work out but as stated I'm not sure about the rails and the plastic part. That also could make it class 2. I haven't seen in person or video anyone running a gen8 in class 1

gen7crawler 01-21-2019 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gen7crawler (Post 5903081)
Nice so that'll work out but as stated I'm not sure about the rails and the plastic part. That also could make it class 2. I haven't seen in person or video anyone running a gen8 in class 1

Maybe we'll find out by next month or so. I'm sure they be in comp by than if not before

imthatguy 01-21-2019 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gen7crawler (Post 5903081)

C1 with a tire change. There's 4.25" of additional rail beyond the wheelbase (3.25" behind the rear and 1" up front of actual metal), so it qualifies for C2 as well. That said, every comp I've been in would eat a stock, out of the box truck for breakfast. It'd be an interesting choice for KNK's TTC stock class.

Browneye 01-21-2019 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imthatguy (Post 5903094)
C1 with a tire change. There's 4.25" of additional rail beyond the wheelbase (3.25" behind the rear and 1" up front of actual metal), so it qualifies for C2 as well. That said, every comp I've been in would eat a stock, out of the box truck for breakfast. It'd be an interesting choice for KNK's TTC stock class.

^^This. C2 unless you put tiny tires on it. It doesn't have enough scale bits to point-out on C1, and the little tires it would drag on everything.

So it's C2, and some clubs have a box-stock class for new rigs and beginners and it would be perfect there. Those clubs generally have a C2.5 for the modified rigs and yeah, the G8 would get eaten for lunch.

It's a whole lotta fun though. Get out there and run the course and gates - it's one of the best parts of the hobby IMO.

I doubt anybody is gonna bother you with the stock chassis rails. It is what it is. That rule is for bobbed chassis' - tube cages and the like. For a full body and the bumpers and all it's fine.

I would put some predator or alien compound tires on it and some weight on the axles and it would do pretty well.

brimdogg 01-21-2019 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Browneye (Post 5903097)
^^This. C2 unless you put tiny tires on it. It doesn't have enough scale bits to point-out on C1, and the little tires it would drag on everything.

So it's C2, and some clubs have a box-stock class for new rigs and beginners and it would be perfect there. Those clubs generally have a C2.5 for the modified rigs and yeah, the G8 would get eaten for lunch.

It's a whole lotta fun though. Get out there and run the course and gates - it's one of the best parts of the hobby IMO.

I doubt anybody is gonna bother you with the stock chassis rails. It is what it is. That rule is for bobbed chassis' - tube cages and the like. For a full body and the bumpers and all it's fine.

I would put some predator or alien compound tires on it and some weight on the axles and it would do pretty well.

^^this! In the end, it's all about the FUN! People take this hobby WAY to seriously!
I got into it for a good way to kill time, and hang out with friends. That is most of the reason I have 4 Gen 7s, a TRX4 Bronco, my Gen 8, and even a Everest 10. (Which I have thought about dismantling the E10 more than once for parts [emoji1787])
I like being able to lend out a rig or 2, and just go out for a couple hours and let off steam with friends.