Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > RPP Hobby

Notices

Thread: Stage 3 Racing Dig Unit Up Close

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 11:14 PM   #21

How wide is the dig/tranny/motor assembly?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2009, 01:58 AM   #22
Pebble Pounder

I would say carry it.

Give your customers options.

It looks like a really good unit. What kind of pricing would we be looking at?
Old 02-09-2009, 02:58 PM   #23
RCC Addict

our ALL steel internal will be complete by the end of this week.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:45 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Nice design concept, that is why I applied for a patent on it. I have been in contact with S3R about this from the beginning and have yet to hear from them again.

Patent Title:
"Bolt on fully enclosed dig unit for AX-10 transmission with drive, freewheel, and dig"

Application number:
"US 61/112,271"

Confirmation number:
"4716"

I totally understand wanting more options, but those options need to fit within proper business ethics. I spent hundreds of hours designing my unit and putting it through the patent process. I'm not the only one who has been dealt with improperly by S3R either. Bring on the options, but I would be careful of what type of businesses I backed. No different than Traxxas is finding with their new Summit, disengage units are prone to wear and issues. We have done our best to make sure everyone is taken care of and have also been working hard to make improvements that will be available long term to the end consumer. If you have ever had an issue where you covered a mistake out of pocket, please let us know as we prefer cover it on our end.

Sorry for post whoring, you know I love you Corey, but I have to stick to my guns against people who go to dishonest measures to make a buck (referring to S3R, not you good buddy).

Don Eidson
DNA R/C Products

Last edited by billet works; 02-09-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:05 PM   #25
RC Axle Master

Don,

I have a question what makes you DIG any different then say the CKRC/RC4WD dig that makes it patent worthy. I feel if your going to threaten S3R you should be going after the others. Their designs may look a little different but how they work is the same.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:14 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by billet works View Post
Nice design concept, that is why I applied for a patent on it. I have been in contact with S3R about this from the beginning and have yet to hear from them again.

Patent Title:
"Bolt on fully enclosed dig unit for AX-10 transmission with drive, freewheel, and dig"

Application number:
"US 61/112,271"

Confirmation number:
"4716"

I totally understand wanting more options, but those options need to fit within proper business ethics. I spent hundreds of hours designing my unit and putting it through the patent process. I'm not the only one who has been dealt with improperly by S3R either. Bring on the options, but I would be careful of what type of businesses I backed. No different than Traxxas is finding with their new Summit, disengage units are prone to wear and issues. We have done our best to make sure everyone is taken care of and have also been working hard to make improvements that will be available long term to the end consumer. If you have ever had an issue where you covered a mistake out of pocket, please let us know as we prefer cover it on our end.

Sorry for post whoring, you know I love you Corey, but I have to stick to my guns against people who go to dishonest measures to make a buck (referring to S3R, not you good buddy).

Don Eidson
DNA R/C Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsHandleit View Post
Don,

I have a question what makes you DIG any different then say the CKRC/RC4WD dig that makes it patent worthy. I feel if your going to threaten S3R you should be going after the others. Their designs may look a little different but how they work is the same.
The idea of the design. RC4WD dig is a hole trans. CKRC is also a different design. With this (SR3) you can clearly see the copy.
Also it is not a threat but a notification of a patent issue. This was brought up last time.

We dont want to muddy RPP's thread so this will be delt with off the board.

Sorry Corey.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:29 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Patent Title:

Application number:
"US 61/112,271"

Confirmation number:
"4716"

Don Eidson
DNA R/C Products
Thanks Don, No need for the apology. You guys have been great and I stand by the fact that you guys have always been there to stand behind the product. Never left me hanging. The unfortunate thing is, there is time spent in dealing with these issues when they come up, and time is not something I have alot of. I have been spread pretty thin. 15 minutes I may have to spend on the phone for a defective product is 15 minutes I could have spent working on something else productive.

I am hoping with you guys adding the steel internals to these this will help eleviate the issues at hand. I know guys mean well and are trying to provide us with the best you can.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:58 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Patent Title:

Application number:
"US 61/112,271"

Confirmation number:
"4716"
But is this a design or utility patent?

I do believe Stage 3 Racing had some ownership changes...they might not be aware of the old issues.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:51 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

It is an AWSOME dig unit...

Cory you should carry them..
i dont think you will be on the phone taking care of problems with this dig unit, NOWHERE near as much
it goes together flawless and works..
Old 02-10-2009, 09:44 PM   #30
RC Axle Master

I take it you have one?
Old 02-11-2009, 07:50 AM   #31
I wanna be Dave

that would be a YES..

Quote:
I take it you have one?
Old 02-12-2009, 10:31 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Stage 3 Racing did change ownership, and the guy that started all this mess (Emery) is no longer with them.

And "YES" i would sell them, there an awesome unit.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:36 AM   #33
I wanna be Dave

This will be the next addition to the DIG and I am speechless! Amazing work!

I hope to tear my truck down and add this to mine early next week. Ill post pics ASAP

Old 02-28-2009, 02:31 PM   #34
RC Axle Master

Will we be able to purchase just the front if we already have the dig unit?
Old 02-28-2009, 02:40 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Will we be able to purchase just the front if we already have the dig unit?

Yes
Old 02-28-2009, 02:59 PM   #36
RC Axle Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpp Hobby View Post
Yes
I want one when will you have them.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:01 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I want one when will you have them.
I am not sure how long. I will post here when I do have them.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:08 PM   #38
RC Axle Master

Quote:
I am not sure how long. I will post here when I do have them.
That is a great enhancement to an already great unit. I wish I had one a long time ago.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:49 PM   #39
RCC Addict

I have one of the original S3R digs. It's so smooth that I use a full size Hitec servo............the $13 one.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:51 PM   #40
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
My issue is I have had many customers that have had problems with their digs.

DNA is always their to send out replacement parts when something is defective or wrong.

Unfortuanlty these downfalls are a reflection on my company as I am the one selling them to the customer.
I think it's interesting your worried about carrying a reputable companies product that they stand behind but you are not worried about how it reflects on your company when you carry S3R's blatant copied product.
Closed Thread