Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Everest 10 broken steering knuckle, what fits as replacement?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2019, 08:55 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Everest 10 broken steering knuckle, what fits as replacement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
losi redcat axial tamiya futaba rc10 the brand dosent matter so much as who makes them but

most cv style axle will get some bind in them before the dog bones bind especialy true with the scx10 dosent matter if there axial brand cvds or cheep ones i think the vanquish ones had more steering but i spun the end off the dog bones are stronger but

the universals are twice as strong as ether the cvds or the dog bones thats the main reason i went with the xrmod the steering angle is just a plus
I don't know what you're doing wrong, but, if you're getting looser than 50° of steering with CVDs, you're definitely doing something wrong. Universals are the best in my opinion.

You can do all the steering knuckle, c-hub, and link mods/upgrades you want and dogbone/drive cup axles will never perform as well as quality CVDs or Universals. Heck, I have Xtra Speed CVDs that outperform Axial, Losi, and Redcat/HSP doggone setups all day long. Minimum 10° steering improvement immediately. And, those are cheap!

The one thing I do agree with is that they twist off easier if you're in to overpowering rigs, but I run 35T brushed on 3s lipo and never have a problem with them.

Anywho, my apologies to the O.P. for veering down this rabbit trail.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
the_law_man01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2019, 10:38 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_law_man01 View Post
I don't know what you're doing wrong, but, if you're getting looser than 50° of steering with CVDs, you're definitely doing something wrong. Universals are the best in my opinion.

You can do all the steering knuckle, c-hub, and link mods/upgrades you want and dogbone/drive cup axles will never perform as well as quality CVDs or Universals. Heck, I have Xtra Speed CVDs that outperform Axial, Losi, and Redcat/HSP doggone setups all day long. Minimum 10° steering improvement immediately. And, those are cheap!

The one thing I do agree with is that they twist off easier if you're in to overpowering rigs, but I run 35T brushed on 3s lipo and never have a problem with them.

Anywho, my apologies to the O.P. for veering down this rabbit trail.

the cvd angle is limited by the size of the yoke conecting the shaft.to the ball end the more angle the less strangth the outside dementions are set so the only place to gain anything is to make it thiner at the joint

the dog bones have a bit more meat to them so they last longer and depending on the design can have better steering i have a redcat that has cvds on one side and dog bones on the other nether bind at full lock but i used to have both cvds but one let go so back to the dog bone
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 12:27 PM   #23

Quote:
i dont think it will work wraith knuckles and c-hubs will though but you also need to trim down some xrmod shafts and change the locker out for.the axial locker the plus is way stonger axle and way better steering
Can some one confirm that the XR mod can be done using the everest 10 axle? I broke a knuckle and bent the drive shaft, so looking to improve.

I want to do the XR mod but not 100% if it will work with the E10 axle housing as most of the mods are using SCX10 axles.
turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 02:48 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Narrow beef tube you have to cut the c-hub mounting off the axle housing and drill and tap to mount the beef tubes in to the housing. As long as you can do that then yes it will work. It as been done before.

Here are two post outlining the xr mod on E10 axles.
Beef Tubes in Everest?

SCX10 steering for E10
hillbillyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 12:07 PM   #25

thank you. crazy in all my searches I missed both of those.

Time to order parts!
turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 09:22 AM   #26
RCC Addict

No problem. I do lots of research in to what I build and I had these bookmarked for easy finding.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:34 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

for the narrow xrmod you dont need beef tubes thats just a added exspence just file groves in to.the nubs the original chubs mount to then slide the wraitb chub on and drill 2 new.holes for the screws to go in to very easy mod with huge results
Old 09-08-2019, 12:07 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
for the narrow xrmod you dont need beef tubes thats just a added exspence just file groves in to.the nubs the original chubs mount to then slide the wraitb chub on and drill 2 new.holes for the screws to go in to very easy mod with huge results
Have pictures? I don't read too good.

the_law_man01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 07:51 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

ill get some i need to do some work on that rig anyway
Old 09-17-2019, 09:56 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDean View Post
The second pic shows a more glaring issue. The holes in the new chubs did not line up with the holes on the axle when seated fully. I was able to solve by using a mini HF bastard file, luckily it fit the hole perfectly and didn't waller it out too much.
By using the file to lengthen the hole, did you have any issues with the length of the axle? I read through hillbillyrc's post about fitting the SCX10 hubs on an Everest axle, and he shaved the bottom of the hub. I'm more comfortable filing out a hole than shaving the end of a hub, so if your way worked out just fine, then I'd rather do that. Thanks.
iamjamieq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 10:06 AM   #31
RCC Addict

Only reason I shaved the end was I want a tight fit and didn't have a file that fit the hole. But to each their own.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:45 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjamieq View Post
By using the file to lengthen the hole, did you have any issues with the length of the axle? I read through hillbillyrc's post about fitting the SCX10 hubs on an Everest axle, and he shaved the bottom of the hub. I'm more comfortable filing out a hole than shaving the end of a hub, so if your way worked out just fine, then I'd rather do that. Thanks.
i have a set of chubs were the holes for the screws are sloted instead of a hole so they fit axial or redcats

Quote:

i cant seem to get good pics sorry its all kinda self explanitory though you just fit the wraith knuckles on the everest axles very easy

Last edited by ferp420; 09-17-2019 at 08:49 PM.

Everest 10 broken steering knuckle, what fits as replacement? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Redcat everest 10 unboxing and test broken! 😲 shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 06-20-2018 03:26 PM
Everest 10 knuckle weights Stangman66$ Redcat Crawlers 1 09-14-2017 10:57 PM
Replacement battery for redcat Everest 16 stock SteelEntreri Newbie General 3 05-01-2016 11:42 AM
Broken Knuckle and steering issues. bustedbinder Axial AX-10 Scorpion 18 08-18-2013 11:46 AM