Notices

Thread: Engine Sound and Lighting Unit - Prototype #1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 09:16 AM   #1
nopthebuilder

Default Engine Sound and Lighting Unit - Prototype #1

Hi Guys
Excuse me, I am new here
I just want to share my project and asking for help/info to support this project

the video link :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOdmwjvK_Z8

Background
I have Tamiya MFU and play with it, the v8 sound and vibrator are great,but too heavy and the ESC not so powerful, not flexible to me, so plan to have one unit ; simple one with optimum function
I heard that RC4WD team have good plan/prototype (?) for engine sound but I have no clue when they launch to the market??
I am thinking that we still have a room (read : time) to make our own unit.

Plan :
The box Size of electronics is about 5mm x 5mm exclude speaker box and targeted to control all standard lighting function with xenon effect on the head lamp. Since we use 2 channel and all lighting unit controlled by steering control, so no choise we need stop the RC car to turn on the light (not flexible !!! yes...except you have more channel).
Need to learn on how turn/off the lighting use steering control

Frankly , we need more time to do fine tuning and make this unit plug in to my rig , but confident will finished before end of this year ....wish me luck:-P

Prototype :
First prototype is Toyota diesel sound and plan in this unit have petrol engine sound such V8, V6 or even rotary engine (we can select).
So far I have no source, contact that have V8 engine sound recordered (mp3 or mp4).
If any body have information, please inform/pm me...or anyone here have recorded V8 engine sound , I mean recorded from real V8 engine not from Tamiya MFU or sound effect s/w ?? (format recording on mp3 or mp4 with step : engine start, idle till 5000RPM vise versa from 5000 RPM to idle with step of 500RPM, and jump from idle to 5000RPM vv frm 5000RPM to idle ).
Your comment, advise, information and help is highly appreciated

Note : sorry for my English and miss placement some words .

NOPTheBUILDER more scale more fun

Last edited by novianto; 11-20-2009 at 09:18 AM. Reason: image not work
novianto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2009, 11:03 AM   #2
I joined the Band!

Sound exciting! Ill watch this thread and see how things turn out. Sounds more like a diesel than a V8
grimgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:51 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

wow thats brill i realy hope you get it finished , how about a v8 ford engine for the f350 fans :-P
smedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:30 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I wouldn't mind the 6 cylinder sound!

I may be able to get that recording for you. Chevy Trailblazer with the 4.7 V6.
rampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:55 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

A variable sound box would be awsome . I have resently blew up my V8. But I will try to use my friends car. It also has a real good v8 sound to it. If I am able to, I will send you the mp3 format you are requesting.
70duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:47 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Where's the best place to record engine sound? From the exhaust? Or above the hood?

I'd really like the V6 sound for my H3 build. H3's have a 5-cylinder, but their exhaust note is similar to the Trailblazer's, so that'll be neat.
rampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:53 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I think you would want to be at the side of the vehicle. This way you get both the engin and exhaust sound. Also this way you wouldn't get the air moving by the recording devise. That would realy distort the sound quality.
70duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:50 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Thats A+ promising project you got there. Im sure once you have it set, youll be selling it like hotcakes.. V8 engine sound is the way to go in my opinion than disesel but still worth having.. As everybody hopes, hope this will not have the size and same price $$$ like those for drift cars.
CHRIZAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:15 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Looks promising. I am curious, is it going to be reasonably priced or not? All the other kits seem to be so very expensive.
gunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:06 AM   #10
nopthebuilder

Default V8 sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimgard View Post
Sound exciting! Ill watch this thread and see how things turn out. Sounds more like a diesel than a V8
Yes , sound from yota hilux diesel (H1L ??? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by smedo View Post
wow thats brill i realy hope you get it finished , how about a v8 ford engine for the f350 fans :-P
Yes, check the video link below

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampage View Post
I wouldn't mind the 6 cylinder sound!

I may be able to get that recording for you. Chevy Trailblazer with the 4.7 V6.
thanks for help, would be good for our sound bank here, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70duncan View Post
A variable sound box would be awsome . I have resently blew up my V8. But I will try to use my friends car. It also has a real good v8 sound to it. If I am able to, I will send you the mp3 format you are requesting.
Originally plan have a variable sound box, but now we are talking one unit one sound due to limited memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampage View Post
Where's the best place to record engine sound? From the exhaust? Or above the hood?

I'd really like the V6 sound for my H3 build. H3's have a 5-cylinder, but their exhaust note is similar to the Trailblazer's, so that'll be neat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70duncan View Post
I think you would want to be at the side of the vehicle. This way you get both the engin and exhaust sound. Also this way you wouldn't get the air moving by the recording devise. That would realy distort the sound quality.
Yup
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIZAD View Post
Thats A+ promising project you got there. Im sure once you have it set, youll be selling it like hotcakes.. V8 engine sound is the way to go in my opinion than disesel but still worth having.. As everybody hopes, hope this will not have the size and same price $$$ like those for drift cars.
Sorry I have not vendor star yet , no point to talk price here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunch View Post
Looks promising. I am curious, is it going to be reasonably priced or not? All the other kits seem to be so very expensive.
Thanks for comment, noted

Up date for now
We do some testing with different ESC and Radio...
The latest info I have..the soung&lighting module spec. are :
- one module for one sound (limited memory)
- include lighting system (Headlamp, Brake/stop, Turn L/R , reversing)
- vibration unit (optional)

one of our test video, ESC LRP Radio FM Futaba 3PK, speaker 4ohm 5 watt (ex tamiya MFU). At 0 :26...0:40 (forward, not stable sound) and 0:45...heard same problem when reversing
Targeted sound close to V8 (Tamiya MFU sound) what do you think..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zoxh6...layer_embedded
novianto is offline   Reply With Quote