Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Danchee ridgerock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2021, 07:32 AM   #241
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Danchee ridgerock

cruzer, Look my profile or threads up I did a very extensive build on an RS10, that rig was what started the crawler bug for me, lotta love for it. The danchee is pretty equal to it yes but at half the price. I modded the RS10 about as much as I could, when they 1st came out though people managed to put 540 motors on them. Any way the danchee like the RS10 is a great budget entry into the hobby for sure. Specific questions just ask.
bbolden516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2021, 10:20 AM   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbolden516 View Post
cruzer, Look my profile or threads up I did a very extensive build on an RS10, that rig was what started the crawler bug for me, lotta love for it. The danchee is pretty equal to it yes but at half the price. I modded the RS10 about as much as I could, when they 1st came out though people managed to put 540 motors on them. Any way the danchee like the RS10 is a great budget entry into the hobby for sure. Specific questions just ask.
awesome! i have wondered about the motors. i read that some put 540s but i also found some companies make some 380s or 390s

has anyone changed the body to something that makes it look more scale at all?
cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 08:07 PM   #243
Quarry Creeper

cruzer,

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure the RS10 is discontinued, and when it was popular the craze was more of the buggy look with little to no body, some people put vw bug body's on them but like the danchee a scaler body would get in the way and limit its potential. I didn't ever do the 540 motor deal on mine but I did put some super cobalt 400 motors on mine, they were rare and hard to find even back then, now there pretty much impossible to find. Link to thread about half way down the page, things were way different back then lol, memories.
New body style RS10XT

Last edited by bbolden516; 04-20-2021 at 08:25 PM. Reason: spelling and add content
Old 06-11-2021, 09:30 AM   #244
Quarry Creeper

I'ven been working on the truck and it is basically finished. I wanted to share my work.
https://youtu.be/5jevFIVU30E

The first run
https://youtu.be/lU28wRIzbnY

Last edited by racerfred; 06-11-2021 at 09:47 AM.
racerfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 01:46 PM   #245
Quarry Creeper

racerfred,

Great video's as always flat out amazed on the ingenuity, that rig, was good factory now its amazing, what would you say your total investment is in it now?

BTW I love the simple clean look of your rig.

What knuckle setup are you running?

love the wheels and that new steering setup is killer.
Old 07-18-2021, 08:37 PM   #246

Hi everyone,
I am new to the Rc but I have been reading some of the post and have a couple of questions. Like for starts how can a make my own aluminum steering link or purchase one? I am interested in doing the servo upgrade. I would also like to do tire upgrades without having to do any modifications of cutting any recommendations in tires? I was also thinking of getting some rim weights from Harbor freight and adding them on top of the server wasn’t sure if I should add the weights to front servo and to the rear servo too? Any websites or videos you can point me to it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to look at this post.
Ecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 10:36 AM   #247
HCT

Full size wheeler for a long time, just got into RC crawling last year. Got a Rock Ridge and started to beat it and upgrade. Links, servos, cut tires, painted body to look like my 1:1 rig, ect.

I upgraded to better drive pins at the drive cups as I was breaking them all the time. Running 2mm dowel pins, now the drive cups are the weak link. I need more and Red Cat is out of stock. So I am going to get some quoted to get machined. Will be made from 4140 PH. So paired with hardened dowel pins they should outlast anything else in the drive train.

Seeing what the interest in these would be? Myself and two of my buddies have the same RC rigs, so I will be making at least 12 for us. But with anything like this, the higher the production numbers the lower the cost.

HCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 12:02 PM   #248
Quarry Creeper

I'd be interested if we knew what the cost would be. I just got a RR and I'm currently modding mine out.
dwblue00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 12:29 PM   #249
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwblue00 View Post
I'd be interested if we knew what the cost would be. I just got a RR and I'm currently modding mine out.
Id be interested, though My hobby has been put on hold due to 7-year fiance walking out of me and my kid....so finances are tight. But def interested as my cups and pins are starting to wear out/bend/etc

Read-Up! Mod-On! Crawl EXCESSIVELY!
23drumerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 02:10 PM   #250

I would love some

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Stevec16428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 06:15 AM   #251
HCT

I am awaiting a quote back on machining as well as potential quantity cost breaks.

