RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/redcat-crawlers/)
-   -   Gen 8 light kit, reverse lights on going forward (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/redcat-crawlers/620867-gen-8-light-kit-reverse-lights-going-forward.html)

rghouse 09-08-2020 01:24 PM

Gen 8 light kit, reverse lights on going forward

Anybody know how to fix the reverse light issue with the gen 8 light kit from Redcat? The lights illuminate when accelerating forward, not backward. No jumpers or explanation available in instructions. Amazon folks have had this issue also. Wondering if a better radio might help?

vinceherman 09-08-2020 02:28 PM

Re: Gen 8 light kit, reverse lights on going forward

From the Q&A on one amazon product
Quote:

Remove the jumper to the far right and make sure you gun it forward for a few seconds and backwards. I had the same issue
Did the product come with any instructions? Is there a jumper next to 3 sets of pins labelled K2, K3 and K4?

rghouse 09-08-2020 05:00 PM

Hey thanks @vinceherman. Yes, the instructions did not mention any of the above info though. I called customer service (very nice) and he said to remove the k3 jumper, this is very common issue. Problem is I don’t be believe there is a jumper installed(I’m not with the car). Just have the 3 strings plugged in, al the other slots are empty. I’ll take a look when I get home

Timmahh 09-08-2020 06:46 PM

if your reverse lights are getting bright when you move forward, are the forward lights lighting up when you go reverse?

If they are, just swap the front and reverse lights in the controller ports.

My controller has dip switches which make it nice. Many of these are the same thing with different lables.

vinceherman 09-09-2020 08:37 AM

rghouse, please do post back when you see what you have. I am interested in this same kit and want to know if it is a simple fix with the jumpers.

Any chance that you can post a link to the kit you bought to make sure we are talking about the same one?

rghouse 09-11-2020 05:11 PM

I resolved the issue by removing all three jumpers! lol. It was the last combination I tried. Everything works great now. I got the kit on Amazon, 30$, oem from Redcat. I plan on taking a yellow sharpie or something to the front bumper lights to make them fog lights next... white lights in bumper just look off.

Timmahh 09-11-2020 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rghouse (Post 6044038)
I resolved the issue by removing all three jumpers! lol. It was the last combination I tried. Everything works great now. I got the kit on Amazon, 30$, oem from Redcat. I plan on taking a yellow sharpie or something to the front bumper lights to make them fog lights next... white lights in bumper just look off.

TO get full Stock working ability from my amazon special (non redcat unit) I had to turn off all the dip switches (same as removing the jumpers).

I would say the controller boards are all the same logic board/code, just different companies wiring them up and selling them in their wrappers/setups.