Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Scale Accessories

Notices

Thread: Team3six Winch Line Testing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 03:09 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Team3six Winch Line Testing

Hey folks, I was one of the lucky chosen few given the opportunity to test out the new Team3six winch lines. Thanks, Norm! The test truck is my 2.2 Bronco (Big Oly). It weighs in at 10.5 lbs and has a servo winch made from a Hitec HS-5645MG servo. It's running at 7.0 volts through a high voltage winch controller from Al (heyok).

There were two tests done with each winch line. The first was an uphill pull. Very little to no throttle was used. For the most part, the winch was entirely unassisted. In the real world I would've used more throttle to prevent binding, but in these tests I pushed the limits a little more. It should also be noted that I used Team3six tow straps to attach the winch line to attachment points. As you can see both the lines and the straps held up great!

Line "A" really impressed me. Very thin diameter so you can really load a lot on your winch spool. It was very strong, showed no signs of strain, and there was no fraying.

Here's a pic of Line "A" installed:

And the test video for Line "A":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXNiXtIVyJE

Line "B" was nearly as impressive and Line "A", however there was some slight fraying of the outer sheathing where it rubbed against sharp rock edges. Regardless, the line never failed and continued to pull strong!

Here's a pic of Line "B" installed:

And the test video for Line "B":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_O1v3eYJzI

Overall, I was very pleased with both lines, but because line "A" didn't fray in the least, it would be my choice.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
www.team3sixrc.com

Thanks tommy.
im kinda curios as to the fraying on the line B
because i know the material and to how its used on each product. I expect fraying slightly on line A, but not B at all.
line A is 5 times strong than metal braided. While B is 15 times stronger. Line A is a man made material while B is a hybrid material.

If B is failing faster than A. Some people in the military are gonna get hurt.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:08 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Well, keep in mind neither line failed. Line A didn't even fray. Line B did start to fray in one spot, but did fine otherwise. Line B also seemed more likely to unravel when I cut it (to trim the excess off my knots). By the way, sharp scissors are definitely recommended to cut either line! Here's a pic of the fraying of Line B:

Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote