Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Bowhouse panhard bar mount install

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2019, 06:35 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Bowhouse panhard bar mount install

Here is a video showing the install of the panhard bar mount from Bowhouse.

https://youtu.be/3B3HTrCwuag
JMHZ2401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2019, 09:45 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Bowhouse panhard bar mount install

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMHZ2401 View Post
Here is a video showing the install of the panhard bar mount from Bowhouse.

https://youtu.be/3B3HTrCwuag
Sweet thank you for posting. Any improvement on the trails?
LetsBash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 06:36 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsBash View Post
Sweet thank you for posting. Any improvement on the trails?

I was out crawling Sunday, truck is performing awesomely. How much because of this I can't say, but I am very happy with how the truck is performing as it sits.
Old 10-09-2019, 08:00 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I was out crawling Sunday, truck is performing awesomely. How much because of this I can't say, but I am very happy with how the truck is performing as it sits.
A little off topic, but how do you enjoy your Scout compared to your TRX-4 Blazer? I'm thinking of getting one, but am afraid I'd drive the Blazer and not touch the Scout again.

Thanks
Mudsplat79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:12 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudsplat79 View Post
A little off topic, but how do you enjoy your Scout compared to your TRX-4 Blazer? I'm thinking of getting one, but am afraid I'd drive the Blazer and not touch the Scout again.

Thanks
Not the OP of this thread but as an owner of both I thought I'd chime in, You'll wanna drive both, they are both very capable out of the box, one will do certain things better than the other and vice versa, mod the two and it will bring them even closer in abilities.
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:57 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
Not the OP of this thread but as an owner of both I thought I'd chime in, You'll wanna drive both, they are both very capable out of the box, one will do certain things better than the other and vice versa, mod the two and it will bring them even closer in abilities.

I appreciate the feedback. I already have heavily modded my Scout to have the 1080 hobbywing esc, 21t Holmes 550 motor, metal tranny and transfer case gears, brass diffs and portals, 20kg servo, hydrax tires on SSD beadlocks, light kit, bowhouse skid plate, and a Spektrum 4 channel receiver. Only thing stock on my Gen 8 is the shocks, suspension links and drive shafts.

I think part of me wants the TRX-4 Blazer for the body, fun of having a high speed setup, and to have another truck to play with it! Maybe not the best reasons to throw $500 away.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:03 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
I appreciate the feedback. I already have heavily modded my Scout to have the 1080 hobbywing esc, 21t Holmes 550 motor, metal tranny and transfer case gears, brass diffs and portals, 20kg servo, hydrax tires on SSD beadlocks, light kit, bowhouse skid plate, and a Spektrum 4 channel receiver. Only thing stock on my Gen 8 is the shocks, suspension links and drive shafts.

I think part of me wants the TRX-4 Blazer for the body, fun of having a high speed setup, and to have another truck to play with it! Maybe not the best reasons to throw $500 away.
Two things I have to say about spending money on this hobby, one, for me anyway, it's great mind therapy and exercise when I'm not wrenching. Two, there are way worse things to spend $500 on
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 12:36 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Thanks
I love my Scout, and drive it more than the TRX4. I almost have to force myself to drive the TRX. I think this is because the Scout I had first and was already modifying when I got the TRX. I am in no way saying the TRX is not any good, because out of the box it is very good. My TRX is still stock at this point but I think I will be buying a servo soon for it.
Old 10-15-2019, 07:48 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I love my Scout, and drive it more than the TRX4. I almost have to force myself to drive the TRX. I think this is because the Scout I had first and was already modifying when I got the TRX. I am in no way saying the TRX is not any good, because out of the box it is very good. My TRX is still stock at this point but I think I will be buying a servo soon for it.
I think I'd have the same problem. I've put SO much time and money into my Scout I'd probably end up driving it more. My son, however is wanting to drive my Scout more than his Everest 10. I just love the look of the Bronco and Blazer, and would like the 2 speeds. Heck they are so expensive though, that maybe I should just cough up the extra money and get the Mercedes TRX-6!
Old 11-25-2019, 05:58 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

I'm really checking this truck out as my possible next truck. This is a great, inexpensive, simple mod. I have a question regarding the drag link (between the 2 steering knuckles). Anyone having issues with it interfering with crawling? It just seems to hang really low.
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 08:06 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Dork View Post
I'm really checking this truck out as my possible next truck. This is a great, inexpensive, simple mod. I have a question regarding the drag link (between the 2 steering knuckles). Anyone having issues with it interfering with crawling? It just seems to hang really low.
No issues here.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:21 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
No issues here.
Nice
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 08:01 AM   #13

I bought the Club 5 suspension and steering arms. I had the drag and connecting links on top of the spindle and moved the drag link to the bottom. I installed bent ends on it to raise above the centerline of the axle. I think it works better(in the house). Time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Getting started is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 08:04 AM   #14

A little better angle

Old 12-15-2019, 08:07 AM   #15

And setting flat

Old 12-15-2019, 10:40 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting started View Post
And setting flat

What I did with mine is I mount the servo on top of the Club 5 servo mount. That aligns the steering Link with the pan hard link. If I mount it on the bottom of the mount it still has bump steer. I think that is how it is designed otherwise the steering link is to long.

Sent from my Vivo XI+ using Tapatalk
mgputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 12:14 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgputer View Post
What I did with mine is I mount the servo on top of the Club 5 servo mount. That aligns the steering Link with the pan hard link. If I mount it on the bottom of the mount it still has bump steer. I think that is how it is designed otherwise the steering link is to long.

May be hard to tell on mine, but I did too. I haven’t gotten a new servo yet, but I will. I am doing pretty good so far as I have only had it a week....blue truck, new orange complete body, 1080 esc, suspension and steering SS links, +5 hex spacers(ordered 12mm with stubs for extra clearance, aluminum servo mount, 2 decent batteries, various hardware spare parts, plastic handle kits, roof rack(on order) and some other crap.
I love this truck so far.

Old 12-15-2019, 12:43 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting started View Post
May be hard to tell on mine, but I did too. I haven’t gotten a new servo yet, but I will. I am doing pretty good so far as I have only had it a week....blue truck, new orange complete body, 1080 esc, suspension and steering SS links, +5 hex spacers(ordered 12mm with stubs for extra clearance, aluminum servo mount, 2 decent batteries, various hardware spare parts, plastic handle kits, roof rack(on order) and some other crap.
I love this truck so far.

Ah it looked like it was under. Probably looks different as I used a different servo arm. The one that comes with the ds3218 servo.

Sounds like you have a good setup. I really like mine as well.

mgputer is offline   Reply With Quote

Bowhouse panhard bar mount install - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Panhard bar mount for blackwell axles scale4x4 General Scale Talk 0 06-22-2012 06:26 PM