Will update once I get that back.
Old 08-20-2021, 01:54 PM   #252

Hi everyone, i'm new to this forum, and also this crawler thing.
I'm in to the 8th scale buggy thing for a while, but i never really try a craler before, don't know why
After seing some videos of cralers, I decided to buy one, and, being me a newby, i think the best one i should buy was the redcat danche ridgerock (aka ftx ravine).
It arrived today, and I'm all pumped to start modifying it, with all the good advices of all of you here in this thread....
Don't let this thing die, keep on putting some vid's and mods of your crawlers...
Cheers

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wxh...ew?usp=sharing
Capucho44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 10:35 AM   #253
HCT

This is the e mail response,

"Well not sure what you were expecting, it is little but came out kind of expensive. The setup and manual handling get you in these volumes. If volumes were really high this could be bar feed in a lathe with live tooling (or a screw machine) and could be done really cheap (you would need the volume in order to pay for the setup). Let me know what you think.

QTY 25 $19.82 ea.
QTY 50 $17.12 ea.
QTY 100 $14.54 ea."

Don't want to wrap a bunch into this. Myself and two other buddies want at least a set, so that is 12. Seems like there was interest of at least 3 people on here, so that get me up to 24. So we are in the realm of around 80 bucks per set of 4.

Know its kind of hard to justify as the whole rig is only like 110. Also don't want to get a bigger quantity and have no one want to buy them and be stuck with the cost.

Let me know if there is still interest and or if more are interested.

I also asked lead time if they got kicked off for manufacture mid September. Waiting reply.
Old 08-29-2021, 04:11 AM   #254
Quarry Creeper

[QUOTE=HCT;6091300]This is the e mail response,

"Well not sure what you were expecting, it is little but came out kind of expensive. The setup and manual handling get you in these volumes. If volumes were really high this could be bar feed in a lathe with live tooling (or a screw machine) and could be done really cheap (you would need the volume in order to pay for the setup). Let me know what you think.

QTY 25 $19.82 ea.
QTY 50 $17.12 ea.
QTY 100 $14.54 ea."

Don't want to wrap a bunch into this. Myself and two other buddies want at least a set, so that is 12. Seems like there was interest of at least 3 people on here, so that get me up to 24. So we are in the realm of around 80 bucks per set of 4.

Know its kind of hard to justify as the whole rig is only like 110. Also don't want to get a bigger quantity and have no one want to buy them and be stuck with the cost.

Let me know if there is still interest and or if more are interested.

I also asked lead time if they got kicked off for manufacture mid September. Waiting reply.

So if I read this correctly.....it's going to cost about $80 to outfit a RR with these metal pieces?

Last edited by dwblue00; 08-29-2021 at 04:16 AM.
dwblue00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 10:45 AM   #255
Quarry Creeper

I had that idea before, but I found this was cheaper. I got the 3 major parts from Aliexpress for under $15 (not including the small hardware).
https://youtu.be/yZtB-RtJ-Ws

Last edited by racerfred; 09-07-2021 at 12:19 PM.
Old 09-07-2021, 10:46 AM   #256
Quarry Creeper

8T Pinion supply
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001...00982583%22%7D
Old 09-07-2021, 10:55 AM   #257
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbolden516 View Post
racerfred,

Great video's as always flat out amazed on the ingenuity, that rig, was good factory now its amazing, what would you say your total investment is in it now?

BTW I love the simple clean look of your rig.

What knuckle setup are you running?

love the wheels and that new steering setup is killer.
Sorry, I usually hang out on the Face book group. I posted a few links for upgrade parts above. Currently with good shopping and some luck, I'm around $350.
A recent picture
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...85154864990471

Last edited by racerfred; 09-07-2021 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-07-2021, 04:39 PM   #258
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerfred View Post
Sorry, I usually hang out on the Face book group. I posted a few links for upgrade parts above. Currently with good shopping and some luck, I'm around $350.
A recent picture
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...85154864990471
Do you mean $350 INTO the setup?! Or you mean the price of the truck plus the difference of 350 actually INTO rig?

Simply curious, is all.

Old 09-07-2021, 04:42 PM   #259
Quarry Creeper

[QUOTE=dwblue00;6091487]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCT View Post
This is the e mail response,

So if I read this correctly.....it's going to cost about $80 to outfit a RR with these metal pieces?
I believe you added each QUANTITY of parts' price, (per 25count, per 50count), for the $80 u speak of?

I read the post more like "cost of manufacturing TWENTY-FIVE pieces, though you'd only need 2-4 pieces per truck? MAYBE a few spares?

Old 09-07-2021, 04:58 PM   #260
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23drumerboy View Post
Do you mean $350 INTO the setup?! Or you mean the price of the truck plus the difference of 350 actually INTO rig?

Simply curious, is all.

$350 Total.
Here's a link to the FB modification page.
https://www.facebook.com/notes/redca...91431335412950

Last edited by racerfred; 09-07-2021 at 06:25 PM.