Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Gen8 sorrca class?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2019, 08:43 PM   #1

Default Gen8 sorrca class?

Terribly sorry if this has been covered already but I can’t find any answers anywhere and I can’t understand the way the rules are written but does anyone here know which class the gen8 falls under if any at all as far as sorcca rules go?
FunkMasterFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2019, 08:45 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Gen8 sorrca class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkMasterFlex View Post
Terribly sorry if this has been covered already but I can’t find any answers anywhere and I can’t understand the way the rules are written but does anyone here know which class the gen8 falls under if any at all as far as sorcca rules go?
I believe it is Class 1 stock.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
brimdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 08:49 PM   #3

The only thing that was really questionable to me is where the front of the chassis turns to plastic, is that still considered the chassis?
FunkMasterFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 11:14 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkMasterFlex View Post
The only thing that was really questionable to me is where the front of the chassis turns to plastic, is that still considered the chassis?
"You must run a full rail chassis, and the chassis (including bumpers) must be 3" longer than the wheelbase (this includes a chassis with a truggy rear frame)" from the sorcca rules. I beleive it falls under class 2 because of the tire size.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
ADlBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 11:22 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

These are the C1 and C2 rules as far as chassis goes. I think it fits closer to C1, as C2 is supposed to be longer than the wheelbase and C1 is supposed to be as long as the wheelbase.

Old 01-21-2019, 12:09 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Class 2 the tire size is to big

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
gen7crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:11 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen7crawler View Post
Class 2 the tire size is to big

Good catch, didn't even notice that. Mine could probably make it, as I swapped to 4.19s, but that's because I didn't pay attention to the size when I ordered them LOL

Old 01-21-2019, 12:28 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimdogg View Post
Good catch, didn't even notice that. Mine could probably make it, as I swapped to 4.19s, but that's because I didn't pay attention to the size when I ordered them LOL

Nice so that'll work out but as stated I'm not sure about the rails and the plastic part. That also could make it class 2. I haven't seen in person or video anyone running a gen8 in class 1

Old 01-21-2019, 12:29 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Nice so that'll work out but as stated I'm not sure about the rails and the plastic part. That also could make it class 2. I haven't seen in person or video anyone running a gen8 in class 1

Maybe we'll find out by next month or so. I'm sure they be in comp by than if not before

Old 01-21-2019, 05:41 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

C1 with a tire change. There's 4.25" of additional rail beyond the wheelbase (3.25" behind the rear and 1" up front of actual metal), so it qualifies for C2 as well. That said, every comp I've been in would eat a stock, out of the box truck for breakfast. It'd be an interesting choice for KNK's TTC stock class.
imthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 06:04 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
C1 with a tire change. There's 4.25" of additional rail beyond the wheelbase (3.25" behind the rear and 1" up front of actual metal), so it qualifies for C2 as well. That said, every comp I've been in would eat a stock, out of the box truck for breakfast. It'd be an interesting choice for KNK's TTC stock class.
^^This. C2 unless you put tiny tires on it. It doesn't have enough scale bits to point-out on C1, and the little tires it would drag on everything.

So it's C2, and some clubs have a box-stock class for new rigs and beginners and it would be perfect there. Those clubs generally have a C2.5 for the modified rigs and yeah, the G8 would get eaten for lunch.

It's a whole lotta fun though. Get out there and run the course and gates - it's one of the best parts of the hobby IMO.

I doubt anybody is gonna bother you with the stock chassis rails. It is what it is. That rule is for bobbed chassis' - tube cages and the like. For a full body and the bumpers and all it's fine.

I would put some predator or alien compound tires on it and some weight on the axles and it would do pretty well.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 06:30 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
^^This. C2 unless you put tiny tires on it. It doesn't have enough scale bits to point-out on C1, and the little tires it would drag on everything.

So it's C2, and some clubs have a box-stock class for new rigs and beginners and it would be perfect there. Those clubs generally have a C2.5 for the modified rigs and yeah, the G8 would get eaten for lunch.

It's a whole lotta fun though. Get out there and run the course and gates - it's one of the best parts of the hobby IMO.

I doubt anybody is gonna bother you with the stock chassis rails. It is what it is. That rule is for bobbed chassis' - tube cages and the like. For a full body and the bumpers and all it's fine.

I would put some predator or alien compound tires on it and some weight on the axles and it would do pretty well.
^^this! In the end, it's all about the FUN! People take this hobby WAY to seriously!
I got into it for a good way to kill time, and hang out with friends. That is most of the reason I have 4 Gen 7s, a TRX4 Bronco, my Gen 8, and even a Everest 10. (Which I have thought about dismantling the E10 more than once for parts )
I like being able to lend out a rig or 2, and just go out for a couple hours and let off steam with friends.

Tags
gen8

Gen8 sorrca class? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX-4 SORRCA Class 2 scoring rcpistonhead Traxxas Crawlers 2 07-12-2017 08:28 PM
2014 SORRCA Class rules RockBiter WRCCA Rules 0 03-26-2015 12:15 PM
SORRCA Competition Rules Release - Class Specs and scale points Locked Up Scale Comp Rules 323 01-26-2011 09:10 PM