Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Pimp cane 10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 08:43 PM   #41
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarHog View Post
I have no doubt in that CamoBob, but, this one is freakin easy to work with or at least it looks like it is .
easy it is for sure! nothing to get in the way and not alot to tune. problem is the cg. i dont run lipos (yet) and having the big stick pack 5.5" up doesnt make for good vert climbs. it does have a great break over though. i ordered a bunch of new parts ( chassis, shocks, delirn, rod ends, motors ect) and will be running this until it all comes in! fun to rn but not much to tune....not much fun.
cumminsontherocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2011, 01:17 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

who want to tune all the time , if it works it works. And it sounds like you need a lipo my friend. Or you can split the pack up like I mentioned earlier and place it on the rear axle.
camobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:17 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

I agree CamoBob.....DAMN a bunch of tuning
WarHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

The only problem with this is, That is too much articulation. It does look impressive, but all you need and want is just enough to get a tire under your tire when it is up

Having this much articulation makes it unstable. I would know I battled this for a good long while.

Good luck yall.
major94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:19 PM   #45
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by major94 View Post
The only problem with this is, That is too much articulation. It does look impressive, but all you need and want is just enough to get a tire under your tire when it is up

Having this much articulation makes it unstable. I would know I battled this for a good long while.

Good luck yall.

you are very correct! when i first ran the one i built it would literaly drive right over to the roof with the rear tires on the gound. i read up on a ax10 thread using the same material i did and saw that he limited flex and stiffened the back bone by adding a piece of brake linedown one side of the track. it helped greatly. i may add another shorter one on the other side to see it ot gets better.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:50 PM   #46
RCC Addict

I agree with major94 on the articulation issue. Tuning isn't necessarily a bad thing and you don't have to sit and try option after option after option. Take a look around the forum in the other MOA sections and you'll see what works and what doesn't. The only difference is the axle itself and yeah you might have to alter things a bit to fit, but the basic principal is there. Doing that helped me immensely when tuning my rig. I'm personally not a fan of the cane style chassis and have no desire to crawl up a set of stairs or any other crazy break over stuff. I would much rather have my rig suitable for vertical climbs, sidehills, etc... and perform well on those than just perform on high breakovers. Just my 2 cents.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:06 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

With the OG pimp cane I could get one tire about 4 inches off the ground before my rear would lift , and that was easily changed with weighting the tires . Im not saying the pimp cane is the best chassis in the world , but if it will help some of these guys run 540's and BTA steering without having to worry about link geometry and shock placment then why not try it. As far as breakovers and stair climbing go I only see that as one more cabability. The chassis weighs next to nothing so going verticle and side hilling is a breeze. I could set my RTR 10, battery and all on its side and it wouldnt tip over even with a lil nudge. All a guy really needs is a small lipo and you are in business. As soon as I'm over this flu I will be putting mine together with an original pimp cane chassis, axial beadlocks, original motors ,servo dig, boss claws, sidewinder, stock servo ( till warhog sends me a good one). And I will bring it to our next comp and give you a truthfull impression. And then Im gonna sell it to my buddy After all I have a decent running T1e MOA Losi.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:35 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Why is everybody looking at me now
WarHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:16 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Default love it

Did you flip that rear axle?? That's some great shit right there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by camobob View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LATz1gLCdM I sold my rs10 axles a looong time ago . You can search my name and maybee find some infor in the rs10 section. I have an original pimpcan chassi sthat I would like to try on an rs10 . I made the one in the video out of window blind channel . No shocks or links , no setup I ad could climb like that one could.
rooktakesqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:25 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Default stiff

I think the major problem with this chassis is that it stiffens up bad when it's cold out...and that's no bueno!
Old 02-11-2011, 04:34 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

Dude where do you come up with this shit
Old 02-11-2011, 10:57 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

Default ?

Plastics, of all types, have fluctuating tensile modulus properties which are in direct ratio to the temperature of the segment in question. In plain English: they flex more when warm and less when cold...I hope that's basic enough for you to grasp???
Quote:
Dude where do you come up with this shit
Old 02-11-2011, 11:07 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Default anyways...

now, getting past all that, I like the way you flipped the rear axle so the motor is trailing. Do you like the way that works? I'm thinking about doing something like that with a Tracer type frame and Losi axles with the MOA kit.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:18 AM   #54
Rock Crawler

The original pimp cane chassis is metal and I have never hearf of it getting stiff in the weather. I did like the motor towards the rear , with a tall enough tire(rover) it would hardly ever touch the ground. Either way you mount the rear axle has advantages and disadvantages I guess it all depends on where you run and what you like best.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:21 AM   #55
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooktakesqueen View Post
now, getting past all that, I like the way you flipped the rear axle so the motor is trailing. Do you like the way that works? I'm thinking about doing something like that with a Tracer type frame and Losi axles with the MOA kit.
I dont think it would work too good with the losi moa kit , because the motor is mounted straight out like a driveshaft and would get hung up on everything. Search "torsion losi" there are a couple sweet setups with the moa . but I really like my T1E chassis
Old 02-12-2011, 09:14 AM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Has anyone tried a Hot Racing stick with the RS10 axles? I have a Super and a 2.2 stick. The 2.2 has Clod axles on it right now. Thanks
cul8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:15 AM   #57
Quarry Creeper

Default ok

Ya, I've seen Losi's set up with it, cool looking. I figured the motor would get hung up out the back...but it would be awesome to figure out an axle configuration to make that work.
Quote:
I dont think it would work too good with the losi moa kit , because the motor is mounted straight out like a driveshaft and would get hung up on everything. Search "torsion losi" there are a couple sweet setups with the moa . but I really like my T1E chassis
Old 02-16-2011, 06:20 PM   #58

Default pimp cane

Made my bracket's today. will post pic's. I know camobob want's to see them. lol Oh I had A TIME finding screws small enough. I found a website tho. www.rtlfasteners.com/RC/r1.html They sell in sets of 12 to 50. Hard to bet the price's in my opinion. 12 (2.5x25mm) socket head cap screws and 12 nuts cost me $11. Shipped !!!! Hope it helps yall out like it did me. I don't have a local hobby shop so i have to do all my shopping online
kpickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:50 PM   #59
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickels View Post
Made my bracket's today. will post pic's. I know camobob want's to see them. lol Oh I had A TIME finding screws small enough. I found a website tho. www.rtlfasteners.com/RC/r1.html They sell in sets of 12 to 50. Hard to bet the price's in my opinion. 12 (2.5x25mm) socket head cap screws and 12 nuts cost me $11. Shipped !!!! Hope it helps yall out like it did me. I don't have a local hobby shop so i have to do all my shopping online

good deal man! cant wait to see them. i didnt like the 2.5m bolts so i opened the top two holes up with a 1/8" drill bit and used 3m screws instead. much easier for me to use the same T handle allen wrench on everything on my truck
Old 02-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #60
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumminsontherocks View Post
i didnt like the 2.5m bolts so i opened the top two holes up with a 1/8" drill bit and used 3m screws instead. much easier for me to use the same T handle allen wrench on everything on my truck
X2