Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

View Poll Results: Change the name to "Redcat Crawlers"?
Yes 23 82.14%
No 3 10.71%
Other name (please specify) 2 7.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Redcat forum section name change

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2017, 11:38 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Redcat forum section name change

With all of the different Redcat crawler models (RS10, Everest 10, Gen7, etc), I would like to propose that the name of this section be changed from "Redcat RS10" to "Redcat Crawlers" (like the existing "Gmade Crawlers" and "Kyosho Crawlers" sections) to make it easier for RCCrawler.com n00bz to find it. I've seen a number of requests in the "Newbie General" section (and other less-appropriate places) asking where to find non-RS10 Redcat discussion.

Update: Thank you mods & admin for making the change!

Last edited by StomperCrawler; 12-21-2017 at 08:35 PM.
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2017, 09:02 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Redcat forum section name change

I agree i also think there should be a crawler clone section i dont think this site realy wants to promote the cheap clones though
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:54 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I think RCC probably wants to include whatever's popular. Right now, the Redcat Gen7 seems to be getting some attention because it's new and cheap.

Regarding "clones", I'm not aware of any patents on RC vehicles, so if companies like Redcat, Exceed, HSP, HG, and RGT want to compete with Axial, Tamiya, RC4WD, Traxxas, etc to drive prices down in the market, I think it's great. Lower prices mean more hobbyists to run with. Some may argue that this will damage the bigger companies and starve innovation. My contention is that for the most part, innovation is either dead or else way too slow, and has been for decades, so the big companies need some motivation to do things differently. If they want to protect their designs, they need to apply for patents; that's how US law will protect their R&D investments.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:46 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I love my redcats there almost indistructable but they are just clones i realy like my exceed crawlers to but just clones but there entry leval rigs and definitly have there place the gen7 is realy cool but still basicly a clone pattens only last so long wnd if there not changed and repattented they exspire and any one can use the design and if the clone has one part that is different than its not considered a copy and isent covered under the original pattent thats how china gets away with selling us all there crapola
Old 11-13-2017, 09:18 AM   #5

I think it would make more sense to create a Redcat Gen7 forum in the scaler area. The Gen7 is more scaler than crawler, and I think its popularity warrants its own forum. My understanding is that this thing is selling like crazy out there in the real world, and it's only a matter of time until buyers start showing up here... if it has its own forum.

All that aside, it probably still makes sense to change the name of this forum to something more generic. From what I can see, the Everest 10 threads outnumber the RS10 threads anyway.

Last edited by Jim85IROC; 11-13-2017 at 09:21 AM.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:29 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
I think it would make more sense to create a Redcat Gen7 forum in the scaler area. The Gen7 is more scaler than crawler, and I think its popularity warrants its own forum. My understanding is that this thing is selling like crazy out there in the real world, and it's only a matter of time until buyers start showing up here... if it has its own forum.

All that aside, it probably still makes sense to change the name of this forum to something more generic. From what I can see, the Everest 10 threads outnumber the RS10 threads anyway.
True, if this site wanted to be consistent the Gen7 would have a forum in the scaler area. That being said, there is some advantage to having the Everest 10 and Gen 7 in the same forum as they share a lot of parts.
Smokin' Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:13 AM   #7
RCC Addict

I'm not sure why, but it feels like a lot to ask the mods to change the name of this particular forum section. For that reason, I don't want to "push my luck" by requesting the creation of a completely separate section for the Gen7s.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:45 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Just noticed the name change and want to say thanks as IMHO it more closely identifies with the Redcat product line. Well done!
nightcrawler48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:46 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

I vote other, only cause they look like scalers to me...
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 04:33 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

Lightbulb Re: Redcat forum section name change

What about...

"Redcat Crawlers and Scalers"

Yes the Gen7 is def an 'almost scaler' but the part sharing/compatibility between the Gen7 and the E10 is significant. I think it'd be handy to have the Redcat products in the same forum. Plus many like myself (hopefully) will have one of each in our hobby garages and it's nice to have them together.

Everybody's happy maybe then?
Everest10Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 05:37 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

I love it, better than P...peanut butter, ya that’s what I meant.
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 08:51 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Right on the redcats have there own section
Old 12-24-2017, 07:31 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Thank you for this effort. Back in Aug, I was a newbie to RC and a new E10 owner, and it was very confusing when looking for info and I didn’t even know what an RS10 was.
number9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Redcat forum section name change - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
motor change on Redcat Sumo Crawler sethstiles Micro Scale Rigs 4 07-04-2017 11:25 AM
Redcat Everest 10 section under Brand Specific subforum? the_law_man01 Comments, Suggestions, and Help 0 08-16-2016 08:42 AM
Redcat Everest 10 Section UberJeep Comments, Suggestions, and Help 11 03-17-2016 10:54 AM
Need new section for forum willyrocket Comments, Suggestions, and Help 4 09-18-2004 10:15 AM