Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Danchee ridgerock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2020, 05:13 PM   #161
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Danchee ridgerock

racerfred, thanks for the diy on how to change the button location for the different modes of steering.
bbolden516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2021, 11:00 AM   #162
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbolden516 View Post
racerfred, thanks for the diy on how to change the button location for the different modes of steering.
If any one needs extra buttons, let me know.
I had to buy in bulk.
racerfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 12:15 PM   #163
Quarry Creeper

Happy New year, hopefully we have some new Ridgerock owners out there.

Last edited by racerfred; 01-03-2021 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-03-2021, 12:39 PM   #164
Quarry Creeper

Metal steering tabs installed with a health dose of JB Weld. On mine i have the tabs facing down.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-29-2021, 06:37 PM   #165

One of my sons spent his birthday money on his first scale crawler and this with an extra battery was his budget. I purchased a truck myself after selling my crawlers 4 years ago. This things pretty impressive for the price point
dropstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 09:32 AM   #166
Quarry Creeper

dropstep, for the price point arguably one of the best crawlers, best bang for your buck for sure.
Old 02-05-2021, 05:56 PM   #167

Just got my ridgerock this last week and I'm amazed by it. I'm new to rc crawling. But not new to rock crawling. Already starting to make some custom links and the pen mod.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
jonhardy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 06:38 PM   #168
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonhardy86 View Post
Just got my ridgerock this last week and I'm amazed by it. I'm new to rc crawling. But not new to rock crawling. Already starting to make some custom links and the pen mod.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
All i did to mine, was heat & bend the stock links to be angled like "high clearance" links, removed tires, applied stick-on wheel weights around inside diameter of wheels, i believe 3.75 oz up front and slightly less out back -roughly 3oz or so...i also mobbed around no-foams, as the rig is SO light, its not like trying to trail with a 12lb TRX4 and no foams. It actually is a HUGE help for grip! (at least till u break in the tires a bit). Also trimmed a lot of body away for full-articulation-clearance of the enormous tires! Lol!

Ive only had to rebuild rear axle gears once, and, i think thats all in almost a year of crawling with the RR. I love it, and it looks hella-sweet towed behind my TRx4 Sport on a double axle trailer!

R.C. means both;Radio control, and Rock Crawler, oh..and Race Car! annd, Rice Cake, as well as
..Real cash, Remote Contr, etc
23drumerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 06:40 PM   #169
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23drumerboy View Post
All i did to mine, was heat & bend the stock links to be angled like "high clearance" links, removed tires, applied stick-on wheel weights around inside diameter of wheels, i believe 3.75 oz up front and slightly less out back -roughly 3oz or so...i also mobbed around no-foams, as the rig is SO light, its not like trying to trail with a 12lb TRX4 and no foams. It actually is a HUGE help for grip! (at least till u break in the tires a bit). Also trimmed a lot of body away for full-articulation-clearance of the enormous tires! Lol!

Ive only had to rebuild rear axle gears once, and, i think thats all in almost a year of crawling with the RR. I love it, and it looks hella-sweet towed behind my TRx4 Sport on a double axle trailer!

R.C. means both;Radio control, and Rock Crawler, oh..and Race Car! annd, Rice Cake, as well as
Also, changed to 20wt shock oil from whatever was factory, and was a huge help to performance on the rocks, also!

Of course i painted the beadlock rings neon green, as well as sliders and cage, and springs.

Old 02-08-2021, 06:52 PM   #170

Hello All,

Newbie here. So I have been lurking this thread for a while. Not sure if this has been posted yet but...I found that you can use Redcat Everest 10 Side Linkages with some slight modification.

I ordered the following Everest 10 Side Linkages:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then swap out the stock Ridgerock heim joints into the new Everest 10 linkages

And yep, I am running an Everest 10 body. I really did not like the stock body the Ridgerock came with

I did notice it slightly changes the caster alignment for the better.
jakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 04:12 PM   #171
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakers View Post
Hello All,

Newbie here. So I have been lurking this thread for a while. Not sure if this has been posted yet but...I found that you can use Redcat Everest 10 Side Linkages with some slight modification.

I ordered the following Everest 10 Side Linkages:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then swap out the stock Ridgerock heim joints into the new Everest 10 linkages

And yep, I am running an Everest 10 body. I really did not like the stock body the Ridgerock came with

I did notice it slightly changes the caster alignment for the better.
Bravo! And thank you very much for this awesome contribution to this great thread I'm sure you have helped a lot of other ridge Rock owners out by the time they finally read this.

Old 02-13-2021, 12:12 PM   #172

Hopefully I'm able to post here now. Things I've done are of course servos, brass links, wraith wheels with mud slingers, brass wheel hexs, also to stiffen up the front and rear steering, a wire clothes hanger fits nicely into the chanel on top and bottom of the steering links, cut and formed then wrapped in electrical tape eliminates all slop

Last edited by MattG99; 02-13-2021 at 12:19 PM.
MattG99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 04:00 PM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG99 View Post
Hopefully I'm able to post here now. Things I've done are of course servos, brass links, wraith wheels with mud slingers, brass wheel hexs, also to stiffen up the front and rear steering, a wire clothes hanger fits nicely into the chanel on top and bottom of the steering links, cut and formed then wrapped in electrical tape eliminates all slop
I actually did the same thing for the front and rear links, however, I used Jb weld to mount them in. Seems to help. I think a new rebuilt link may work better in the future.
jakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 09:00 PM   #174
Quarry Creeper

jakers, aweome find and great post sure to help those who feel intimidated by building their own links, for the time spent this will surely benefit a lot.

Keep it up I look forward to all posts that are both creative and helpful.

MattG99, sounds interesting got any pics or vids?

Last edited by bbolden516; 02-15-2021 at 09:02 PM. Reason: spelling and add content
Old 02-17-2021, 06:05 PM   #175
Quarry Creeper

I finally got my new electronics installed and working, I just need to learn how to drive again.
https://youtu.be/28hEW7V2FJE
Old 02-17-2021, 06:10 PM   #176
Quarry Creeper

Here is a guy who changed his steering linkage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ylq5SG1PV0&t=269s
Old 02-19-2021, 10:25 AM   #177
Quarry Creeper

racerfred, great vides, love those new wheels, very sharp, cpac97 seems like he's doing alot of research on direct part fitment which is great, 1 it saves alot of time to beable to just order a part that will work .@ it saves others from having to buy parts to see if they will or wont work, I did this back in the day with my RS10 by redcat, its nice to have a trendsetter for us to watch and see what works. Keep us posted on how you like the twin stick controller, and how functional it is, .

cpac97, please like and sub to his videos it will help him make more for all of us to benefit from. His newest video shows c hub and cup upgrades.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZtB-RtJ-Ws

Last edited by bbolden516; 02-19-2021 at 10:51 AM.
Old 02-20-2021, 08:42 PM   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbolden516 View Post
jakers, aweome find and great post sure to help those who feel intimidated by building their own links, for the time spent this will surely benefit a lot.

Keep it up I look forward to all posts that are both creative and helpful.

MattG99, sounds interesting got any pics or vids?
Not yet, I've been meaning to. Hopefully in a few days I can get back out to my local spot. Once I do I'll post the youtube link here for you guys.
MattG99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 12:55 PM   #179
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG99 View Post
Not yet, I've been meaning to. Hopefully in a few days I can get back out to my local spot. Once I do I'll post the youtube link here for you guys.
Sounds Great MattG99, looking forward to it.
Old 02-21-2021, 01:51 PM   #180
Quarry Creeper

Had a request on youtube to make a how to on my inflatable tires if anyone is interested heres the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qp4HJ19DRM