Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > RPP Hobby

Notices

Thread: RPPHOBBY.COM- Post public questions,suggestions, or feedback here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2020, 01:00 PM   #3401
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RPPHOBBY.COM- Post public questions,suggestions, or feedback here

It was sent Express mail, and it's been more than 10 business days. The USPS has already said that they can't locate the package. Continuing to make me wait for a refund at this point is piss-poor customer service.

I also neglected to mention that they completely stopped replying to my emails over a week ago.

Last edited by GA Dawg; 06-17-2020 at 01:03 PM.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2020, 02:37 PM   #3402
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Dawg View Post
It was sent Express mail, and it's been more than 10 business days. The USPS has already said that they can't locate the package. Continuing to make me wait for a refund at this point is piss-poor customer service.

I also neglected to mention that they completely stopped replying to my emails over a week ago.

Read the policy. RPP didn’t loose it, this is non stop..... I can’t imagine how nice you were to rpp...

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 03:53 PM   #3403
Rock Crawler

Saying that it's the policy doesn't make it right and I have treated them way better than they treated me. They didn't even open a case with USPS over the lost package, I did. Now that the USPS has admitted to me that they don't know where it is I shouldn't have to wait for RPP to do the right thing. At this point, there is no reason for them not to refund me or ship out a replacement. There's also no excuse for not replying to a single email for over a week.
Old 06-17-2020, 05:23 PM   #3404
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Saying that it's the policy doesn't make it right and I have treated them way better than they treated me. They didn't even open a case with USPS over the lost package, I did. Now that the USPS has admitted to me that they don't know where it is I shouldn't have to wait for RPP to do the right thing. At this point, there is no reason for them not to refund me or ship out a replacement. There's also no excuse for not replying to a single email for over a week.
Sounds familiar...although, in my case, the problem was with PayPal. I was scammed by a merchant, and PayPal refused to honor their "Buyer Guarantee"...even after it had been proven the merchant scammed me. I HIGHLY recommend doing with your bank. That's what I did, and that's how I got my money back. The bank is ALWAYS your best best when it comes to protecting your financial interest. PayPal wouldn't do it for me, it's looking like RPP won't do it for you...but, the bank WILL.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 06:31 PM   #3405

Quote:
You're barking up the wrong tree! Go to your local post office and get into them. RPP employees are awesome. I go to the store and purchase items from time to time. I bought a MINI Z for my daughter. The person asked how my daughter liked the MINI Z by her name. So stoked on how personal they are.

I don't believe your story for a minute. I hope you can lighten up. There are bigger problems ATM.
mtbmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 06:42 PM   #3406
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbmonkey View Post
You're barking up the wrong tree! Go to your local post office and get into them. RPP employees are awesome. I go to the store and purchase items from time to time. I bought a MINI Z for my daughter. The person asked how my daughter liked the MINI Z by her name. So stoked on how personal they are.

I don't believe your story for a minute. I hope you can lighten up. There are bigger problems ATM.
The post office won't do anything for me besides confirm that they can't locate the package since I am not the shipper. RPP is the shipper and they are the ones that should be going after the post office, not me. RPP doesn't give a shit that I didn't get it because they already got paid, and any extra work on their part now just seems to be too much to handle.
Old 06-21-2020, 07:49 AM   #3407
I wanna be Dave

i recently had a packadge go missing it was a in between transfer from one stop to another it got stuck for 15 days on what normaly takes 1 day i opened a case they couldent find it 2 days later it showed up but i never recived a delivery notice it still says its in transite even 2 weeks after it was delivered

the usps isent working at full speed right now ive seen alot of new people who are qlue less as to what or how to do what there doing

i just ordered from rpp last night ill see how they do for shipping
my order last month it took 3 days to ship but once it did it was fast

my only issue with rpp is there website uses stupid bizlate to track customers so i buy from there ebay store
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 09:59 AM   #3408
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
i recently had a packadge go missing it was a in between transfer from one stop to another it got stuck for 15 days on what normaly takes 1 day i opened a case they couldent find it 2 days later it showed up but i never recived a delivery notice it still says its in transite even 2 weeks after it was delivered

the usps isent working at full speed right now ive seen alot of new people who are qlue less as to what or how to do what there doing
I've had this exact same thing happen NUMEROUS times...it has nothing to do with "right now", nor does it have anything to do with COVID-19. I've had packages listed by the USPS as "delivered" that never showed up, I've had packages listed as "out for delivery" that have actually been delivered 2-3 days later, I've had (SEVERAL times) packages that were delivered where the carrier delivered them to other neighbors, I've had packages delivered that were actually for my neighbors, and so forth.

I'm not exactly sure as to what happened, or when, exactly, things like this started happening...to the best of my recollection, it was approximately 3-5 years ago (read into that any way you like)...but, I do know that these types of problems HAVE gotten progressively worse over that past two years. I also know that several of my neighbors (myself, included) have filled numerous complaints with the local Post Office. as well as the regional Postal Service Consumer Affairs office, and NOTHING had been corrected. It's almost as if they could care less. The best I can tell, as long as they deliver mail & packages to "someone's" address, that's 'good enough' for them. There's an old saying about being "good enough for government work", and, right now, the USPS is 'living up to' that saying.

