Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Scale Accessories

Notices

Thread: Scale lake toys?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 06:27 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Scale lake toys?

Anyone seen any scale lake toys such as water skis, wakeboards, or inner tubes? Probably easy enough to make but just wondering if anyone had seen any around.

Last edited by dont slow down; 02-04-2010 at 03:37 PM.
dont slow down is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2010, 06:39 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Havent seen any of that around but some guys might know a couple of websites. The water skis and wakeboard would be fairly easy with styrene. For the inner tube you could try some larger diameter heat shrink tube. Cut to size, fill with sand (or another type of filler to keep it from creasing) and glue the ends. Good luck.
hoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:54 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Ya they would be pretty easy to make, I was thinking of modifying some popsicle sticks for skis. Hmm you give me an idea though, maybe a small bike tube cut down and glued, could even blow it up. What about life jackets? Got any ideas for those? Haha
Old 02-02-2010, 07:28 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I know back in the day when i was into the teck deck stuff they use to make some wakeboards and i still have some in the closet somewhere but they were detailed like the 1/1s with bindings and fins with little screws that held them in they even made a badass little skidoo too that would look nicely scale behind a 1/10. i just checked ebay and all i found was skateboards but im pretty sure it wouldnt be that hard to find. As far as tubes that wouldnt seem to hard to build along with the ski's. hop this helps
balln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:32 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

check the dollar stores and the grocery stores in the toy sections,,they get some wierd stuff there
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:48 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I made a surfboard out of styrene. Was good for a large item scale points
tklatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:54 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I thought about the tech deck stuff too so I went and checked out Target. They had a ton of skateboards but no wakeboards. I googled it and found one but it looks goofy. A tech deck one sounds ideal. I'll have to keep an eye out and try my hand at some maybe.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:55 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

I like the surf board I searched Tech Deck Wakeboards on Ebay and found quite a few but they are expensive! They look good though, trick is gonna be to snag a cheap one.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:18 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Ill have to post up a pic of the boat I have. It was one of the Wal Mart boats that has wake bords attached to the "teather bars" over the boat. The boat its self is a bit too small, but the wake boards may appear to be ok for scale. Ill check it out tonight.
4mulaSvaliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:46 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

I picked up a tech deck wakeboard on fleabay today, 6 bucks shipped. Should look good up on the roof rack of my tow rig.

Gonna start figuring out how to do a tube next.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:24 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

hell ya dude buy a small woopycushion for a tube :-P
balln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:03 PM   #12

I have wakeboards that came on an rc boat I bought a while back. They are decent.
speedlabrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:42 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by balln View Post
hell ya dude buy a small woopycushion for a tube :-P
Hey! That's not a bad idea! I've seen the ones with foam in them that "re-inflate" themselves, that would help it keep shape, some paint, maybe a little tow rope, hmm. Definatly going to have to give it a shot.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:49 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

Seen the wakeboards on ebay as well,but they want like $24 bucks to ship,thats crazy for a 5 dollar toy.
kuatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Most of them were priced stupid high, however I found a vendor that offered free shipping and had a auction that had the Best Offer option and price set at 11.99. I offered 6 and he accepted. Not too bad really.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:50 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Michaels Arts and crafts store sells these doughnut looking things made of a foam stuff. You could spray it with rubberized coating or plastidip and you'll have a tube
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:59 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

ya bought a boat not to long ago it came with some waveboards, put'em on the back of my jeep
lil wasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 02:18 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Never got around to posting up the wakeboard once I got it, it's perfect. It came with a little handle and I snagged some small type 1 nylon line from work and made a bundle of tow line. Still looking for the right whoopie cushion to make a tube out of. A 4 1/2 inch is what I'm looking for, with the foam inside. Can't find a place to buy just one only in bulk, least ammount was like 6 of them. Can't really see buying 6, unless someone else is interrested in them? So for now I'm just keeping my eyes peeled hoping I'll run into one somewhere. Still looking for some life jackets too. Gonna have to try and make some skis soon.

Last edited by dont slow down; 02-28-2010 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:25 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

That looks awesome!! I just picked up a 4 pack of tech deck wake boards off the fleabay for $7.99, and since most of our trail runs are at lakes the board wil look SWEET on top of my truck.
chev12olet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:33 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

That's a great deal. I kinda want to build some sort of rack/tow bar on the boat but I don't know if I should since the boat is pretty fast, I'm not sure it would last. I'm still looking for the right material for a inner tube. I found some life vests on a doll house site but they looked kinda weird.