Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Parts for E10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2017, 05:36 PM   #1

Default Parts for E10

I just ordered two Everest 10's for me and my son. Have read that I'll probably need to replace the diff's.
Looked at the "Iron Cross" parts and the HSP replacement diff. Is there any major reason to use one over the other? It would be cheaper to use the Cross since two come in a pack and I need four of them.
Thanks, JC
RollTideRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2017, 07:04 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Parts for E10

With the axial iron crosses the axle end need to be filed down to fit the the axial locker vs the hsp replacement is just that an metal replacement no filing needed. The axial locker also needs to plastic stock locker modified or a differential case for a axial

Case part#
Axial AX80002 SCX10 AX10 EXO Wraith Differential Case - Small: AX10 Scorpion

Last edited by hillbillyrc; 01-09-2017 at 07:13 PM.
hillbillyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:47 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

HSP is a better hop up for pretty much everything on this rig, axial stuff needs mods and not worth it
stump1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:55 AM   #4

I will order the hsp lockers. Thanks for the advise

Last edited by RollTideRam; 01-10-2017 at 10:36 PM.
Old 01-10-2017, 01:44 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stump1 View Post
HSP is a better hop up for pretty much everything on this rig, axial stuff needs mods and not worth it
I wouldn't say not worth it, just not cheap.

I'm building a rear everest axle with ud gears and hot racing spool because I'm putting in axial lockouts and one piece rear axle shafts. Which all work together and no worries about breaking filed down red cat axle shafts. Only modifying that needs done is to file down the nubs to fit the lockouts.
hillbillyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:37 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

HSP lockers are best if you don't want to modify anything else. You can get them pretty cheap from overseas if you don't mind waiting. My stock lockers held up ok while I was waiting for mine, but it would be pretty annoying if they broke and you still had a long wait.

The axial lockers are cheaper and are available stateside, but they do require that you modify things for proper fitment.
Smokin' Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:44 PM   #7

I ordered 4 lockers and steel gears for the motors from China. About half price, but who knows how long the shipping will be.
Hopefully the two E10's will be here Friday so we can try them out. Got my fingers crossed that we will not have any problems out of the box. Went ahead and ordered some wheel spacers and some hex wrenches from Amazon. That should have us some stuff to work on the steering with. My son is already trying to get me to order tires. They will have to wait.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:03 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTideRam View Post
I ordered 4 lockers and steel gears for the motors from China. About half price, but who knows how long the shipping will be.
Hopefully the two E10's will be here Friday so we can try them out. Got my fingers crossed that we will not have any problems out of the box. Went ahead and ordered some wheel spacers and some hex wrenches from Amazon. That should have us some stuff to work on the steering with. My son is already trying to get me to order tires. They will have to wait.

its really such a great rig really...
i had no probs out of the box, where as my rs10 was a nightmare out of the box, also the everest tires arent that bad , im giving my son my rs10 now that i got the everest where i wanted to
stump1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:22 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTideRam View Post
Congrats on the trucks. I love mine. For whatever its worth, i have beat mine up pretty good for the past 2 months and haven't replaced a single part on it. No lockers, No gears, box stock. I would say to just get out and play and then when/if something breaks, then replace. As for the tires, I star cut the stock foams in them, (there are diy's for this, super easy) and cut every other row off the stock tires and its night and day difference. I would suggest sitting down with some snippers and mod the stockers for free and then see. No need to dump money into something that your just gonna trail around the back yard with. I will most likely replace the tires as well but like i said, had it for 2 months now, in the New Jersey cold and haven't broken or felt the NEED to replace anything yet. Good luck, and more importantly, have fun with your boy!
MikeTheDiabetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 01:56 AM   #10

My trucks arrived a day early, but I didn't know it until I was leaving for work (night shift). At least my son got to do some crawling in the living room before he went to bed. I know there will be a fight to get him to get ready for school when I get home.
Is it worth it to swap battery ends and move up to a better charger? I'm not even sure what ends the batteries have stock. I got a better charger for his Traxxas batteries already. Not sure if this is a cheaper hobby than shooting.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:14 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

The truck comes with banana plugs. I know some people switch them out, but i dont see the need. I would say i have about 10 full charges and discharges on my stock battery and charger with zero issues. I have found that it takes about an hour to an hour and a half to charge them up. Then i get about 30-45 min of crawling time. The truck is pretty solid out of the box. My only recommendations would be trimming the tires and foams, and maybe add 4 wheel steering which is super easy on this truck.
MikeTheDiabetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 10:00 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

The stock battery connectors are fine if you plan to stick with the stock battery. I wouldn't bother with a new charger just to charge the stock batteries unless it was also capable of charging other battery technologies (lipo). That way you will be part way there if/when you decide to upgrade to a better battery technology.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:13 PM   #13

These trucks are fun. Driveshaft was loose on tranny end on one truck. Hard area to get to. I may just get a couple extra batteries and see how it goes from there. Thanks for all advice and I'm sure I'll be back with more questions soon
Old 01-16-2017, 12:36 PM   #14

Well my truck has been 3 wheel drive since the first afternoon but we have still been having fun. I set up a short course with some rocks and firewood logs and it is a challenge to stay on it for us.
While waiting on parts, got some more questions. Is the consensus to outboard shocks on front and back? What size are the small hex nuts and the hex nuts on the wheel? I ended up getting some blue locktite for the set screw on my sons rear driveshaft. It fell out in the leaves and was hard to find. Also had to get more body clips, lost a few of those too.
Old 01-17-2017, 07:35 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

I'd outboard the shocks as long as it doesn't cause them to rub at full steering lock.

Parts for E10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free e10 avanord Redcat Crawlers 18 12-13-2016 09:59 AM
Basher E10 hillbillyrc Redcat Crawlers 17 12-06-2016 06:56 AM
e10 Greger Non Crawler RC's 3 04-14-2013 03:20 PM
e10 question cameraman Non Crawler RC's 9 01-31-2012 05:09 AM