Notices

Thread: Pull-pal anchor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 07:17 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaz View Post
Thanks!

The horizontal member is brass sheet that I just folded as well as the small arms but the vertical member is made of 2 piece solid copper plate about 1/8" thick that I solder together. The hinge points are made of 3-32 brass I just hummer both end so it mushroom out like a rivet. Trick part in making it fold perfectly and unfold with 90 are the joint locations. I did it with trial and error, honestly I didnt get a perfect 90 but around 100~110 at some point its better as it give more digging angle. If you want I can measure up the distances between points so you use it for reference.
My first one was done in brass stock but thought it might not be strong enough so thats why I switched to the 1/8 steel stock,good and strong with the tests I have done,thats mine in the post just above yours after the pull test.For the 90 degree fold part,what about using a piece os square steel rod to hammer/bend it over or even a small bench vise would work
kuatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2010, 07:24 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
Did one a couple of weeks ago, only got around to painting it yesterday, hopefully get to try it out soon

Nice job,looks clean and simple.Have you tested it out yet?
Old 04-05-2010, 09:22 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuatto View Post
Here is a picture with a homemade shackle I used
Quote:
If I had a guess,looks like about 5 mm but depending on the winch hook you use it may be to small.
Thank you, I was thinking roughly the same, and I know that neither my KK or "Kenny" hooks will fit that.

I'm liking your design here...very nice and easily accomodates any hook with the shackle
CreepyCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:08 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

I painted one of the pull pals but thinking will leave them brushed steel because the paint will not stay long once you start using it and will have a hoop end not the homemade shackle I done.Now onto making a carrying bag...
Old 04-05-2010, 01:21 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I painted one of the pull pals but thinking will leave them brushed steel because the paint will not stay long once you start using it and will have a hoop end not the homemade shackle I done.Now onto making a carrying bag...
Personally, I dig the paint and it will wear and weather just like any other component would

If you're conisdering producing these though, you could leave that option up to the customer.

Nicely done.
CreepyCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 03:21 PM   #26
www.team3sixrc.com

Actually something is kinda funny about your pull pal. Not sure if you noticed this but this is a fold away system right.

So acording to physics, your design has a flaw
When you pull on it from the top shaft, the shaft will pull the dig backwards to a point where it wont stay in a dig position and have a larger chance of slipping. as to where if you were to link both shafts together, the chances of it staying in the pull position locked would be better. Am I making sense? here is what I see from the design.

team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:56 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

I see what your saying,but in the picture the painted one rear link bar should be straighter and locks its self in,I just didnt tighten everything down before taking the pic.I dodnt know if you can see it in this pic,but its a lot straighter and when tested,it held its ground very well,wish had a video
Old 04-05-2010, 05:16 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Her it is laying on its side showing the top view and the top long bar and bottom brace bar are overtop of each other so there is no slipping once pulling forced is used
Old 04-05-2010, 06:51 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

I like the red paint and shackle alot that's the way I would want it if I got one and I do want one lol hint hint "tent" thanks
intimadationrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:23 PM   #30
Rock Stacker

Quote:
My first one was done in brass stock but thought it might not be strong enough so thats why I switched to the 1/8 steel stock,good and strong with the tests I have done,thats mine in the post just above yours after the pull test.For the 90 degree fold part,what about using a piece os square steel rod to hammer/bend it over or even a small bench vise would work
Oh my bad i just realize that. I actually made it the way it is for a more scale look and function. For the 90 part I only use copper plate because thats what material I had good enough for the job at the time of the build. But its sure is strong enough for the trucks weight and 3racing winch pulling capacity. I only hate brass as paint scrape off easily on it
elaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:03 AM   #31
Rock Crawler

The paint comes off the steel as well.I'm not putting yours down,I think it looks great,I just never tested mine while in brass form.Give yours a go and see how it holds up,you may be surprised,because its not like your pulling a full sized truck...
Old 04-06-2010, 04:25 AM   #32
Rock Stacker

I agree, unless we can get a scale soil. I tried it at the backyard with a hard pack soil and it does not dig in unless I press on on it. But it still does provide extra help + fun factor
elaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 01:31 PM   #33
www.team3sixrc.com

well I had mine ordered about a week ago and didnt read the whole thread on it. The guy who makes these is out of town on a family memorial. Someone in the family passed away. So because he is out of town until next week. all orders already placed, he is sending me 2 of them for the price of one. Now thats a stand up guy.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:37 PM   #34
Built, not bought

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
well I had mine ordered about a week ago and didnt read the whole thread on it. The guy who makes these is out of town on a family memorial. Someone in the family passed away. So because he is out of town until next week. all orders already placed, he is sending me 2 of them for the price of one. Now thats a stand up guy.

You got the same e-mail?
62PYRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:37 AM   #35
Rock Crawler

Here is a picture with the bag that I done for mine.It will carry it when folded up,has a velcro closure end
Old 04-12-2010, 12:25 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Kuatto, I think you should get a blue star so you can start selling these... The ebay seller I posted up has already sold bout 30 of his anchors since I posted up the link on here, and I see he's on his 3rd batch for sale...From the profit you'd be making, the RCC sellers fee doesn't look to high..

BTW nice work on your pullpal.

Quote:
Here is a picture with the bag that I done for mine.It will carry it when folded up,has a velcro closure end
zumzum5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:31 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumzum5150 View Post
Kuatto, I think you should get a blue star so you can start selling these... The ebay seller I posted up has already sold bout 30 of his anchors since I posted up the link on here, and I see he's on his 3rd batch for sale...From the profit you'd be making, the RCC sellers fee doesn't look to high..

BTW nice work on your pullpal.
X2
Krawler Konceptz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:31 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
I didn't get that email.
blue devil toyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:30 PM   #39
Pebble Pounder

be patient,Got mine today (email)
Redwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:50 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Yep got it this afternoon
blue devil toyota is offline   Reply With Quote