Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Fitting GMade R1 chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 02:35 PM   #1

Default Fitting GMade R1 chassis

Im planning in getting a gmade r1 chassis because they look bad ass. My question is do all the stock links fit or soon need to get some different links?

Also are the factory shocks ok or should I invest in some better ones for the chassis?

Thanks guys!!

Lee
shooterpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Fitting GMade R1 chassis

Stock length gmade upper and lower gmade links...will need to be bent. Stock shocks are good
shaggy2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #3

So I can't use either rs10 links? And the gmade ones need to be bent? How do I bend them? How much angle?
Old 03-26-2012, 10:01 PM   #4

I just read your thread on your chassis build. No chance I can do all that, so maybe I'll go a different route.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:03 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I am in the process of doing this right now. The links physically bolt up(with some hardware changes), but the angles are a little wonky, and the top links are too short, which throws the top of the axles in too far. The shock mounts made my stock shocks stand straight up, and lost all my flex... so I started modifying!
I fabbed up some aluminum side cover plates, which gives me a solid place to mount my shocks at an angle closer to stock, which is bringing my flex back.

As far as the top links, I was going to make new ones, but I think I will move the top axle mount farther forward, and drill new holes in the axle housing. That will effectively lengthen my links, and I can drill the hole in the mount for the links lower, which will get them more parallel with the bottom links, which hopefully will make the wonky go away.

So far I love the chassis though...looks cool, and about 8 out of 10 rollovers leave me back on my wheels! Plus I'm not continuously destroying those rare, expensive Geo Tracker bodies I love so much!

I will be updating my "Godzuki .5" build thread with all of the changes I made to get this chassis to work(with pictures) when I get them done...so stay tuned.
smitty808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:25 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooterpunk View Post
Im planning in getting a gmade r1 chassis because they look bad ass. My question is do all the stock links fit or soon need to get some different links?

Also are the factory shocks ok or should I invest in some better ones for the chassis?

Thanks guys!!

Lee

You can transfer everything over, it looks a little weird IMO. There is a thread in here somewhere that a guy transferred all of his redcat gear over to a gmade chassis. Buy a couple of links at a time, before you know it you have all of them.
HoupS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:30 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I really kinda' regret not ordering the Gmade links when I ordered the chassis. Would have made life easier. I always seem to spend a dollar to save a dime though!
smitty808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Making the links is super easy...a drill and something to cut the aluminum is pretty much all u need...$4.00 for the aluminum rod 3' long.
shaggy2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 06:50 PM   #9

Anything new on this suspension set up your trying to accomplish? I've got the same set up with aluminum skins I just made. Would love to get more flex. I've got the lower links moved inward and bent for high clearance. I've also got the upper links mounted in triangulation on the top center of each axle.
fourplyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 06:16 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my rs10. Could u buy 130mm shocks and mount them Uptop. Stock rs10 shocks are 100mm so 30mm more should give some angle? Am I right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Freitas118 is offline   Reply With Quote

Fitting GMade R1 chassis - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
gmade r1 chassis krazycrawler888 RC4WD Bully 3 03-27-2011 09:59 PM
Gmade R1 Chassis?? crawlerdude1 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 0 01-04-2011 06:41 PM
has anyone ever seen a chassis that looks like gmade stealth? SmokeScream General Crawlers 5 09-10-2010 06:34 PM
Gmade Stealth Chassis.... BoomBoom Newbie General 6 09-21-2007 02:00 PM