Just in the past two months, I can confirm that I've had 5 packages that have any combination of the above-mentioned problems. One, in particular, had a very "interesting journey", before finally getting delivered, which was also a week later than it should have been. The package departed Peoria, AZ, and headed to Las Vegas, where I was visiting family. However, instead of being delivered, it was loaded into another trick, and made its way to Denver, CO, where it sat for two days. When I called the USPS, to find out what the frak' was going on, they have no explanation. After sitting in Denver, it made its way into another truck, which had to have gone right back through Vegas, as it ended up in Los Angeles...and, again, sat for two days. Upon calling USPS again, they appeared to be even more confused than I was, as they still had no explanation as to what was going on, or why the package was "traveling the US". After sitting in L.A. for two days, it finally made its way to my parents house...yet, strangely enough, it did so without stopping their the Las Vegas Distribution Center - it went straight from L.A., to North Las Vegas - which should not be possible.

Just another example...actually, several examples...of the USPS royally screwing things up. One of the biggest problems work the USPS is that, as a department under the Executive Branch of the U.S. Government, there is NO accountability when things go awry. That's my 3-cents worth (inflation).

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 01:24 AM   #3409

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
That a bummer but that doesnt sound like typical RPP.

Have you allowed for the full delivery time/21 days? they cant do anything until after that point according to their terms and conditions.

https://www.rpphobby.com/terms.asp

Sadly it seems like RPP is kinda flailing. I thought they were rock solid, however recent order arrived Thursday from RPP, and the knuckles are messed up. Contained two identical knuckles, NOT a left and right.

The message I received in response to photos sent and a very calm note explaining that these need to be mirror, not identical, and I've received a useless product was baffling.

The response I received was "go talk to LockedupRC". No RMA, No discussion about a return, let alone a return label, nothing. Just stepping away as if they don't want to be in business any longer.

I responded Friday afternoon with a much more clear "I would like an RMA" and heard nothing back today.

I'm new here, not to forums, but I look to do business with companies supporting the industry or sport. Thought that is what I was getting into.

My order shipped fast, prices are good, then total collapse of customer service so far.
Merovean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 09:46 AM   #3410
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovean View Post
The response I received was "go talk to LockedupRC".

This is 100% normal, If you have an issue with a product you need to contact the manufacture
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 12:28 AM   #3411

Thumbs down Re: RPPHOBBY.COM- Post public questions,suggestions, or feedback here

Quote:
This is 100% normal, If you have an issue with a product you need to contact the manufacture
From Rpp you mean? Because it sure isn't a reasonable response from any retailer I've dealt with, only exception being firearms items. It's not how anyone who wants to stay in business should be treating customers full stop, and it's not how I'd ever treat a customer of mine.

It's not a thumbs up, it's complete fail. Shame too, as I find myself diving deep into RC and there are dozens of "exactly what I'm looking for" parts at RPP and instead of supporting them I'll just take my business elsewhere. No desire to support anyone who just craps on their customers like this.
Old 09-08-2020, 02:21 PM   #3412
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovean View Post
From Rpp you mean?
Yes from RPP, Amian and almost all other distributors of RC goods.

You're misplacing your anger man, like I said its pretty standard and RPP is actually a great company.
Old 09-08-2020, 03:19 PM   #3413
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yes from RPP, Amian and almost all other distributors of RC goods.

You're misplacing your anger man, like I said its pretty standard and RPP is actually a great company.

Don’t buy any Hot Racing stuff... That’s normal.

RPP shipped it out, Locked up screwed up, so blame the shipper.

Makes total nonsense to me.

RPP has always been a great vendor, and as I live entirely across country, I’m always baffled by how good their shipping dept is.

USPS is the best of the three major shippers, notably for Smaller items.

Hang up and Drive
Old 09-08-2020, 04:53 PM   #3414
Rock Crawler

Quote:
That would be like buying a pair of shoes and getting 2 left shoes in the box and the store tells you to take it up with Nike.
Old 09-08-2020, 06:30 PM   #3415

Quote:
That would be like buying a pair of shoes and getting 2 left shoes in the box and the store tells you to take it up with Nike.

Very interesting point sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J-rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 06:33 PM   #3416
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Okay, can you name a RC parts distributor that handles warranty claims who isn't also the manufacture? I've yet to run across any.
Old 09-08-2020, 06:37 PM   #3417

Quote:
Okay, can you name a RC parts distributor that handles warranty claims who isn't also the manufacture? I've yet to run across any.

Maybe is not a matter of handling the warranty, but to mediate between the end user and manufacturers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J-rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 06:46 PM   #3418
Rock Crawler

Quote:
This is basic customer service. If you sell something that isn't as advertised, you make it right. You don't keep the money and pass off your customer to someone else.
Old 09-09-2020, 04:38 AM   #3419
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Liquid RC

Hang up and Drive
Old 09-10-2020, 03:43 AM   #3420

Quote:
This is my bitch exactly, and while I'm sounding irritated, I am aware that we're talking tiny truck stuff, and I can STFU, end of day it got handled.

But, my point, my problem is exactly as stated so well by GA Dawg (minus my lil bitch tantrum). It really was just getting two left shoes, and being told TWICE "Not our Problem". Though both Left Coast shoulder shrug "Go soak your hat" emails were very polite if just outright nonsense. The "Manager" parroting the same derpy nonsense the employee had.

But I bought a VS410 Pro Kit Today, I'm giddy about that, and Rpp has a good inventory of toys for the truck, so I might try again.

Prefer to just move the hell on, cause as a new kid, I know cry-babying isn't making friends, I've stamped my feet, I still think RPP needs to focus on customer service, but now I know what to expect, so I won't be as surprised.

Thanks for the input folks.

Tags
#rpp, #rpphobby, rpp, rpp hobby, rpphobby