RCC Addict

Default Re: Redcat Racing Everest Gen7 1/10th scale 1.9

Tower now says "early October". :(
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2017, 03:20 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Was debating on waiting for these to release instead of getting my E10 several weeks ago. Glad I didn't now, who knows when they will finally drop. I may pick one up though. Looks like lots of parts for the E10 / RS10 to use as well.
number9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 02:57 AM   #23
RCC Addict

According to their FaceBook page, pre-orders are shipping out today!
Old 09-29-2017, 05:50 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by StomperCrawler View Post
According to their FaceBook page, pre-orders are shipping out today!
I saw that! I pre-ordered from A Main, so I have a feeling that I'm going to have to wait for A Main to get it, then re-ship it to me. Maybe I'll luck out and the retailers' trucks will drop ship direct from Redcat. I'm leaving for vacation on Thursday morning, and it's starting to look certain that the truck won't make it here in time. :(
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:49 AM   #25

AMain shipped my Sport yesterday. Should be here next Wednesday.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:18 AM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
AMain shipped my Sport yesterday. Should be here next Wednesday.
Will there be anywhere to crawl on vacation?
Old 10-06-2017, 01:19 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

I got mine today
heminutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:24 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by StomperCrawler View Post
Will there be anywhere to crawl on vacation?
Yeah, I'm in a state park in NY. It's got lots of great spots. There's actually a great rock drain right in our site. I'll be posting pics in my Bomber thread soon.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:18 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by heminutt View Post
I got mine today
I got mine too. the front upper links were longer and mounted in-line with the lowers, leaving no vertical separation. I used a set of Venom creeper uppers to mount them the same way they are shown in the first pictures that were released.

I didn't like that part, but I do like the tires. the foams are a little stiff out of the box, but the rubber compound on the tires is nice.
makya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 11:14 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

I posted this on a FB group and thought I'd share it here too:

The RedCat Gen 7:
I bought the new Gen7 pro version this past week from a local dealer. My son and I took it to Crawl 4 the Cure up in the mountains yesterday, tried it out and I thought I'd share some thoughts in here on it.

a little bit of my background: I got into R/C's in 1985. I raced for many years in the 80's and 90's and got into crawlers around 2012. I've built and worked on fullsize comp crawlers and carried over a lot of that knowledge into r/c crawling and building.

The Rig:
The Gen7 is not groundbreaking. centrally mounted motor and transmission, axle mounted servo, about average steering. If you're expecting something unique or high performance, this isn't the rig for you, out of the box.

Having said that, I was impressed with this truck. At a $300 price point RTR, I really expected the older style Exceed/Redcat/Maverick quality build and plastics, but the plastics are very flexible where they need to be, especially for beginners or lower level hobbyists that aren't into rebuilding their rig all the time. frame rails are the same width as axial, so all the aftermarket bumpers fit (I checked with Donnie from Bentmetal, and it all crosses over. He told me 70mm width).

The truck is top heavy due to the body and accessories that come on the pro, but less so than the Traxxas from what I saw running our gen7 on the same obstacles as the TRX-4. The BPC chassis balances the rig out well and the forward/mid mount battery helps that out a lot. the tilt up body is convenient, but we pulled the velcro loose that holds the front of the body several times while hitting obstacles.

The aluminum threaded shocks worked very well, They're a little stiff for harder trail runs like we took it on, but with the weight of the body and accessories they needed to be. There's not a lot of travel, but it has a high breakover angle that makes up for it.

The tires worked really well, especially for an RTR. The foams, not so much. by the end of the 200 gates we hit with our Gen7, the foams had broken down so much that one of the rears had twisted inside the tire, and it barely felt like there was anything in there.

Nothing broke. we rolled about 30 feet down some rocks, submerged it, bound up the axles with full throttle and no slipper, and the CVD's held up.

What would I change? The front links had no vertical separation between upper and lower mounts on the chassis, so I changed them to uppers that were 80% of the lowers and mounted them up higher. I'm going to keep the stock swampers for now, but run Pro-Line 2stage foams. The electroncs tray is above the transmission, so it will get moved lower and further back on the chassis. It will also get a chassis mounted servo. I'm also going to end up changing the body and bumpers to something that isn't going to hang up so much.

Overall, for first timers, or guys that want something different, I'd have no problem suggesting this to someone, especially since so much of the axial/vanquish aftermarket crosses over, and I spoke with Bruce who said BPC will be supporting this platform with aftermarket parts, starting with stainless lock rings next month.
makya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 05:27 AM   #31

thanks for your informative in depth review
Kartooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:05 AM   #32
Pebble Pounder

Very nice review. Thanks!
TIME MACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:02 PM   #33
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by makya View Post
What would I change? The front links had no vertical separation between upper and lower mounts on the chassis, so I changed them to uppers that were 80% of the lowers and mounted them up higher. I'm going to keep the stock swampers for now, but run Pro-Line 2stage foams. The electroncs tray is above the transmission, so it will get moved lower and further back on the chassis. It will also get a chassis mounted servo. I'm also going to end up changing the body and bumpers to something that isn't going to hang up so much.
Please do a rebuild thread! Most people who buy these will be n00bz who will need all the help they can get. ;)
Old 10-27-2017, 03:29 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Does anybody know how many turns (or the kv rating) the Gen7's "RC550-8517" motor is? I know the Blackout (and others) use a 19t 550, but the gen7 motor has its own part number. Just trying to find how it compares to a Titan 21t, they're all disposable Chinese motors, so if the rpm is comparable I'll just buy the Redcat motor.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:17 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by makya View Post
What would I change? The front links had no vertical separation between upper and lower mounts on the chassis, so I changed them to uppers that were 80% of the lowers and mounted them up higher.
So you gave it more anti-squat in the front, which will tip it over on steep inclines ?
The way it is fixed in stock form gives it squat in the front and anti-squat in the rear, which lifts the rear and lowers the front on inclines, giving you an advantage. At least in the places i run i need it !
daver18qc is offline   Reply With Quote

Redcat Racing Everest Gen7 1/10th scale 1.9 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Redcat Racing Everest 10 - RC Crawl at Cap Sante Park, WA johnnyluv Videos! 0 01-24-2017 09:15 AM
Redcat Racing Everest 10? JCraven_94 Newbie General 4 12-27-2015 06:01 PM
New redcat racing Everest-10 terrywolfpack General Crawlers 7 11-15-2015 08:40 AM