Notices

Thread: new redcat?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2019, 05:49 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: new redcat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrain57 View Post
A few pics of what I have done on the Gen 8 in CAD and 3d printed. That rear badge was originally the Valve cover badge. Took a 2d image and pulled it to a 3d image. Then spent 6 hours editing the edges. They were rough.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Very nice work. I really like that. I had planned to do something similar with an opening hood but then I got hooked on the 6x6 build.

Sent from my Vivo XI+ using Tapatalk
mgputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2019, 06:14 PM   #42
Rock Stacker

Thank you bud. I already did the hood frame. All components that go on the firewall. Even my windshield wiper resivior and my radiator overflow have actual fluid in it. To tell you the truth I was hoping to get something like this out first before others did. As is. Redcat has asked me if they could get the files, but in a jokingly way by saying just kidding at the end. They have been awesome on their Facebook group site on letting me advertise it. Got rid of a few so far. Check out Redcat Racing Gen8 group on Facebook.

Ctrain57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 06:54 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

I just wish Red Cat would do something with the tires.

A new design, better foams, and better rubber compound.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 07:04 PM   #44

Default new redcat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
I like they are putting the upgraded driveline parts and new axle housings in but if they are still going to put in a motor and ESC that are bound for the spares bin, at least stick with brushed and save me some money. The AXE system is definitely not something I would pay a premium to have in my RTR.

Have you given one a legitimate try? If so, why don't you like it?

I have not tried one so I'm curious.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 07:20 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

I drove the gen8 last weekend, and the skid bump was hanging me up. Just found out about the flat skid and other new parts, so I'm ordering them. (flat skid, new axle housings, HD cvd + portal gear)

As far as the AXE system, I had a bunch of store credit to use, so I decided to try one out. I put it in my Capra, but I haven't driven it yet.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 07:06 AM   #46
Quarry Creeper

I'm hearing a price between $450-500. That is a great price for the electronic's coming in this rig. The HD axle housings, and HD axles, flat skid, and new scout body with removable top. This should be a great truck!!! No RTR has every come with this level of electronics.
JMHZ2401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 08:01 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMHZ2401 View Post
I'm hearing a price between $450-500. That is a great price for the electronic's coming in this rig. The HD axle housings, and HD axles, flat skid, and new scout body with removable top. This should be a great truck!!! No RTR has every come with this level of electronics.
at 450 -500 its gona be a hard sell no matter what they put i it i dont care if it comes with 24k gold motor and esc its gona be a hard sell

and the yeti rtr had a better motor and esc combo just sayin
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 08:51 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
I drove the gen8 last weekend, and the skid bump was hanging me up. Just found out about the flat skid and other new parts, so I'm ordering them. (flat skid, new axle housings, HD cvd + portal gear)

As far as the AXE system, I had a bunch of store credit to use, so I decided to try one out. I put it in my Capra, but I haven't driven it yet.

Nice. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the AXE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
at 450 -500 its gona be a hard sell no matter what they put i it i dont care if it comes with 24k gold motor and esc its gona be a hard sell

I believe the Gen 8 RTR is currently $300 not including Black Friday sales that have reduced that even more. Given a $70 radio, $100 servo, and a $200 ESC and motor, even after removing $50 or so for the cost of the stock electronics, I can't see the truck being less than $500. That's a tough sell for any scaler for sure.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 12:07 PM   #49
Pebble Pounder

And here it is......

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Bob_in az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 12:43 PM   #50
Rock Stacker

It’ll be 450$
Pjking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 01:16 PM   #51
Rock Stacker

Looks slick and props to them for trying to make better and better stuff for the market.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Jackalo626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 02:09 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

wow cool hope it sells lol
Old 12-01-2019, 03:54 PM   #53
Rock Stacker

Man. Are you kidding me. I have a Yeti with that system. No. It's not a better system. The axe system is a whole lot better. It's sensiored for one. Which you need if your going to run it in a crawler. Yeti is a Rock Racer. Emphasis on the "Racer". Not a whole lot of adjustments compared to the Axe system. Holmes Hobbies references the Axe system alot. To say it's better is to not fully know both systems. Had both to compare to. A yeti cogs too much to crawl. The best thing you could do to it is reverse direction and use reverse as forward since reverse supplies lower voltage at the get go. It is a "softer" start. If you have an Axe system I would gladly trade you it for my Yeti' s. It's fast. That's it. But sucks for crawling.

Old 12-01-2019, 03:56 PM   #54
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post

Man. Are you kidding me. I have a Yeti with that system. No. It's not a better system. The axe system is a whole lot better. It's sensiored for one. Which you need if your going to run it in a crawler. Yeti is a Rock Racer. Emphasis on the "Racer". Not a whole lot of adjustments compared to the Axe system. Holmes Hobbies references the Axe system alot. To say it's better is to not fully know both systems. Had both to compare to. A yeti cogs too much to crawl. The best thing you could do to it is reverse direction and use reverse as forward since reverse supplies lower voltage at the get go. It is a "softer" start. If you have an Axe system I would gladly trade you it for my Yeti' s. It's fast. That's it. But sucks for crawling.

Old 12-01-2019, 04:04 PM   #55
Rock Stacker

Why can I not delete post 53?? And ferp420. I am sorry. Thst sounded arrogant of me after I read it. The Yeti system you can not compare to though. Sensored vs. Sensorless. Race vs. Crawl system. No comparison.. Cogging is way too much of a bitch to enjoy crawling.

Last edited by Ctrain57; 12-01-2019 at 04:07 PM.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:40 AM   #56

It's an interesting selection of parts. Neither the Reefs nor the Axe is what I would choose, but Kudos to Redcat for offering an up-market electronics package in an RTR.

One thing I REALLY hope they do, is offer the interior separately. That would be a great addition to my clear-windowed Gen8.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:59 AM   #57
I wanna be Dave

All I want are the updated parts. I don't really have an interest in picking this up other than maybe grabbing the body since I already own a Gen8 Scout II.

If I didn't own one, then maybe I'd consider it and rob the electronics for another vehicle if the price was right.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:21 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
All I want are the updated parts. I don't really have an interest in picking this up other than maybe grabbing the body since I already own a Gen8 Scout II.

If I didn't own one, then maybe I'd consider it and rob the electronics for another vehicle if the price was right.
I've got the updated axles & axle housings, but I'm still waiting for my stock junk to break...
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:27 AM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
I've got the updated axles & axle housings, but I'm still waiting for my stock junk to break...
Yeah, I just put in an order for those parts since I was already ordering the flat skid. I'll be putting the flat skid on first, but my axles are fine for the time being as well.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:40 AM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrain57 View Post
Why can I not delete post 53?? And ferp420. I am sorry. Thst sounded arrogant of me after I read it. The Yeti system you can not compare to though. Sensored vs. Sensorless. Race vs. Crawl system. No comparison.. Cogging is way too much of a bitch to enjoy crawling.
in my opinion castle is better quality thats all sensor and sensorless are diferant animals for sure

i dident take your post as being arrogant you made some good points i just think castle is better

the castle link works on the axial branded escs plenty of settings to play with

new redcat? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to redcat hotrodsonoma Redcat Crawlers 2 03-04-2019 07:08 PM
redcat 1/8 importracerky General Crawlers 0 02-14-2013 10:35 PM