Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Scale Accessories

Notices

Thread: where do I find scale rivets?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 10:35 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default where do I find scale rivets?

I am doing a hemtt build and noticed on some they have tiny rivet heads along the edges of the body panels or small brass hex heads on the front protective plate.I have search on the net and under scale train stuff but nothing.Some even have on the inside panels of the dash what looks like tiny plastic bolts with nuts holding identification plates on.Can anyone help identify these parts and where a guy might find some?
kuatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
RCC Addict

You can make your own. Extremely realistic rivets can be made from pin heads glued in place. Lots of work but it is worth it.
Another method is to cut thin pieces out of an ABS or styrene rod. If you can't find thin enough rod, you can make that too by heating up a thicker one and slowly stretcing it. This way it becomes longer and thiner. Plastic model sprues are great for the job.
Plastruct used to have a hex rod which we stretched and then cut to length for nuts back in the day.
MadForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:47 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuatto View Post
I am doing a hemtt build and noticed on some they have tiny rivet heads along the edges of the body panels or small brass hex heads on the front protective plate.I have search on the net and under scale train stuff but nothing.Some even have on the inside panels of the dash what looks like tiny plastic bolts with nuts holding identification plates on.Can anyone help identify these parts and where a guy might find some?

Found a build with some in it: Mack m123a1c 10 ton 6x6 army truck..........
DonsATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:14 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Great ideas and tips on the diy idea.I actually found those plastic scale nuts/bolts and rivets used in that build online so my problems are solved,thanks guys.....
kuatto is offline   Reply With Quote