Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2011, 05:46 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

biggin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:54 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggin69 View Post
hahaha I know, it's ugly, but I was really, really bored in shop class and the shop teacher was gone so we had a sub, and there was some wood layin around, so I'm like f**k it, and made that. Laugh all you want I give you permission
XcrawlerkidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:32 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

: lmao:
dont slow down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:33 PM   #5
cherry bomb

I hope your failing shop class.

not something i'd be proud of, here i'll post a pic of my wood RTI ramp. give me 2 min.

I only laugh, cause I thought mine was junk, and never shared it with RCC because of that lol

Last edited by fred0000; 01-31-2011 at 06:35 PM.
fred0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:53 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred0000 View Post
I hope your failing shop class.

not something i'd be proud of, here i'll post a pic of my wood RTI ramp. give me 2 min.

I only laugh, cause I thought mine was junk, and never shared it with RCC because of that lol
It's like an idependant shop class so we can make anything we want. It works out great sometimes.

And I don't care what my stuff looks like. I ain't afraid of what people are gunna say bout my RTI ramp
Old 02-17-2011, 11:23 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by XcrawlerkidX View Post
Got WICKED f***ing bored in shop class so I made this

Checkin the flex

Did you make the chains for the wheels or did u buy them? They look cool I wanna get some. If you made them what kind of chain did you use?
rod-211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:45 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod-211 View Post
Did you make the chains for the wheels or did u buy them? They look cool I wanna get some. If you made them what kind of chain did you use?
I made them. #16 Jack Chain. $5.00 bucks for like 20 feet
Old 02-18-2011, 04:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Got WICKED f***ing bored in shop class so I made this
I guess after reading your awesome need for an attempt at swearing, I wasn't surprised to find this on your profile

"About XcrawlerkidX BiographyNames Tom,im 16,i aint afraid to voice what im thinkin.so if you dont like it,you can suck it."It's cool you are 16 and not just sitting in front of a video game melting your brain like most kids... but lighten up a little kid, the world will be a better place for ya.

As for "fred0000 " great job on your ramp...but you're also 23 years old! remove 7 years from your belt and what were you building?

I dunno.... good, bad, ugly or awesome.... who cares what something is....
I call any of it an interest in the hobby and an attempt to do something productive.
THX_138 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:02 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX_138 View Post
I guess after reading your awesome need for an attempt at swearing, I wasn't surprised to find this on your profile

"About XcrawlerkidX BiographyNames Tom,im 16,i aint afraid to voice what im thinkin.so if you dont like it,you can suck it."It's cool you are 16 and not just sitting in front of a video game melting your brain like most kids... but lighten up a little kid, the world will be a better place for ya.

As for "fred0000 " great job on your ramp...but you're also 23 years old! remove 7 years from your belt and what were you building?

I call any of it an interest in the hobby and an attempt to do something productive.
im 17 and i weld gates and animial feeders together so i guess i need to weld up a ramp in my AG welding class! probaly look a little better than crawlerkid's!
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:49 PM   #11

Why does someone always have to be better then someone else?
I was welding and building stuff before the normal age too (being raised on a farm) but I guess what I am saying is...why down someone who is at least trying?
Maybe save the competition for the courses and the congratulations for all the times and attempts getting there

I guess being a parent of a 22 year old, a 14 year old and a 12 year old... I tend to look for the "good" instead of the "bad" in peoples stuff.
It's not the quality of the kids piece of plywood stabbed on to a couple scrap blocks of wood.... it's the fact he made a attempt to do something. Have your own kids some day and I think you'll quickly understand.

2 of my 3 kids are self motivated, but the 3rd.... well, let's just say .... I'd be ecstatic if he made attempts like that wooden ramp all by himself...
Our future crawlers are today's youth... encourage them instead of attacking them or our hobby will slowly vanish.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:54 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I was welding and building stuff before the normal age too (being raised on a farm) but I guess what I am saying is...why down someone who is at least trying?
Maybe save the competition for the courses and the congratulations for all the times and attempts getting there

I guess being a parent of a 22 year old, a 14 year old and a 12 year old... I tend to look for the "good" instead of the "bad" in peoples stuff.
It's not the quality of the kids piece of plywood stabbed on to a couple scrap blocks of wood.... it's the fact he made a attempt to do something. Have your own kids some day and I think you'll quickly understand.

2 of my 3 kids are self motivated, but the 3rd.... well, let's just say .... I'd be ecstatic if he made attempts like that wooden ramp all by himself...
Our future crawlers are today's youth... encourage them instead of attacking them or our hobby will slowly vanish.
i guess the "" didnt work for getting the sarcasm across......
Old 02-18-2011, 05:56 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Id rather flex on a rock
EEM-CrawlinMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:38 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500hdon37s View Post
i guess the "" didnt work for getting the sarcasm across......
Oh no...your rude I am better then him snyde ridicule came across fine... it's your sarcasm I was responding to

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEM-CrawlinMachine View Post
Id rather flex on a rock
Good thing you live in Utah then...you're all set!

Maybe I banged my head too hard recently, but I really do not see the point in bashing some kid for doing what he can with what he has available.

so here's one for both of ya!
Old 02-18-2011, 08:38 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

^ Haha thanks. I try with what I got. I aint got a job. So when I get a couple of bucks, it goes straight to the bank so I can save up for drvers ed and a car. And it even more hard to find a job when your 16 and your parents only have one car. Im not like 20 something or 30 something. Raking in the dough as you guys type on your computers at home. Im 16. Sophmore in High School. So to you older people

Quote:
im 17 and i weld gates and animial feeders together so i guess i need to weld up a ramp in my AG welding class! probaly look a little better than crawlerkid's!
^ We have 2 mig welders and one stick. We got a new shop teacher when our old shop teacher died from cancer.(R.I.P. Mr. B) And the 2 mig welders are "BROKEN" But I think it's just cause he doesn't want use kids using them when hes not right there to watch. And I can't stick weld to save my life.

Quote:

^ Thanks. I try to make things with what I have. And when I get done and see what I made. I feel good bout myself. But then when some prick comes along and says "look at mine" but hes also older then me so he has money to go out and but the pieces that he can get. Me on the other hand used SCRAP wood laying around the shop class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEM-CrawlinMachine View Post
Id rather flex on a rock
^ Good for you. If you didn't see on my profile thing on the left < I live in Maine. Where its cold and snow on the ground. So I have to wait till it melts to flex on rocks.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:24 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

^ We have 2 mig welders and one stick. We got a new shop teacher when our old shop teacher died from cancer.(R.I.P. Mr. B) And the 2 mig welders are "BROKEN" But I think it's just cause he doesn't want use kids using them when hes not right there to watch. And I can't stick weld to save my life.
wont get better with out practice! if you have some 6013 rods go start layin down some beads and perfecting! then bump up the difacultly with a 6011 or 6010 rod. and he shouldnt have to watch you weld. i know our teacher could never let my class of @$$ hats weld if he had to watch all 20 of us! just tell him you came to the class to weld so thats what your gonna do!
Old 02-19-2011, 09:59 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
wont get better with out practice! if you have some 6013 rods go start layin down some beads and perfecting! then bump up the difacultly with a 6011 or 6010 rod. and he shouldnt have to watch you weld. i know our teacher could never let my class of @$$ hats weld if he had to watch all 20 of us! just tell him you came to the class to weld so thats what your gonna do!
He's all bout the safty. Safty my ass. I do so much stupid shi+. And I'm fine. He's a carpender, so he doesn't know much bout welding or anything. And he's like wear a helmet. But we got old welding helmets and you can see shi+ so thats why I weld with a mask off. Gutta see where I'm welding.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:03 AM   #18
RCC Addict

XcrawlerkidX- nice ramp haha... im thinking of welding up myself one soon.

2500hdon37s- you think your better than crawler kid because you can weld "gates and animal feeders?????" well i'll say that welding gates and animal feeders isnt hard.

when i was in school we had 1 MIG and 2 oxy/acel welders, 3-4 metal lathes, a milling machine, bench grinders, a big horizontal band saw etc. im not really a fan of oxy welding so i used the mig alot, built myself a couple things in shop class, little flatdeck trailers, sand casted a rough shape of a small vise out of aluminum and cleaned it up on the milling machine.

now at home i got a mig welder to use any day of the week and anytime, its a gas/no gas welder and i think if someone can make a weld good like it they used gas then you can weld. im building a custom built racing mower with this welder just fine.
i've also tried my hand at stick welding at work out in the bush which i had access to all last year.

oh and im 23.
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:35 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX10wannabe View Post

2500hdon37s- you think your better than crawler kid because you can weld "gates and animal feeders?????" well i'll say that welding gates and animal feeders isnt hard.

when i was in school we had 1 MIG and 2 oxy/acel welders, 3-4 metal lathes, a milling machine, bench grinders, a big horizontal band saw etc. im not really a fan of oxy welding so i used the mig alot, built myself a couple things in shop class, little flatdeck trailers, sand casted a rough shape of a small vise out of aluminum and cleaned it up on the milling machine.

now at home i got a mig welder to use any day of the week and anytime, its a gas/no gas welder and i think if someone can make a weld good like it they used gas then you can weld. im building a custom built racing mower with this welder just fine.
i've also tried my hand at stick welding at work out in the bush which i had access to all last year.

oh and im 23.
The guy that my dad drove truck for, had a metal scrap pile. So my dad asked the boss if he could use some of that metal to make some bumpers for his Pathfinder. He had a mig welder with gas. Thats how I learned to weld. I helped him, but he did most of the welding. I'm really good at mig welding. But SUCK at stick. I always get the rod stuck on the metal. Im 16.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:44 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX10wannabe View Post

oh and im 23.
no, i was just stating that i have some experince in welding, and no welding the feeders and gates is easy, but if you want to come see the 3 class project trailers you can

we are currently working on a 16ft tandem axle bumper tow (just finished), a 44ft round bale hauler goose neck, and a 18ft stock trailer.