Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Scale Accessories

Notices

Thread: Rally Accessories/Scenery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2010, 06:22 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code454 View Post
that looks like great fun! i like the detal he put into it as well! maybe ill make a rally track in my basement when i get my own place. i dont know if the towns going to like all that dirt ill have down there though
Bryan732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2010, 06:33 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan732 View Post
no problem. i give credit were credit is due

yeah it would be realy cool to see RC rally in the US. the only thing is is that you'll be made fun of for chasing the RC

hey, you just gave me an idea! im going to go to my local track and ask them if a rally track could be made http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...XopELCWQ7JPp6A

the worst they can say is no. if not ill try to get a club together with a track in my yard.
I thought of a solution to chasing your car around a track. Use a wireless camera on the car, while watching from a monitor! I just got one in the mail but I'm at college now, so I'll test it this weekend. I'll post up results if it works or not. Just search "FPV" (first person video) on youtube.
This one is pretty cool and reminds me of the drift course video above:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LEHq...otation_222005
Not the best picture quality but I bet it will be fun to get that "cockpit" perspective!
cbp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:45 PM   #23
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbp27 View Post
I thought of a solution to chasing your car around a track. Use a wireless camera on the car, while watching from a monitor! I just got one in the mail but I'm at college now, so I'll test it this weekend. I'll post up results if it works or not. Just search "FPV" (first person video) on youtube.
This one is pretty cool and reminds me of the drift course video above:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LEHq...otation_222005
Not the best picture quality but I bet it will be fun to get that "cockpit" perspective!
i think running after the car looks dumb but im shure it give the diver a good adrenalin rush. IMO running after the cars is fine despite looking like a clown, but who cares. i mean people that drive scale trail trucks may look silly walking after them as well. but i dont realy like the monitor idea IMO, it reminds me to much of a video game
Old 09-08-2010, 06:55 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
i think running after the car looks dumb but im shure it give the diver a good adrenalin rush. IMO running after the cars is fine despite looking like a clown, but who cares. i mean people that drive scale trail trucks may look silly walking after them as well. but i dont realy like the monitor idea IMO, it reminds me to much of a video game
I thought about the video game idea too, which made me hesitant to buy the camera. I had planned on making a very long "point-to-point" rally course, which is why I thought the camera might help. But it's just a test so I may not use it.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:14 PM   #25
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I thought about the video game idea too, which made me hesitant to buy the camera. I had planned on making a very long "point-to-point" rally course, which is why I thought the camera might help. But it's just a test so I may not use it.
oh ok i think i understand what your saying now, the course will be to long to run? if thats the case make some tight turns so you can take little brakes without constantly chasing your car. and then you can make a nice long straight to the finish line

for instance,this is way to long to keep running IMO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8uYoVTiMMY&NR=1

this is one of my favorite layouts. its big and long but it has a good amount of turns and "slow areas" to take a little break
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_YZjX98NUU&NR=1
Old 09-09-2010, 07:04 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

check your local state parks and see if they would be intrested.

i know here at a couple of our parks, clubs(bmx,archery,climbers..) can adopt a section or spot,they have to maintain them and keep them up, just man labor,no cost.

something to look into.

im talking with the park superintendent here to adopt a section,
for our crawlers.
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:50 AM   #27
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiredunlmtd View Post
check your local state parks and see if they would be intrested.

i know here at a couple of our parks, clubs(bmx,archery,climbers..) can adopt a section or spot,they have to maintain them and keep them up, just man labor,no cost.

something to look into.

im talking with the park superintendent here to adopt a section,
for our crawlers.
cool idea!
Old 09-11-2010, 05:47 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

I got my 2010 Ford Focus WRC car in the mail and boy it looks awesome!
I also got matching Monster Team decals with included "paint drip" theme masks.

Today I finished my own rally track and it basically looks like a giant spoon. The problem with my property is that it's on a ridge, so I don't have any flat areas to work with. Anyway, I ran behind the car and it's really fun! My wireless camera didn't work out too well, as I had expected. I'll post up some pics once I get it looking a little nicer.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:06 PM   #29
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I got my 2010 Ford Focus WRC car in the mail and boy it looks awesome!
I also got matching Monster Team decals with included "paint drip" theme masks.

Today I finished my own rally track and it basically looks like a giant spoon. The problem with my property is that it's on a ridge, so I don't have any flat areas to work with. Anyway, I ran behind the car and it's really fun! My wireless camera didn't work out too well, as I had expected. I'll post up some pics once I get it looking a little nicer.
very nice the focus is one of my personal rally favorites. to bad they dont have a DF03RA focus... cant wait to see pics
Old 09-11-2010, 09:19 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Quote:
very nice the focus is one of my personal rally favorites. to bad they dont have a DF03RA focus... cant wait to see pics
Thanks. The body I got has a 255mm wheelbase, which is the same as my HPI. If your DF03RA has a 251mm wheelbase, I'm sure 4mm won't matter too much...just a little extra trimming around the wheel wells.

Here's the link: http://www.r2hobbies.com/eng/proddet...=rcvp334310066

The body's lexan is a little thinner than normal, but should hold up fine. It also includes light buckets, spoiler, window masks, and decals.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:31 PM   #31
Rock Stacker

hell-arrious! i love the way those guys are chasing their cars
Rokslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:59 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Default Track Surface

I was trying to come up with a solution to my track that had a pretty bad rough spot (lots of roots and loose soil). I thought I could lay gravel, pavers, or maybe some Quikrete in that section and then I started looking for some sort of cold asphalt to lay.

I found EZ Street! It's pretty cheap and would make some great asphalt sections to simulate real roads. You can buy it at True Value and Ace Hardware stores.

Here are some links...
Promo Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FA8wAWE9hQ

It's really for patching potholes (the small packages), and not really for laying on flat surfaces. But maybe with a bed of gravel or limestone underneath, it would hold up well.
What do you guys think?
Old 09-16-2010, 07:41 AM   #33
Rock Stacker

i want to make tarmac type roads as well for my rally car. i just dont think my moms going to like sidewalks all over the yard. im going to have to wait until i get my own place before i do something like that.

but nice find though! ez street should hold up in dirt. since its intention is for pot hole filler, you must know some pot holes are deep and the only way to fill them is by dumping the mixture on top of dirt. this reminds me of the concrete bags my dad and i used to put in fence posts, were you just add water. i recomend you dig a 1-2inch deep trench with the exact width you want your track to be and then fill it with the stuff, this way your tracks not a concrete lump and its nice and level. but dont take my advice completely because i never worked with the stuff. so id ask a guy at ace hardware or contact ez street themselves. good luck