Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Just upgraded from Gen 7 Pro to Gen 8... wow!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2019, 06:04 PM   #1

Default Just upgraded from Gen 7 Pro to Gen 8... wow!

I picked up a Gen 7 Pro last year and its been a fun truck but I was wanting something a little better. Finally made up my mind and purchased a Gen 8... WOW this thing is so nice. Redcat really took a step up with this thing! They really have outdone themselves for such a reasonable cost and I see this truck being my go to for a while now.

For those of you with a Gen 7 but interested in a Gen 8, don't hesitate to get one imo.

Can't wait to hit some good trails and get some pictures taken.
Zappaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2019, 07:11 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Just upgraded from Gen 7 Pro to Gen 8... wow!

Congrats on your new rig.

The Gen 8 is a sleeper for sure. 👍🏼
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 07:56 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

with alittle work your gen 7 will be almost as nice
but the gen 8 is awsome right out of the box stll needs work though but what rig dosent
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 08:34 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

The Gen 8 is their first in house design, they're definitely off to a great start.

One of my favorite parts about my gen 8 is the gearing, I dont know what the ratio is but it must be lower than most. They put a 17T motor with a 17T pinion in the RTR's, anyway it seems geared for a fast motor so putting a slow motor in it really slows it down. I'm running a Holmes Hobbies 550 12T Crawlmaster motor with a 10T pinion and its by a fair margin my slowest rig out of many rigs of different brands. I almost always test out how low I can go (with the stock spur gear) with all of my rigs but I've never been able to get as low as with the Gen 8. This gearing works out great on the rocks.

I look forward to letting people test drive it at Proline by the fire. I've addressed the steering and put some stickies on it but it still has the RTR body so I can image people turning their noses up at it while they watch it kick butt, lol

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 05-03-2019 at 08:50 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:14 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
The Gen 8 is their first in house design, they're definitely off to a great start.

One of my favorite parts about my gen 8 is the gearing, I dont know what the ratio is but it must be lower than most. They put a 17T motor with a 17T pinion in the RTR's, anyway it seems geared for a fast motor so putting a slow motor in it really slows it down. I'm running a Holmes Hobbies 550 12T Crawlmaster motor with a 10T pinion and its by a fair margin my slowest rig out of many rigs of different brands. I almost always test out how low I can go (with the stock spur gear) with all of my rigs but I've never been able to get as low as with the Gen 8. This gearing works out great on the rocks.

I look forward to letting people test drive it at Proline by the fire. I've addressed the steering and put some stickies on it but it still has the RTR body so I can image people turning their noses up at it while they watch it kick butt, lol
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 04:10 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post

Let the haters hate as you out crawl them.

It’ll just crush their over inflated ego. 🤣
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Just upgraded from Gen 7 Pro to Gen 8... wow! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gen 7 Pro portal upgrade or buy Gen 8? Zappaz Redcat Crawlers 3 04-27-2019 10:19 AM
Gen 8 & Gen 7 VS snowy trail! shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 03-22-2019 12:22 PM
Redcat gen 8 & gen 7 trailing wicked snow trail for a race shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 02-20-2019 07:05 AM
Redcat gen 8 scout & gen 7 sport ( epic snow trail adventure ) shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 02-08-2019 12:35 PM