Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Scale Accessories

Notices

Thread: Team3six Winch Line Test - Test Line A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 06:11 PM   #1
On the lookout for Rocks

Default Team3six Winch Line Test - Test Line A

Norm sent me a couple of different winch lines to test for him. I received 10ft of each.

Test Line A dimensions:
.021" or .55mm

I installed in on my SCX-10 based Unimog. It weighs 7lbs 4ozs. The winch that I am using is a converted Hitec HS-645MG.

Here is a picture of a dead lift test that I did with the line. I used a Team3six tow strap and a RC4WD King Kong hook.

I shot some video footage of a few different winch pulls and a dead lift.

The installation was pretty straight forward like any other line. A standard fishing knot was easy to tie and it held well, unlike other cable like lines. Test Line A held it's ground on my tests. It did everything that I asked for. The line was a little small for my taste. 90% of the pulls on the video were off throttle. This made the winch and the line work harder, even on the simple pulls. On some pulls, you can hear the line being strained with a high pitch tinking sound (you can hear this in the video). On the one pull in the video, up and over the tree root, the winch line did take some damage. Extended use of the winch line rubbing on rocks on tree roots could soon lead to failure, but what wouldn't.

Now, on to testing Test Line B........Test B thread

Last edited by constantmotion; 03-14-2011 at 05:31 AM.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2011, 11:09 PM   #2
www.team3sixrc.com

Good deal, thank you for that test A sample. I am sure the other 5 will test the same on theirs. would you believe that was 120lb test and rated 5 times stronger then metal braided? I believe youll find test B promising. 15 times stronger than metal braided of same diameter. but only 80lb test

If not I have 2 more for everyone to test. I might just have you all try them as well. in the end. test B or this Test D I have will be the winner.

Last edited by team3six; 03-09-2011 at 11:15 PM.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:08 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Nice test on the line, love how you didnt use much throttle and just let it cog as it was winching. Iam in the market for some up-graded line for my 3R, I will keep an eye on this thread. Thanks
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
On the lookout for Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill View Post
Nice test on the line, love how you didnt use much throttle and just let it cog as it was winching. Iam in the market for some up-graded line for my 3R, I will keep an eye on this thread. Thanks
Yeah, you're not really testing the line strength too much if your helping it along with the throttle. I'm not testing anything but the strength of the line itself.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:18 PM   #5
www.team3sixrc.com

Well lets see test 2 go at it.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote