RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Scale Accessories (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-accessories/)
-   -   Axial Night Vision System (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-accessories/245457-axial-night-vision-system.html)

evlwevl 04-21-2010 01:54 PM

Axial Night Vision System

Does anyone have any experience with this light system. So far this is the only one I have gotten to work on my DX3R but im still having several issues. My left blinkers are always on till I am about halfway into a right steer situation. Reversing the switches only seems to reverse the lights that are on continuous blink. I've changed the radio resolution to 16ms, still no difference. The radio and servo are zeroed out and no amount of sub-trim changes anything, which I shouldn't be doing anyway.

stutheitguy 04-28-2010 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evlwevl (Post 2419054)
Does anyone have any experience with this light system. So far this is the only one I have gotten to work on my DX3R but im still having several issues. My left blinkers are always on till I am about halfway into a right steer situation. Reversing the switches only seems to reverse the lights that are on continuous blink. I've changed the radio resolution to 16ms, still no difference. The radio and servo are zeroed out and no amount of sub-trim changes anything, which I shouldn't be doing anyway.

I recently installed the NVS on my honcho, I didn't experience the issue you were having during my testing phase, but when I installed it I left the indicator lights out, frankly I think blinking lights every time you turn just looks silly, when was the last time you saw anyone indicating on a trail at 1:1 ?

kasey 04-28-2010 11:11 AM

In testing mine I have seen them do the same thing I am thinking about just hooking the amber up as auxillary light port.

evlwevl 04-28-2010 06:56 PM

you know, now that I think about it, the aux ports would make running lights appear more scale. Originally you just figured spending that kind of money on a light system, youd want to use it for what it was intended, cause it would have been much cheaper just to make my own light system if I was going to keep them on statically.

stutheitguy 06-10-2010 03:16 AM

IMO the biggest issue with the LED kits is the length of hte LED string wires. They NEED to be longer to route them correctly around your cab etc, as they come they're a pain in the ass unless your rig never needs the shell taken off.

Slowkrawl 07-27-2010 01:15 AM

Well I lost the instructions to my NVS.... I have everything working except for the 5 led string, whereabouts do I plug that one in??

noogles 07-27-2010 06:31 AM

any of the 6 sockets marked 'aux' should be fine

kasey 07-27-2010 10:31 AM

I only got mine to work in the lower left had corner.

goofylundeen 07-28-2010 10:51 AM

Who uses blinkers on a trail ride anyway? just plug them into the aux input and call it good."thumbsup"

Planespotter 07-29-2010 01:18 AM

Actually, I don't see people using their turn signals on the street either!

drift_this 08-31-2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Planespotter (Post 2564076)
Actually, I don't see people using their turn signals on the street either!

good point! those are the ones you aim for! and pray they have insurance:lmao: