Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Danchee ridgerock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2020, 11:47 AM   #101

Default Re: Danchee ridgerock

I might try putting some duratrax deep woods on mine. I have a few sets from my Everest 10
SotaDirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2020, 11:55 AM   #102

Mine got pretty messed up. I was chasing my kid with it and it twisted a weird way. Now it will only go forward 1 inch and backward one inch. It also only crab crawls. So I got an Everest 10. I plan on fixing the Danchee and putting duratrax deep woods on it. I am also considering upgrading the motors and servos. I think I am gonna try to give it the same upgrades as I am giving my Everest.
Old 06-24-2020, 03:37 PM   #103
Quarry Creeper

SotaDirty, sorry to hear about your bad luck, hopefully its nothing major, and if it is I look forward to seeing your build any ways cant wait to see what you come up with.
bbolden516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 10:50 AM   #104

Been playing with mine a bit lately. Decided to hack a FS GT3 and throw in a HH BR Mini Dual and CC BEC. Also, used a stock servo as a suck down "winch" for fun. The dig helps more than the suck down "winch" but it was fun.

https://youtu.be/0jvV6M2pY8Q

https://youtu.be/N0-boQkb0jU

Last edited by charlieboyd65; 06-27-2020 at 11:03 AM.
charlieboyd65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 06:59 AM   #105

I plan on putting duratrax deep woods on mine. I am just looking for all the upgrades I can do to this baby to make it a monster in the woods and on the rocks. I upgraded my Everest 10 by putting 35kg servos, 30t motor, metal hexes, added 4 wheel steering. I plan to upgrade the esc, battery, and replace all the plastic parts with metal parts possible
Old 06-28-2020, 07:08 AM   #106

I actually like this buggy better than my Everest. I just want to know anything I can upgrade to make it perform better than most others. I am a newbie so I am not sure of all the things that can be done. I would like to extend the wheel base width on my Everest. I am looking at axel extensions but have heard good and bad things. There is one car with a wide wheel base that I have been looking at. I can’t remember the name. But it is close to 400 bucks. I don’t feel like paying that much because I plan on putting 200 bucks in upgrades to any crawler I get. I have already put 150+ or - into my Everest and still plan to do more mods while fixing the things that have broken lol.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:12 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbolden516 View Post

Updates I did the pin spring mod, why cause its cheap and easy and gives you droop in your shocks and lowers cg yet again. ...............
What is the pin spring mod and how is it done?
falcon_az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 09:27 AM   #108

Iv had my Danchee for about 2 weeks now, and I'm hooked!! Well I was always hooked on crawling, I had a 96 Cherokee lifted 6.5" locked front (ARB) an rear (lunchbox), atlas 4:1, 4.56 gears, u get the point lol. This thing fills the void, on a lot cheaper scale!!! iv already lowered the body, have wraith steering links on order. Thanks to everyone here for the ideas on the upgrades and future ones.
rustlerrockridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 05:22 PM   #109
Quarry Creeper

charlieboyd65, looks great really like the mods, looks like it crawls very well, nice vids btw, keep it up love watching others take this to the next level.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:26 PM   #110
Quarry Creeper

SotaDirty, the everest is a not a moa so you will have to get longer drive shafts to extend wheel base, wheel wideners will make it wider for pretty cheep both on ebay or amazon, but the wider and long it is it will get hung up easier and not be as maneuverable just my 2 cents.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:29 PM   #111
Quarry Creeper

falcon_az, here is a video( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTVUUizUkBI ) that will help with your question to the pin spring mod, pens can be had at dollar store, so this is a cheap mod.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:35 PM   #112
Quarry Creeper

rustlerrockridgeman, glad to hear, yes this like full size is addicting and the mods are endless at a fraction of the cost lol, I've had a YJ, XJ, WJ and now another XJ and this 1999 XJ is getting the works 4.56s front and rear and as for the rear ford 8.8 out of a like year explorer, so its got disc brakes also double locking this one, going to run it on 35s. May post a pic once im finished.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:10 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbolden516 View Post
charlieboyd65, looks great really like the mods, looks like it crawls very well, nice vids btw, keep it up love watching others take this to the next level.
Thanks, definitely got it started off with a lot of your tips and direction. Unfortunately, at this point I'm breaking axle parts far too often. Broken countless knuckles and quite a few gears in the motor setup. Thinking about buying a Bully 2 and swapping my electronics over. Just getting frustrated braking parts no matter how easy I am on it. Parts are cheap, but the wait time and down time to fix while out wheeling is annoying.

Great rig to get some one hooked on the hobby though. Always been a full on 1:1 crawler guy that builds my own rigs. But these little buggies have convinced me to enjoy the RC side as well!
charlieboyd65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 08:33 PM   #114
Quarry Creeper

Made a couple new videos on you tube if any one is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmF..._as=subscriber

Old 08-01-2020, 06:25 AM   #115

I have a danchee ridge rock and an everest 10. The e10 has under gone some mods to steering, motor and servos. Now I hope to do the same to my danchee. This thing already crawls over anything but I want a little more torque in the motor and steering.
Old 08-03-2020, 07:06 PM   #116

Default my first crawler

Whats up everyone. new to the RC game in general let alone the crawler rc game. so far loving the rig. upgraded her since these vids and also got a GoPro for some good footage. will be posting more soon. but here's some for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZkbcL72EmM&t=204s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6ezOG4LfkI&t=48s
AnthonysRC_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 03:29 PM   #117

Hey everyone, good thread. thanks for the help here and for the help via PM, bbolden.

upgraded the servos just like you. These are the items I bought from amazon:

180 degree servos: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

hub extendeers: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fatty tires: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The tires make it a bit faster which is cool... but without new suspension links they rubbed bigtime! so I designed a few and 3D printed, now they clear pretty well. The original tires work really well but I just wanted something beefier. they would rock on a basher for sure and here they perform well also, quite supple and grippy in my opinion.

I also lowered the body about a half inch or so I think. makes it look cooler. my little boy loves it (almost 3) and he's capable of driving it without hurting himself (or I) and can actually maneuver it decently unlike other faster cars.

cheers,

EGO

Link to photos on google: https://photos.app.goo.gl/3s9YduWHFNzABVno7

Last edited by egoaudio; 08-20-2020 at 03:30 PM. Reason: add photos link
egoaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 01:33 PM   #118
Quarry Creeper

egoaudio awesome to see all the new guys enjoying this sport, would love to see video's of the rigs I haven't see yet. , love the links you 3d printed links you made and those tires look like 1/8 scale, I think I might get a set for my sons danchee.

Last edited by bbolden516; 08-29-2020 at 01:50 PM.
Old 08-29-2020, 01:51 PM   #119
Quarry Creeper

AnthonysRC, glad to hear your enjoying it. love the vids too keep it up.
Old 08-29-2020, 02:07 PM   #120
Quarry Creeper

SotaDirty, love to see some pics or some vids,