Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Scale Accessories

Notices

Thread: Hilux headlight kit?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2009, 08:03 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Hilux headlight kit?

Does anyone sell a kit to make the Hilux have working head lights and tailights? Or is custom the only way to go? If so, what is everyone using?
goldmember is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2009, 10:32 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

3racing has a kit that has headlights and taillights and blinkers. its like 25$ on thetoyz.com
NSR_CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 03:00 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

tamiya sells that ridiculous $400 mfc-02, and i think you can also spend upwards of $100 for both the tlu-01 and tlu-02 if you really want to. i got a yeah racing kit for $10 that had two sets of white and one set of red 5mm led's, and then i had to drill out the buckets for the fog lights and the tail lights since i think they're meant to take 3mm led's (not to mention i had to lengthen the wires since they weren't long enough) but my lights don't take any input from the steering or esc, they're just on or off. i'll cough up the money for one of those units that respond to the steering to operate the turn signals if it can turn on my blinkers before i start to turn so that i can replicate the conscientious, courteous, and law-abiding driving that i do in my 1:1. until then, i'm sure i can come up with better ways to blow $100-400.
khj94704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 03:54 AM   #4
Who's your Daddy-0!

Go to Radio Shack. You can buy LED's for $1.25 for a pack of 2. The clear LED's you can get up to 7000mcd, 3.3V-3.6v max. You can get clear, red, amber, green, blue, yellow. You can do your lights for about $6. Just make your own!
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 12:50 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldmember View Post
Does anyone sell a kit to make the Hilux have working head lights and tailights? Or is custom the only way to go? If so, what is everyone using?

rc4wd.com has one for $45 that has everything headlights taillights brakelights and turn and reverse
derekshep is offline   Reply With Quote