Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: sound logic?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2020, 06:59 AM   #1

Default sound logic?

i have been wanting to get a different body for my gen8 axe. i dont like the convertible body at all, but i wanted the upgrades the axe offers.

i did the math, to get a new scout body (non convertible), i would need to get the body, the inner/outer and the plastic pieces like the grill, mirrors etc,

it comes out to be close to 120 dollars with shipping.

that is a lot of money for a second trail only body (i dont want to take the pieces from the convertible because i want to use the convertible on the rocks)

my logic is to just buy a second redcat gen8 (this time a regular edition)

i can use the new gen8 for trails only and keep the axe as my crawler over rocks.

with the sale of the gen8 at 270, its only 150 more than just a body and i get basically a ton of stuff with it.

how does my logic sound?
milesFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2020, 07:10 AM   #2

Default Re: sound logic?

Body prices are getting outrageous. Your logic makes sense to me! You can never have enough trucks. But you're still going to have a truck with a body you don't like, right? Also, I'd personally want a different truck not a duplicate of something I already have.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 07:20 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Body prices are getting outrageous. Your logic makes sense to me! You can never have enough trucks. But you're still going to have a truck with a body you don't like, right? Also, I'd personally want a different truck not a duplicate of something I already have.
unfortunately, i will always have a body i dont like. I am looking at the axial scx10.3 next, but i will wait for my birthday to get that. there arent any others im interested in though, honestly.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesFJ View Post
unfortunately, i will always have a body i dont like. I am looking at the axial scx10.3 next, but i will wait for my birthday to get that. there arent any others im interested in though, honestly.
Fair enough! If another Redcat will make you happy then by all means do it. You'll be able to bring a friend along crawling as well so there's that benefit.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:48 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
i have been wanting to get a different body for my gen8 axe. i dont like the convertible body at all, but i wanted the upgrades the axe offers.

i did the math, to get a new scout body (non convertible), i would need to get the body, the inner/outer and the plastic pieces like the grill, mirrors etc,

it comes out to be close to 120 dollars with shipping.

that is a lot of money for a second trail only body (i dont want to take the pieces from the convertible because i want to use the convertible on the rocks)

my logic is to just buy a second redcat gen8 (this time a regular edition)

i can use the new gen8 for trails only and keep the axe as my crawler over rocks.

with the sale of the gen8 at 270, its only 150 more than just a body and i get basically a ton of stuff with it.

how does my logic sound?

I guess I got lucky because I found an Axe packaged as a P.A.C.K setup for $189, a blue body with all the trimmings for $80, TRX4 tires and wheels for $30. I just moved my 1080 esc,servo and bought an HH Trailmaster 21t to complete it. Of course now the RTR has dropped to $270 that might have steered me the direction you're going and sort of has because I just bought one for my son. SO your logic is sound
Flamnpede1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:29 AM   #6

i was thinking of buying the clear body so i could paint it white with a black roof, however, i am terrible at painting and every single paint job i have attempted has been complete trash. since bodies are too expensive, i would rather just get the blue one one that already looks great.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:35 AM   #7

meh, i ordered the blue one. i have been looking at it for days and figured why not. i really want to make this one a detailed scale trail truck. I havent decided if i am going to clear out the windows and put an interior in it, but if i do, i will do it at a later time.

i am very excited
Old 03-24-2020, 11:06 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up Re: sound logic?

Quote:
meh, i ordered the blue one. i have been looking at it for days and figured why not. i really want to make this one a detailed scale trail truck. I havent decided if i am going to clear out the windows and put an interior in it, but if i do, i will do it at a later time.

i am very excited
Nice! I have one coming tomorrow as my anniversary gift. I already ordered parts that come on thursday It'll be a trail truck. I'll see if I can add leafs to the rear like my scx10 ii. The RCs my wife buys me always end up being my favorite once I'm done.
xtreme4x2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 11:20 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme4x2 View Post
Nice! I have one coming tomorrow as my anniversary gift. I already ordered parts that come on thursday It'll be a trail truck. I'll see if I can add leafs to the rear like my scx10 ii. The RCs my wife buys me always end up being my favorite once I'm done.
i wish i didnt wait to order it. i have 1 more day on my vacation, and then im back to work
Old 03-24-2020, 11:36 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up Re: sound logic?

Quote:
i wish i didnt wait to order it. i have 1 more day on my vacation, and then im back to work
haha dang bad timing. I was eyeing a couple different ones for my gift, but decided not to ask for too much. Plus I had just bought a UMG 6x6 from a forum member, so my RC shelf is almost full. I have room for a RC4WD of some sort when that time comes.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:26 PM   #11

got the shipment notice. very fast. not arriving until tuesday. i really wish i ordered it sooner.

i did order a new ESC plug and a receiver that will work with the gt5

Last edited by milesFJ; 03-24-2020 at 06:33 PM.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:23 AM   #12
Rock Stacker

Quote:
got the shipment notice. very fast. not arriving until tuesday. i really wish i ordered it sooner.

i did order a new ESC plug and a receiver that will work with the gt5
Sweet! My son's RTR should be here tomorrow so we can trail run together soon. I almost ordered him the orange one so I could steal his body, but I'm kind of digging the blue one after having it for a couple weeks.
Flamnpede1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 09:42 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

I got mine in a couple days ago. Already replaced the wheels, tires, servo and installed a crawlmaster 12t. Also added the club5 servo relocation, steering/pan hard links, SSD scale drive shaft (front), aluminum portal knuckles and front link/pan hard mounts. I have the hot racing bad** short shaft, flat trans skid and "intheworksrc" high clearance brass lower links coming on Monday. Might as well order parts and work on this since I'm stuck at home haha

sound logic? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Add Some Sound With Team Associated ESS Sound Systems! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 2 01-18-2018 03:14 PM
Cowboy Logic Toyota Crawler sig_p232 2.2 Scale Rigs 5 06-02-2008 04:53 PM
my dads t maxx 3.3 with rd logic pipe ericbrierton Chit Chat 5 05-07-2008 02:38 PM
Rd Logic ? wmd Tamiya TLT Crawlers 4 04-08-2007 07:35 PM
RD logic 6.75" tires..? anyone..? skipstr71 Tires and Wheels 3 03-10-2006 07:44 PM