Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Scale Accessories

Notices

Thread: Wolf Creek/Speedweigand Garage/Service Station

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2014, 04:33 PM   #121
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Wolf Creek/Speedweigand Garage/Service Station

Thanks guys... and please don't take offense at my having a little fun at Sam's expense. I have a lot of respect for what Shannon has done, creating personalities in 7" articulated figures like real people.... well almost real people.... well... Chell is real.... isn't she?
DRW-FJ40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2014, 07:27 AM   #122
Rock Crawler

Thanks guys.

So... I had to make a little progress on my doors... I used the Dubro RC nylon aircraft hinges... a very affordable solution. I'll have to make a seperate roller wheel thing for the ends to go in the track. I added a cloud board to the diorama... and got out my motorcycle.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:53 AM   #123
Rock Crawler

I've had a busted knuckle on my gelande & have had to position it carefully so you don't see the links hanging down in the pictures.

My kids were down there playing with it & I found this little scene in front of my D90.

Years from now their wives will thank me.

Old 02-12-2014, 01:11 PM   #124

absolutely amazing work and attention to detail on this build... ten thumbs up.
Boneshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:03 PM   #125
I wanna be Dave

Any updates to your incredible Off Road park?
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:30 AM   #126
Rock Crawler

thanks guys. A lot of updates in the Scale park but not ready for photos. Takes a while in the spring to get it all going. I'm stringing the overhead lights, getting signs & the all weather stuff out, polyurethane on the bridges, some new plants, cut a new trail over the winter. Takes a few weekends to pull it all together.

Need to finish the doors on this but I did make my first accessory, 3D printed toolbox:

& redid all the signs this year with a National Forest theme:

Old 06-16-2014, 11:37 AM   #127
Rock Crawler

I lost steam on this one but after getting things out in the rock garden, I realized this needs to get done or at least done enough to display.

I used some styrene strips painted with Krylon fusion to trim the awning. I had some styrene C channel I ordered online for the garage door tracks and after seeing it, realized it would not work for that. But a little trim work on one of the flanges and it made a perfect support to attach the awning trim.

The garage doors are almost finished. I will get them to a point that I can tape them in & postpone making them functional for now.

One of my biggest challenges was "where to put it". I had it in a thin little strip of grass last year for an impromptu video but I like things to be "in the rocks"... The size of the garage also presents a problem, one, finding an area big enough, it has a foot print roughly 5' x 6' with the awning. Also, if it's not perfectly flat, you really notice that in a larger building & it doesn't look right. There is not much flat ground here. So after much ado, I started grading this spot:

Old 06-16-2014, 11:38 AM   #128
Rock Crawler

Next, I got a level & a 5' 2x4, some pea gravel, Paver sand & regular play sand and graded this site flat

Perfect night for it too. Had a gentle rain all night which compacts the gravel & paver sand into a nice hard surface.

Old 06-16-2014, 11:41 AM   #129
Rock Crawler

Well, I have planted another building. Grading the site was key. I had in another spot last year for an impromptu get together & it was off just a bit... and your eye really notices that. I'm real happy with the way it's sitting in the rocks. The sand will need to weather a bit but that's up to mother nature.

I still need to make the doors operational and add a few little details. I need another gas pump but I recently made a deal with RC4WD & the pump will be available through them at some time in the future.... so I'm waiting to get one from them (should be cheaper than 3D printing).

Here are a couple of my favorite pics from the weekend. I will continue to update this thread as I finish out the inside of the garage and possibly as an indoor diorama but will refrain from updating this thread with more pictures out in the rocks... It's now officially part of my outdoor diorama, scale park, rock garden, what ever you want to call it....

Check out my Wolf Creek RC Scale Park thread for more garage pics.

Old 07-08-2014, 11:57 AM   #130
Quarry Creeper

This is absolutely brilliant. Very nice work, and thank you for sharing it with us.
1967Typhoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 07:35 PM   #131
Quarry Creeper

Agreed. And this place is only miles from me... :-(
slowmethinks is offline   Reply With Quote

Wolf Creek/Speedweigand Garage/Service Station - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wolf Creek RC Scale Park DRW-FJ40 General Scale Talk 253 02-06-2017 08:56 PM
I went to Wolf Creek... pardonmyn00b Scale Videos! 19 09-28-2012 08:32 PM
Wolf Creek ORV Park DRW-FJ40 Tamiya CR-01 11 11-22-2011 06:22 AM
My Hilux in Wolf Creek RC ORV Park DRW-FJ40 1.9 Scale Rigs 11 09-15-2011 10:08 AM
My Honcho in the Wolf Creek RC ORV Park DRW-FJ40 Axial SCX-10 33 07-27-2011 07:29 AM