Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Scale Accessories

Notices

Thread: bridge rebuild for scaler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 08:12 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default bridge rebuild for scaler

been watching these bridge builds and decided to post a rebuild of the 6th bridge i built.

i started building bridges after seeing one at the 2009 AWCC at donner ski ranch. 1st for my 1.9, then my 2.2, and then some friends also wanted one. after #8 i realized they were too difficult and needed rebuilding to make them more driveable and scaler friendly also.

the 1st 3 pics are the original build. if you got off line your screwed and not designed for a scaler, way too off-camber.

next 2 are the new layout start. i lay my runners on flat ground and go from there.

steps start, i'm lazy so i use deck screws but i do pre drill. i have no patience for the string wrap look and i want strength for hauling them around.

i did a few steps and had to stop to think about what to do next and take some pics.

this is the finished product scaler friendly and if put at an angle very comp worthy. i base my bridges on an 8 inch wheel width, centered, and try to keep steps 12 inches wide, so far very driveable.

still has a little off-camber

this next pic is of all my bridges but one. #6 is on the left, the 2 on the right are for my 1.9 or a killer 2.2 bonus line. the tallest ones are 6 1/2 ft.

the last pick is of a vision from a superhero in a green cape and mask. he had too squint his eyes and tilt his head to see this in the last pic of all of them. really that's what he saw, he told me. lol

hope this gives some more ideas for y'all jph

sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2010, 11:15 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Those are some great looking bridges!

I am getting ready to make some like that for the National Qualifier our state and club are hosting in January.
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:43 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

very nice bridges.
PontiacGT201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:48 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Default Nice Work

Great looking bridges. Looks like those bridges would give Indiana Jones a hard time to cross.
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote