Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Redcat RS10 revisited

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 07:55 PM   #101
RCC Addict

jrkilburn, sounds awesome. Feel free to post anything you've done to your RS10 in this post...I made it so we could have everything about these rigs in one spot since we don't have a dedicated forum spot like other rigs do.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2009, 09:48 PM   #102
Quarry Creeper

.. I ended up with cheep Banbots. But was not happy till i Upgraded my 3 cell lipos to the ones listed in Electronics. They are 35c and 65 burst. They made the banbots kick A$$.. 29 per and small.. I ran one last night for over 15 min and never ran out... just stoped playing...[/QUOTE]

hey tjmark, so your using a 3cell lipo on them banebots. did it help with stall? my buddy has a tekin fxr in his and it seemed to have helped. now he's thinking bout some lipo's and banebots as well
73fordhighboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:42 PM   #103
Rock Crawler

The first RS10 tube buggy body is done. The final paint got messed up but oh well. Let me know what you think.

BADASSPONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:49 PM   #104
Rock Stacker

Looks nice - how does it fit?
austexjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:51 PM   #105
Rock Crawler

It fits great we just had to fab our own mounting system.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:03 PM   #106
Pebble Pounder

Looks sick I love it
newtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:44 PM   #107
Quarry Creeper

rs10 wiring mod with 12ga. wire to the rear motor. from the rear motor 18ga. wire to the front motor. Got my wires mixed with a homemade battery plug and fried the reverse in the esc. Oops!!! If I don't go back with a stock esc I may use the Mayhem. I think it carries more amps. Slid the lower end of the front shocks a little closer to the axle. Might make a little longer links for the rear. Rock Claws mounted. Lipo battery velcro to the front axle cat head (lexan on the three link), with a rubber band from ear to ear as a precaution. If not enough weight I can velcro my second battery to it depending on terrain or for long run times without changing batteries I can use a parallel connector to run both. Tenergy 7.4 1800mah 20c. I'm going to try an 8t pinion on the front next. Does anybody know what the part no. is for the roller wheel that goes under the center of the chassis on each side?
cul8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:11 PM   #108
RCC Addict

Tuber chassis looks sick man, I wanna see it when it's all mounted up to your rig.

cul8tr, I hear it's better to run a lower tooth pinion on the rear motor as oppose to the front motor, but experimentation isn't a bad thing. I'm not sure about those wheels for the chassis, to me it just seems like something that's more of a gimmick than something that works well. I'd recommend attaching a piece of lexan to your skid or making an all lexan skid...would work better I would imagine. Your setup sounds nice though...post up some pics if you can.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:15 AM   #109
Rock Crawler

Well I got screwed over the weekend. Ive had my RS10 on order for 2 weeks and finally got a return email that even though I paid 2 weeks ago for it they are out of stock so I had to order again from someone else. This is killing me having all these parts and no crawler. At least I do have my buddies to do all the fab work off of till mine gets here this week along with the other parts.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:39 PM   #110
Quarry Creeper

jsowens, I'm trying some old slot car front wheels on the bottom of the crawler for now to get an idea of how good it is or not. The part no. for the wheel is RCT-H101 $11.99. Its raining now so I'll try it out tomorrow. Still no rev. just ordered myself a new esc. I'm not good with computers but I'll try to get some pics up soon. I do appreciate all of the guys posting up there rides and ideas, the info has been alot of help. Just wanted to say, THANKS EVERYBODY!!!

Last edited by cul8tr; 11-23-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:48 PM   #111
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cul8tr View Post
jsowens, I'm trying some old slot car front wheels on the bottom of the crawler for now to get an idea of how good it is or not. The part no. for the wheel is RCT-H101 $11.99. Its raining now so I'll try it out tomorrow. Still no rev. just ordered myself a new esc. I'm not good with computers but I'll try to get some pics up soon. I do appreciate all of the guys posting up there rides and ideas, the info has been alot of help. Just wanted to say, THANKS EVERYBODY!!!
I am going to be trying some bearings as my own rock slider wheels. I dont thing that are a gimmick as Axial has them listed for the AX10. Ultimately Im going to design and make my own v plate comp chassis for the RS10 that will use a delrin skid. Id love to see someone come out with metal gears and housings for ours. Ive seriously been considering the new Bully comp crawler just for the option of steel gears and axles but I REALLY like that the RS10 axles do offer alittle more cround clearance.

urchobby.com carries a full line of Redcat parts cheap!!
Old 11-23-2009, 07:47 PM   #112
RCC Addict

Definitely give those roller wheels a shot...who knows, they might be awesome. I'm in the process of planning up a new chassis for mine, I've ran my custom one enough that I know what I like and don't like about it so revision 2 will be up and running within the next couple of weeks.

I've been keeping my eyes open for metal gears for other rigs that could potentially be used for replacements...we need those really badly. I could live with the plastic housings if I had some strong gears in them. I may eventually upgrade to bully's also, but for now I'll wait and see what comes out from redcat.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:13 PM   #113
Pebble Pounder

Hey my stock rear motor just went out and I am looking for a replacement not necessarily an upgrade. Does anyone know of a motor cheaper than the stock one from redcatracing.com that will fit without modification?
landrover4wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:19 PM   #114
Rock Crawler

Check on egay, there was a couple stock replacement one there or you might try the dura trax motors.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:33 PM   #115
Pebble Pounder

Is the Banebot RS-390 Motor a direct replacement for the rs10? Also how many turns is it?
landrover4wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:16 AM   #116
Rock Crawler

They are a direct replacement but Im not sure how many turns they are.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:42 PM   #117
Quarry Creeper

Default weight

What have you guys been trying or using as far as adding ounces to the front and rear axle? A good starting point. Right now I have 5.5 oz. in the front, ran out of stick on weights. I'll get some more tomorrow to add to the rear. I'm guessing about 7-9oz. front and 2-4 oz. rear. Anybody using a dig on their rs10? If so, what kind? I took the ball out of the top of the shock and put a piece of nitro fuel line in its place to get more flex, articulation. Thanks

Last edited by cul8tr; 11-26-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:36 PM   #118
RCC Addict

I'm using lead fishing sinkers taped to my wheels for weight, but might eventually get some stick on weights. I'm planning on making a dig switch box (like the one stickied in the berg forum) when I make my new chassis. Should have that going within a couple of weeks.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:11 PM   #119
Rock Crawler

I just weighed my new wheels and the weigh 9.6oz on the front and 7.6 on the rear. They are Axial Rocksters with Losi Comp Claws weighted on the inside. I havent tested the yet but they should work alot better. I also have a set of Aluminum DNA Stalkers on the way.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:25 PM   #120
Quarry Creeper

for weights we use 'solid core lead wire' we got it at the local fishing store. a whole lot-for way cheap. more than you need. they got it in 3/16 and 1/4 wire. real easy to wrap round the inside blah blah blah... you get it.
73fordhighboy is offline   Reply With Quote