Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Are gen8 Axe shocks normally spongy?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2020, 06:25 PM   #1

Default Are gen8 Axe shocks normally spongy?

So, I decided to purchase the Gen8 Axe, which I totally love, it is really strong, and exactly what I was looking for, with one exception, the shocks. The shocks on the truck I got are really spongy. When you depress them, they barely come back at all, and are very slow. As compared to the shocks on my TRX4 Traxx, those shocks bounce back with authority, and very quickly and completely.

So, my question is, is this normal behavior for this vehicle, is there something I can do to help make the problem better, or is the answer to just buy new shocks? Could it be I received a one off with defective shocks?

Thanks for the help!
BA0701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2020, 07:36 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Are gen8 Axe shocks normally spongy?

bouncing back is bad they should be kinda slow but thats just a function of shock oil and everyone like there shocks set up differently so if you want a faster shock use a lighter shock oil watch for binding on the front shocks the axle swing can bind and bend the shafts not saying yours will just its posable
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 11:12 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Mine was the same why. I put 35w shock oil in the shocks and ran the collars down a bit to stiffen it Up. Seemed to help a lot. But like the ferp420 said everyone sets theirs up differently.
djr01974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 11:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by djr01974 View Post
Mine was the same why. I put 35w shock oil in the shocks and ran the collars down a bit to stiffen it Up. Seemed to help a lot. But like the ferp420 said everyone sets theirs up differently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
bouncing back is bad they should be kinda slow but thats just a function of shock oil and everyone like there shocks set up differently so if you want a faster shock use a lighter shock oil watch for binding on the front shocks the axle swing can bind and bend the shafts not saying yours will just its posable
Thank you very much, to both of you. Your responses were super helpful and were exactly what I was looking for. Cheers!
BA0701 is offline   Reply With Quote

Are gen8 Axe shocks normally spongy? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Gen8 AXE Edition. Choices, choices, choices... AK KRAWLER Redcat Crawlers 67 04-25-2022 04:12 PM
Looking for a suggestion modded TRX4 Traxx or Gen8 Axe BA0701 General Crawlers 1 01-15-2020 09:06 AM
Shocks for Gen8 White Bear Smith Redcat Crawlers 2 01-13-2020 01:44 PM
NEW Redcat Racing GEN8 AXE Edition RTR - In Stock! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 12-10-2019 12:24 PM
Pre_Order Now the New Redcat Racing GEN8 AXE Edition RTR. RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 12-04-2019 12:58 PM