Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: E-10 front end weight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2019, 04:49 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default E-10 front end weight

After running my new everest 10, I found the same issue everyone else had. The front end is too light.
I didn't want to tax the drivetrain so I figured out a different location. I machined a new servo mount out of brass. This put the weight right over the axle and by using the brass I added just shy of 1/4 pound. It also created a nice place to mount a guard protecting the servo.
If I could post pictures I'd show y'all
celticsun33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2019, 04:58 PM   #2

Default Re: E-10 front end weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticsun33 View Post
After running my new everest 10, I found the same issue everyone else had. The front end is too light.

I didn't want to tax the drivetrain so I figured out a different location. I machined a new servo mount out of brass. This put the weight right over the axle and by using the brass I added just shy of 1/4 pound. It also created a nice place to mount a guard protecting the servo.

Kinda interested , hope you can figure out how to post pics

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
phillysteak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 06:51 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Here's a picture of that servo mount I made. I also made a brass skin plate.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
celticsun33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 08:00 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticsun33 View Post
just woundering what your trying to protect the servo from its gona burn up before it breakes anything

the mechanics of the servo will outlast the electronics by far so the only thing the servo needs protection from is bad driving lol

thats a vary nice servo mount that should work great buy a star and sell those bad mamerjammers

the skid plate although realy nice wont help performance it dosent help with the poor suspention geomitry at all you should in my opinion make it so the skid sits lower or modify the chassie and move the lower links closer to.the center of the skid plate there are some guys making amazing skid plated for these things just not out of brass you should look and see what there doing and incorparate some of there ideas in to a new skid
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote

E-10 front end weight - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reworked front end in aluminum. Now with fastback style rear end. Plush Axial Wraith 7 01-03-2018 12:04 AM
Front axle Q. To weight or not to weight.... klampykixx Axial Wraith 7 09-24-2015 03:32 AM
Weight the rear end? Hobine RC4WD Trail Finder 2 4 11-29-2012 02:32 AM