Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: RS10 540 problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2011, 07:52 AM   #1

Default RS10 540 problem

I recently upgraded to the 540 kid from ZNO, I also installed the metal gears and the big boy kit, where the casing comes rtr. Everything works fine, but the front motor will occasionally lock up, and lose power. Shortly after, it will regain power. I appears the motor wants to work, but it wont turn the gears. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem is? Other then this issue, the 540 make a huge different, it add a lot of fun to the truck. I appreciate anyones help. I stopped at my local hobby shop, they recommended me trading it in for an AX10 grrrrr! Thats like going to Mcdonalds and asking for a whopper.
tpain123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2011, 08:16 AM   #2
RCC Addict

To make sure nothing is wrong in the gearbox, unbolt the motor you're having trouble with from the gearbox, then turn the crawler on and see if you have problems with the motor. If you do, you know something is up with the motor. However, if you remove the motor and there are no problems, start checking out your gears and differential. Make sure your gear mesh between the motor pinion and the other gears isn't super tight. If you determine the problem is with the motor itself, I suggest starting a topic in the electronics section of the forum. There are plenty of guys in there who can troubleshoot motors.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:20 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

swap motor wires from front to back and if problem still persist in the same motor than you know you need to take that axle apart and if nothing is up in there then you have a crap motor. Simple as pie.
It usually runs fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 06:59 PM   #4

The motor will work, then it will seize up, if I push down on the frame or something it will sometime start to work again. Its like the motor is trying to turn but the gears are preventing it.. I appreciate all the help so far, you guys are great-Thank you!
tpain123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:24 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Have you tried removing the motor from the gearbox and running it to see if it stalls with no pressure from the gears? If not, try that and see if it binds up. If it does, your motor is bad.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:57 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Might have set your mesh too tight on your pinion
Dabandit1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gears, motor