Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > RPP Hobby

Notices

Thread: Stage 3 Racing Dig Unit Up Close

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 04:00 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Stage 3 Racing Dig Unit Up Close

First off I would like to Thank Dave from Stage 3 Racing for sending me this unit to check out.

I want to get everyones input on this dig unit and the possibility of us carrying it.

The only issue I found so far was I wanted to put this in a SWX chassis and with the servo mount setting the servo where it is, made it to wide over all to fit between the side plates. It fits perfectly in the stock AX10 chasis. I have not ran it in my truck as of yet, I will say everything seems butter smooth by hand. I hope to get my truck finished up and give it a good run

The cogs are made from steel is the # thing like with this unit

Complete printed instructions included. Very clear with pictures.

All Parts laid out,

I have used a motor plate provided by Joe at East End Machining! Look at the quality of his work

I did forget to show this bottom shot, A key feature of the dig is the added holes for forward mounting of the entire transmission.

Comin Next

Last edited by RPP Hobby; 02-28-2009 at 11:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2009, 04:06 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

What stock parts for the AX-10 did you have to use?

What would be the cost if you were to carry it?

Shame the servo sticks so far out the back.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:14 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

You stated that the cogs are made of steel. Are the outputs shafts also steel. Looks like it will increase strenght of tranny. I like that you could service it by taking the back plate off.

Last edited by corkysk8; 02-07-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:31 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

here is the biggest concern I would have:
http://rccrawler.com/forum/showthrea...t=stage+racing
Old 02-07-2009, 05:25 PM   #5
RC Axle Master

I would vote to carry it, but you may have a problem with DNA due to you selling their products. It is a very nice unit from the pictures and hopefully does not have some of the problems the DNA has.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:34 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer4Life View Post
What stock parts for the AX-10 did you have to use?

What would be the cost if you were to carry it?

Shame the servo sticks so far out the back.
The servo actually goes to the front. I have not gotten into the costing of these yet.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:35 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkysk8 View Post
You stated that the cogs are made of steel. Are the outputs shafts also steel. Looks like it will increase strenght of tranny. I like that you could service it by taking the back plate off.
It comes with 1 steel output provided by them. Then the other side uses a stock output.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:40 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
Yes I agree
Old 02-07-2009, 07:15 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsHandleit View Post
I would vote to carry it, but you may have a problem with DNA due to you selling their products. It is a very nice unit from the pictures and hopefully does not have some of the problems the DNA has.

DNA is definatly one of my concerns. Solomon has been great to me always trying to make things right.

My issue is I have had many customers that have had problems with their digs.

DNA is always their to send out replacement parts when something is defective or wrong.

Unfortuanlty these downfalls are a reflection on my company as I am the one selling them to the customer. I am the one who takes the phone call from the upset customer with the problem, spending time to make sure they are happy and taken care of, sometimes taking back a return and refunding $

Bottom line for me is I am just trying to get my customers the best product that will not leave them having to phone or Email me with a problem. Not to say at this point Stage 3 is the answer, just looking for options.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:58 PM   #10
RCC Addict

You should make the product available.

If DNA has a problem with S3R then I am sure that they would take it up with them, and not let their feelings towards S3R effect their dealings with you. If customers feel that S3R has copied DNA or DNA makes a better product, I am certain they will not buy copied dig.

I really do not think that any of this is your battle, you should just offer as many choices as possible to your customer.

Also, thank you for the excellent service you provide.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:12 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by renoirbud View Post

If DNA has a problem with S3R then I am sure that they would take it up with them, and not let their feelings towards S3R effect their dealings with you. If customers feel that S3R has copied DNA or DNA makes a better product, I am certain they will not buy copied dig.

I really do not think that any of this is your battle, you should just offer as many choices as possible to your customer.

X2
Old 02-07-2009, 09:03 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rctrav27 View Post
X2
Thank you both
Old 02-07-2009, 10:52 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Carry it. I will pick one up.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:42 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Looks like a better unit than the DNA
Old 02-08-2009, 12:29 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

I can see where S3R has copied some of DNA's design, but I can also see where they have improved upon the design. Steel internals are a step in the right direction, having 5 lugs engaging instead of 4 means quicker engagemnet.

There are more individual parts, which could mean easier replacement of worn pieces, but it could also mean more possibilties of badly machined parts not fitting together.

I say get in a few, and send them to the guys who typically destroy stuff because they are aggresive and they play hard. See how well the parts hold up before the paying masses become the test bed for the unit.

Last edited by BigSki; 02-09-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:29 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

It's a nice lookin' unit no question, but i'm sure the DNA's new "customer demanded" HD upgrades will solve most of the issues,also with the new adjustable servo brk. on the way,they should still be your best selling dig.
I do agree there is always room for competition but not at the cost of ripping off others idea's...then again how long do we wait for kinks and bugs to be worked out when another can see the issues and takes care of them in a 'redesigned' idea.It's all part of business in this world,legal or not.If ya got room on your shelf and the price is right give em a try but lets get some into hardcore testing before we flood the place with more problems.
I'll be happy as hell when my DNA is back together by ther way..
Old 02-08-2009, 06:54 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
you should make the product available.

If dna has a problem with s3r then i am sure that they would take it up with them, and not let their feelings towards s3r effect their dealings with you. If customers feel that s3r has copied dna or dna makes a better product, i am certain they will not buy copied dig.

x3.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:10 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Would love to try one. Being Rpp is willing to try them. I would like to do a comparison between the two. All politics aside the S3 is a good looking unit.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:11 PM   #19
tjb
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
Likewise....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpp Hobby View Post
Bottom line for me is I am just trying to get my customers the best product that will not leave them having to phone or Email me with a problem. Not to say at this point Stage 3 is the answer, just looking for options.
This should be the key reason, options are just what they are OPTIONS. Corey you have a top notch store and rep on here. For one it's a class act to ask first. Sell it, just because you offer it, does not require everyone on here to purchase that unit.
The one's who have a problem, or don't understand what options are will avoid it, others will buy. Simple as that...
Old 02-08-2009, 09:48 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I agree. It looks like a very nice product.
Closed Thread