Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Scale Accessories

Notices

Thread: Need tunes while you drive?....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 03:08 PM   #1

Default Need tunes while you drive?....

I know some if you have already done this, but here is my version!

Cygnett ipod speaker from Frys = $14.99.
http://www.frys.com/product/5816143?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Most of them seem to come brand new with the speakers falling inside the box due to the glue not holding, so you gotta be prepared to take them apart anyway.

They come in gloss black, and I knew I would be pulling it apart to paint it with black bedliner, so I was not worried about the loose speakers. I went ahead and hot glued them back in while it was apart.

Now, these come with a USB cable to charge the internal battery and a short cable that plugs into any headphone jack on an MP3 (2.5mm I think). So be prepared to have those wires included in your build.

I knew I wanted the box to be permanently mounted in my JK interior, so I drilled holes for the cables through the floor and ended up epoxying the box to the rear seat. I will velcro my ipod inside somewhere so I can remove it for charging/loading music.

To me they sounded better aimed upwards since they are directional. For you speaker buffs, they are 1" full ranges, and the enclosure has what amounts to a passive radiator on the backside. Sounds pretty good for what it is.

I am not 100% sure, but maybe the onboard amp could handle 2 more cell phone speakers mounted up in the front door panels, too!

It takes 4 hours to charge the speaker box battery, and it says it will play for 6 hours.

Rock on while you drive!

Last edited by ptcary; 11-30-2009 at 03:12 PM.
ptcary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2009, 09:04 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

i dont really need any tunes. but that looks pretty slick there.

great job!
RobCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:35 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I like getting next to these rides that boom chicka boom boom and then blow my diesel smoke all over thier car...and sometimes inside....

but I like the looks of it...just keep the damb volume down...not all of us like your music...
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:10 AM   #4

Thanks guys.

Well it does not get that loud, but I'll be respectful with it. Although it looks like a subwoofer box, it is just 2 full range speakers.

My daily driver is a car audio monster, but I don't abuse it at stoplights, in neighborhoods or parking lots.....only gets cranked out on the highway with the windows up, and at car shows. My neighbors don't even know about it.
ptcary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:20 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

you sir, are my favorite kind of audio enthusiast, the kind that likes his stuff and doesn't advertise it for thieves ;)

as far as the box goes, looks pretty slick, though, I think if you're aiming for scale, they're too big, since well, knowing speakerboxes, if I had one that covered the back seat's top edge, they'd be pretty HUGE speakers, and most offroaders would leave em out in interest of the weight they'd add ;)
dhyde79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:07 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcary View Post
Thanks guys.

Well it does not get that loud, but I'll be respectful with it. Although it looks like a subwoofer box, it is just 2 full range speakers.

My daily driver is a car audio monster, but I don't abuse it at stoplights, in neighborhoods or parking lots.....only gets cranked out on the highway with the windows up, and at car shows. My neighbors don't even know about it.

that is very respectful man.....

it does look like 2 12s..do you have them hooked up to a little mp3 player?
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:18 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by squatch71 View Post
that is very respectful man.....

it does look like 2 12s..do you have them hooked up to a little mp3 player?
na there more like 15s i have 3 15inch kicker pro comp cvr's and they sound awsome! but im takin em and givin them to my bro
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:06 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcary View Post
Thanks guys.

my 1:1 has 4 12" L7s powered buy 2 2500.1 kicker amps in a custom built box by yours truly so i think im gonna have to buy the blue tooth littles guys for my honcho lol
calikrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:10 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by calikrawler View Post
my 1:1 has 4 12" L7s powered buy 2 2500.1 kicker amps in a custom built box by yours truly so i think im gonna have to buy the blue tooth littles guys for my honcho lol
thatd be sweet! but in my 1:1 i run a 4000w with a giant capacitor
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:09 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

that box is awesome and very cool ideal i like it alot!
jon1197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:12 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

those look like Eclipse 15" subs! ha.
savagefromthesprings is offline   Reply With Quote