Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Scale Accessories

Notices

Thread: scale accesories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2009, 12:13 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default scale accesories

i need some ideas so far all i have is a sleeping bag linner and prolines scale accesories i need some ideas and how to (no keg ar ladder) stuff youd take camping or crawling
and thanks evry one who helped me with the snorkal
general lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2009, 10:35 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

what proline accessories do you have?
pardonmyn00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:25 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

all of them
Old 07-26-2009, 06:38 PM   #4
www.team3sixrc.com

You mean like this stuff?
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:58 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

ya thats bad ass man i love evry thing

oh by the way any one i foud a cool trailer ball from legos and i dont what to buy any thing unless it under 15$
Old 07-26-2009, 09:05 PM   #6
www.team3sixrc.com

Yeah I make all that stuff there but I dont have the Mini RC's anymore. If intrested just P.M. me
Old 07-26-2009, 09:47 PM   #7
www.team3sixrc.com

Private message
Old 07-27-2009, 07:13 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by general lee View Post
and i dont what to buy any thing unless it under 15$
A lack of funds can cause an increase in imagination and resourcefulness.

You need to start keeping your eyes open for raw materials. And as you see real 1:1 trucks out and about, think about things you see on them that you want to replicate and what materials will be needed that look the same in small scale. Like the intake tube/electrical cord casing thing, you have to be able to use your imagination.

The jumper cables look easy. 2 pieces of solid copper wire (tubing would be better, but harder to find) Pound them flat with a hammer in the middle leaving the ends round, and fold it in half. Solder or CA a piece of wire or silicone tubing to one side, with a piece of shrink-wrap over each end for the "handles".

Tow ropes are easy IF you can find the right diameter string. Like those in the picture, just make a loop and hold it closed with CA and shrink-wrap. Or take it one step further. Cover the end with shrink-wrap, make a loop and glue it shut with CA. Then cover the ends of the shrink-wrap loop with another piece of shrink-wrap. This makes a tougher loop that is more wear-resistant. Or I've made tow straps/tree savers whatever you want to call them out of shoestrings, dyed yellow with loops sewed in either end. The hardest thing about making them is actually finding the right size shoestring, other than that it's easy to make.

I'll let someone else explain a private message. It's not hard either...
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:54 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

ya thats what iive been doing i found a leggo that makes the perfect trailor ball
Old 07-27-2009, 11:08 AM   #10
www.team3sixrc.com

Well thats why I sell the stuff Like I do. It costs too much for one person to make one single set.
basically, to make the stuff I do, would cost about $25/30 bucks. I keep templates for all the Coke/beer/jumper cables/first aid boxes on hand the rest of the stuff is already made by me and set aside to build it. I even make bungee cords as well that can be at any length and look and act more like a real bungee than most I have seen on the web. and if you wanted to get technical, if it was possible you could actually use the jumper cables> I'll build a set later and show ya.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:42 PM   #11
www.team3sixrc.com

here ya go, this is the jumper cables.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:57 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
here ya go, this is the jumper cables.
Haha - Sweet!!!

Don't tell me your ends actually hinge, and will clamp onto stuff?
I made 2 ends like I described above, just to see how long it would take (about 20 minutes) but they don't hinge, they just look the part.

I tried to get a pic but my phone sucks for close-ups, too blurry...
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:04 PM   #13
www.team3sixrc.com

Nahh, they dont clamp. I have been making this stuff for a year now. and sell it on the bay from time to time. I just make it to make some money to fund my RC projects because I have been unemployeed since thanksgiving trying to make ends meet and whatever I make from this stuff buys me what I need from the vendors here. I also paint as well. The reason I dont just get a vendors star is because I am way too busy with paint for other people and I woulbnt be able to handle extra work, just not fair to the people here to wait for something. and I dont make enough of the scale stuff to keep it going on a regular basis either. I just make a enough to buy what I need and move on.
I just made about 10 sets of these not to long ago and sold a set to hotwheels000 as he loves having these in his builds. I think they are much cooler and more realistic looking then the plastic cell seats and I can build them to actually hold a 1/10 driver, but to each thier own, ya know?

Last edited by team3six; 07-27-2009 at 02:07 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

DUDE omfg! i got back from hobby lobby and got some scale stuff for my MRC, they have stuff from axes and shovels and soda cans (1 cm cans lol) and mini wrenches, my MRC is better than ever!
shadowrejects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:55 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

just some of the stuff I make

kuatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:13 PM   #16

Great stuff Kuatto, Team3six too. But why did u stop sellin the tiny rc clod with the 87 futaba??? That little thing lookd sweet. personally, I just made a good lookin surf rack for a tamiya surfboard i found in the sale box at the hobby shop. Its good to see people finding a creative way to put some change in there pockets, but id love to see some quick how to's or tips on making some of this stuff for ourselves, Because Imm broke too. Sorry to salt the hussle. Make more itty bitty clods and i may buy one.
NorKalKushKrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:20 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

If you sit and think about how simple stuff really is to make and then go to your local dollar store of craft store etc,you can make just about anything scale....
Working jumper cables anyone??
kuatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:46 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
Yeah I make all that stuff there but I dont have the Mini RC's anymore. If intrested just P.M. me
Damn, the one thing I really, really wanted was the mini rc, I have a mini old school buggy, but not with a remote, its more like a model
gunch is offline   Reply With Quote