Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: it happend a clone of a redcat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2019, 02:05 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default it happend a clone of a redcat

i knew it was only a matter of time before redcat clones started showing up this looks exsacly like the gen7 only more exspensive lol

thats what happens when you do business with china even uses the hexfly branded hobby wing
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/193173198115
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2019, 02:26 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: it happend a clone of a redcat

Wasn't the gen 7 not Redcats own design? If IIRC the Gen 8 was their first in house design. It looks to me like the company behind the gen 7 has just sold it to another company which is totally fair game.
HumboldtEF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 02:29 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Wasn't the gen 7 not Redcats design? If IIRC the Gen 8 was their first in house design. It looks to me like the company behind the gen 7 has just sold it to another company which is totally fair game.
redcat dident design it but they did use a aftermarket chassie and hexfly is redcats brand so i dont know how much is redcat and how much is not
Old 12-01-2019, 04:22 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
i knew it was only a matter of time before redcat clones started showing up this looks exsacly like the gen7 only more exspensive lol

thats what happens when you do business with china even uses the hexfly branded hobby wing
It's not a clone. This us Redcats transitional period. They did not design the Gen 7. The only thing original on it is the BPC chassis. Look at the Exceed RC Maxstone10 and the Redcat Everest10. Same thing. The Clawback isnt authentic either. Exceed has the same thing. Both from China. Both off the same line and both pulled these from at the time a parent company. Himoto or Habao. Can't remember which one. This is why Redcat is breaking out with the Gen 8. This is their baby. Not the Gen 7. The Gen 7 is simply rebranded with a few tweeks. It's tough to find info. on the origins. Call Redcat and they will be the first to tell you this is true. I have been heavy into crawling for a while now as far as knowledge, crawling, and volunteering to make Class 1 and 2 trails for RC4WD. I pick shop owners and manufacturers brains constantly. Redcat is a great company to talk to. Their a bit unusual compared to other RC cars companies. In a good way. I used to despise Redcat. Until I wised up to my false beliefs. Lol. I definitely root for them now. Great people. Now they have Axials old C.E.O. Things are changing positively for Redcat. Not to knock anyone who is a Traxxas fan because I like there products to, but that is the only crud talking I hear anymore about Redcat is from ignorant Traxxass fans who think Traxxass is everything and usually when you dig. They do not know their ass from a hole in the ground.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Ctrain57; 12-01-2019 at 04:48 PM.
Ctrain57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:09 AM   #5

I'm not sure this is a clone. It looks like somebody is selling Gen7s with a different body, and the price reflects that too. Buy a Gen7, buy a Bug body, and sell them together.

Here's just the body from the same seller: https://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-1-10-Tru...oAAOSw96Zb2iT6
Jim85IROC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:10 AM   #6

I'm not sure this is a clone. It looks like somebody is selling Gen7s with a different body, and the price reflects that too. Buy a Gen7, buy a Bug body, and sell them together.

Here's just the body from the same seller: https://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-1-10-Tru...oAAOSw96Zb2iT6
Jim85IROC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 02:18 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post

that might verywell be the case it has the redcat radio and charger too and now that i look at it it looks like a redcat body same basic look as the everest 10 and other redcat rigs
Old 12-04-2019, 07:40 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
that might verywell be the case it has the redcat radio and charger too and now that i look at it it looks like a redcat body same basic look as the everest 10 and other redcat rigs
Probably an Exceed RC. It is or used to be a sister company of some sort. Look at those models. All the same Redcat Crawlers.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Ctrain57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 08:38 AM   #9
mta

Quote:

Nah that guy reskins everything to up sale it those are sports with 50 cent bodies he is pushing for more cash than a normal sport.
mta is offline   Reply With Quote

it happend a clone of a redcat - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Has this happend to you? GREEDY GENIUS Chit Chat 26 10-13-2011 06:29 PM
REDCAT RS10 clone - need your help roland330 Redcat Crawlers 7 11-16-2009 12:37 AM
REDCAT RS10 clone - need your help roland330 Redcat Crawlers 0 11-15-2009 01:44 PM
wonder what happend next Tronk Chit Chat 2 11-28-2006 12:28 PM