Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: RS10 dig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2010, 12:03 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default RS10 dig

Ok so this may have been answered somewhere before but like usual when i search for something a lot of things come up and it is a bit overwhelming. So my questions is this......Can the stock radio on the rs10 be setup with a dig switch?
ctracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2010, 06:37 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

No, you need to get a tq3 and do the push button mod. Look in the tips and tricks for the push button mod.
major94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:31 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

ah ok. was hoping there was some kind of mod to do to stock radio. thanks.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:16 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

How crafty with electronics are you? One might be able to take the button on the handle and turn it into a swich, I dont know what the pcb looks like in the stock radio. If you added a toggle swich to the radio and used the wires from the button on the handle you might be able to rig somthing up?

You can upgrade to a cheap 3ch 2.4 ghz radio for about 50 bucks. or a good one for around 100.
AngryTradesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:05 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Camobob posted a tip somewhere about using the rear steer servo to run a dig. difference is you need to use push/push switches instead of momentary since the radio wont hold. I did it with with just the rear motor. Works fine but you have to go through a sequence of button pushes to make it work. On the otherhand, i did it for $1.49 ( would be 3 for front and rear) in stead of $90 for a radio and 60 for a DIG.
dudegetabike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:06 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I haave an electronics background (job) but I haven't opened the radio up yet to see what it looks like. I know it has a button that toggles thru the different steering options but I am thinking that is somehow programmed into the unit itself. Might have to open it up and take a look. was thinking someone might have already tried this but guess not. I did see some cheap radios out there but I was thinking this could be dome.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

well from what i know the punk dig acts as a servo so in theory you could set your 4ws position and make rear trim 100% left and then in your rws position and make your rws 100% right thus making the dig work off the rear servo ckt chan 3. for both rear and front dig. but then you would not be able to use 4ws its an idea take it or leave it lol.
talon0713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:38 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

thats sounds interesting and doable. dont want to get used to the 4ws. rather figure out how to use the dig if possible.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:21 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

found this link from punk with a dig requireing only two channels. http://www.punkrc.com/index.php?main...products_id=32 any input guys? seems like it wouldnt respond very fast though.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:06 AM   #10
RCC Addict

You don't really HAVE to spend over $100 for a dig setup unless you just have the cash laying around. In fact, I only have about $50 total in my rx/tx and dig switch setup. Ideally it's nice to pop in a punk dig and 2.4ghz radio, but if you're on a low budget...a TQ3 with push button mod and a micro servo/dig switches works well enough. My suggestion is, if you're set on using the stock radio, or at least curious about trying it out...pick up a cheap micro servo, some switches, some wire, and wire up a dig. If it works...awesome, if not, you're not out of much cash and you could still upgrade to a nicer radio/dig.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:34 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

not alot of cash laying around. didnt you here? Obama is the president...LOL. I figured I better spend what little cash I have so I dont have to give it to anyone else. still thinking about the radio. Just got done mounting stock shocks to axles....sure is ugly that way. need some longer shocks.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:53 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Default Now you can run "Dig" with stock RS10 radio

Just found this.....says it has a bit of a delay , but, if you get used to it....who cares http://www.punkrc.com/index.php?main...products_id=32
WarHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:10 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Default Lol

And look at me posting something that has already been posted
WarHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:17 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

noobe here lost people talk about diges what are they please explan?
grave 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:26 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by grave 1 View Post
noobe here lost people talk about diges what are they please explan?
A dig can come in various forms, but when it comes to MOA (motor on axle) rigs like we have, a dig can either consist of dig switches or an electronic dig. Dig switches would be a pair of switches connected in a specific way and when one of the switches is tripped by a servo, it locks the front wheels of the crawler, the other switch tripped by a servo locks the rears. An electronic dig operates the same way, but doesn't use a servo and switches. To do a setup like this, you need a radio with a 3 position switch on the 3rd channel and you need the dig setup itself.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote