Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Scale Accessories

Notices

Thread: Pull-pal anchor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 12:10 PM   #81
Pebble Pounder

I very seriously doubt this guy shipped anyone's orders on May 1st. That's when I got my "tracking number" () too, and since I also live in CO, it should have taken only one day to get here. ONE DAY! I've been trying to give this seller the benefit of the doubt, but now I know I'm being lied to.

Not okay
SLODRIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2010, 02:03 PM   #82
Pebble Pounder

Saaaay...Look what I just got in the mail about five minutes ago...

They still smell like (very) fresh paint...but they're here! All I had to do was make my own and they showed up the next day. Anyone wanna buy a pull-pal?
Old 05-07-2010, 04:10 PM   #83
Rock Crawler

Too funny,its like just when you think all is lost,they show up.What is the thickness of the rod used?
kuatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:18 PM   #84
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuatto View Post
Too funny,its like just when you think all is lost,they show up.What is the thickness of the rod used?
I know, right? They're 1/8" solid rod with a 1/16" reinforcing bar. They should be plenty strong and functional, FWIW.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:29 PM   #85
Rock Crawler

Mine is 1/8 square steel rod and is nice and strong,but have been asked about the scale of it because the real pull pal is a couple inches around,but I think they look scale
and have yet to break it under normal use.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:34 PM   #86
Rock Crawler

Think I will be buying a vendor's star the end of the month,I think I will have no problem paying for it once I start sales
Old 05-07-2010, 07:02 PM   #87
Rock Stacker

For those who have gotten a track #!! Doe's it look like this 9101785***********2679 ? got this today from " hellbent4dirt " , but of course it goe's nowhere!
strykerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:08 PM   #88
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLODRIVE View Post

They still smell like (very) fresh paint...but they're here! All I had to do was make my own and they showed up the next day. Anyone wanna buy a pull-pal?
Did you make those? or did he ship those?
Old 05-07-2010, 07:12 PM   #89
www.team3sixrc.com

well Im glad someone got theirs. I just filed a claim on paypal.
Something about living in Montana not too far away from Colorado leaves a bad taste in my mouth when it takes 7 days to ship something and no info on USPS to back it up. especially since I ordered shocks from new York Monday and got them first class mail in 3 days.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:14 PM   #90
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerjoe View Post
Did you make those? or did he ship those?
Old 05-07-2010, 07:44 PM   #91
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Just checking, I could see the shipping bag in the background! Glad to see that somebody has gotten one. How long did it take?

Just got info from paypal that "Elvis has left the building & is on its way!" I'll be watching and waiting!

I just ordered one from " Kuatto ", I wonder who's will show up!

Last edited by strykerjoe; 05-08-2010 at 02:37 AM. Reason: update
Old 05-08-2010, 09:04 AM   #92
Rock Stacker

Quote:

SLODRIVE,

Out of curiosity, what is the postmark date? Just want to know when they were mailed. When I emailed him last week, he stated mine were second in line and would go out this weekend. I am currently at 35 days and holding. Still playing it by ear here playing the waiting game.

UPDATE: Just checked my email and got a tracking number this morning. USPS website says sent first class mail with Delivery Confirmation.

Last edited by GP40X; 05-08-2010 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Got email notification it shipped
GP40X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:02 AM   #93
Pebble Pounder

I ordered my anchor on April 7th and got it yesterday. Unfortunately, there's no postmark on the envelope, so I can't tell you all when it was actually mailed. His pre-printed shipping label is dated May 1st, which I know is meaningless.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:21 AM   #94
MODERATOR™

He posted this last night, but it was stuck in our spam filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutus1 View Post
Hey you guys,
I know a lot of you are thinking WTF? I just want to let you know what's goin on. When I was out of town, people were ordering these from me and not reading the part about shipping. As an act of good faith, I decided to ad a free anchor to EVERY order that was placed during that time. Because some stupid asses can't read, they were causing me problems on ebay. Now, adding one anchor to each order for FREE may not seem like much to you. BUT, when it comes to dozens of orders that I have to make an extra anchor for and send for free, this takes a toll. This act of good faith has turned on me and bit me in te ass! It takes time to make this many of these by hand you know? I have a regular job too, and spend late nights after work out in my garage making these and getting them out to you as quick as I can without sacrificing the quality of work. I do appreciate your business and apologize again for the wait. I will be completely caught up and have everyones orders out tomorrow (saturday). I hope you all understand what I've been up against now, and why this is taking so long. Usually I have them stock piled and ship right away, but this free crap to ease idiots has really screwed me. I am bustin ass today to get everyone's stuff out that hasn't gone out already. I don't know what else I can do to make this up to you guys... but I will think of something! Thanks.
A page back has his post up now.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:28 PM   #95
Built, not bought

Quote:
Hey you guys,
I know a lot of you are thinking WTF? I just want to let you know what's goin on. When I was out of town, people were ordering these from me and not reading the part about shipping. As an act of good faith, I decided to ad a free anchor to EVERY order that was placed during that time. Because some stupid asses can't read, they were causing me problems on ebay. Now, adding one anchor to each order for FREE may not seem like much to you. BUT, when it comes to dozens of orders that I have to make an extra anchor for and send for free, this takes a toll. This act of good faith has turned on me and bit me in te ass! It takes time to make this many of these by hand you know? I have a regular job too, and spend late nights after work out in my garage making these and getting them out to you as quick as I can without sacrificing the quality of work. I do appreciate your business and apologize again for the wait. I will be completely caught up and have everyones orders out tomorrow (saturday). I hope you all understand what I've been up against now, and why this is taking so long. Usually I have them stock piled and ship right away, but this free crap to ease idiots has really screwed me. I am bustin ass today to get everyone's stuff out that hasn't gone out already. I don't know what else I can do to make this up to you guys... but I will think of something! Thanks.

That's odd.Nowhere on the auction I bought from does it say anything about there being a shipping delay.Does that mean that I'm a "stupid ass" that can't read?
Here's the auction.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Can you point it out to me?
The only thing I see is that you made revisions on 4/10 (the day after I bought mine) and 4/25.
62PYRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:03 AM   #96
Rock Crawler

When I ordered mine on 3/24/10, the listing had this statement:

"Seller is out of town until April. Orders cannot be processed prior to return. Sorry for any inconvenience"

I figured it was no big deal, I really didn't need it till our scale run on 4/18, and if he was back by April that shouldn't be a problem. It seems my stupid ass could read, but my stupid ass could not interpret that it actually meant that I would not be receiving my pul-pal until mid May

Also his explanation about staying up late nights to appease all of us illiterate stupid asses doesn't hold any water because his current listing of the pul-pal states that there are 8 available.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170466741891

He does seem to want to make things right though, he has now offered me a free ss winch cable for my troubles, and assures me that my package is in transit and that usps does not update the info until it is delivered.

I know priority mail will show progress through the mail system, but this was sent first class mail. Not sure about that.
chevellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:11 AM   #97

Dude,
I was supposed to be back on April 18th, didn't get back until the the 19th. It took me a bit to get caught up on a month worth of orders, meanwhile orders are still coming in. I included a free anchor to every order as an apology for the wait. And I'm offering everyone a stainless winch cable in an effort to maintain a good relationship.
brutus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:12 AM   #98
Built, not bought

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevellian View Post
When I ordered mine on 3/24/10, the listing had this statement:

"Seller is out of town until April. Orders cannot be processed prior to return. Sorry for any inconvenience"

I figured it was no big deal, I really didn't need it till our scale run on 4/18, and if he was back by April that shouldn't be a problem. It seems my stupid ass could read, but my stupid ass could not interpret that it actually meant that I would not be receiving my pul-pal until mid May

Also his explanation about staying up late nights to appease all of us illiterate stupid asses doesn't hold any water because his current listing of the pul-pal states that there are 8 available.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170466741891

He does seem to want to make things right though, he has now offered me a free ss winch cable for my troubles, and assures me that my package is in transit and that usps does not update the info until it is delivered.

I know priority mail will show progress through the mail system, but this was sent first class mail. Not sure about that.

I got the same offer.I told him that I wasn't looking for anything free,just what I paid for.
I can't remember about first class but,I have a parcel post package on the way to someone that the tracking seems to be updated regularly.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:20 AM   #99

Thats funny,
I'm looking at your paperwork right now, and under "PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS" it clearly states "SELLER IS OUT OF TOWN UNTIL APRIL. ORDERS CANNOT BE PROCESSED PRIOR TO RETURN. SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE. IF YOU ARE ORDERING MORE THAN THREE ANCHORS, YOU MUST USE THE SMALL FLAT RATE BOX." I later updated that info with the actual date I was coming back, to keep everyone as informed as i could. So... I guess you answered your own question there.
brutus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:36 AM   #100
Built, not bought

Quote:
Thats funny,
I'm looking at your paperwork right now, and under "PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS" it clearly states "SELLER IS OUT OF TOWN UNTIL APRIL. ORDERS CANNOT BE PROCESSED PRIOR TO RETURN. SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE. IF YOU ARE ORDERING MORE THAN THREE ANCHORS, YOU MUST USE THE SMALL FLAT RATE BOX." I later updated that info with the actual date I was coming back, to keep everyone as informed as i could. So... I guess you answered your own question there.
Care to show me.I've looked at the auction and PP payment and don't see it.