Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: FYI-Everest 10 and axial steering bushings not equivalent

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2016, 06:52 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default FYI-Everest 10 and axial steering bushings not equivalent

I'm in the process of overhauling my Everest 10's steering and figured I'd post this in case it helps someone else down the road. I bought some Axial based steering knuckles that did not come with steering bushings and figured I could reuse the steering bushings from my E10 since the measurements seemed close. I don't have the stock axial ones to compare them to, but based on the (imperfect) fitment, I'm guessing the bushings from the E10 are slightly longer and may have a slightly narrower OD (they fall out of the knuckles by gravity if you don't hold them in). I could have ground them down to remove the extra length, but even if I did this there still would have been an excess of slop in the steering that would have been difficult to remove. I ended up buying some other bushings, but I could have saved some shipping if I had known I needed them.

Last edited by Smokin' Joe; 09-29-2016 at 07:44 PM.
Smokin' Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2016, 03:13 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: FYI-Everest 10 and axial steering bushings not equivalent

I got some Locked up RC steering bushings to compare to the E10 ones. The E10 ones are definitely longer. The E10 ones also have a slightly smaller OD. Given that the LURC bushings are supposed to be oversize it is possible the E10 ones are the same OD as the stock axial bushings.
Smokin' Joe is offline   Reply With Quote

FYI-Everest 10 and axial steering bushings not equivalent - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AR60 Pinion Bushings vs Bearings vs Bushings Thread TheScaleAddict Axial Wraith 276 03-21-2018 11:27 PM
Faster motor and steering knuckles for the Everest 10. escrawler Redcat Crawlers 6 12-07-2015 08:13 PM
bronze bushings for steering mod Jero Tamiya XC/CC01 2 05-21-2014 08:48 AM
Wk steering lever 1 bushings... NEED SOME! JavelinSST390 HPI Wheely King 6 04-22-2008 01:10 PM