Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Scale Accessories

Notices

Thread: lights?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2006, 06:11 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default lights?

can someone give me a link to lights that i could put on my high lift? and how would i wire it so the fronts would go on or stay on when im on the throttle but when i hit the brakes the back ones would come on? like a real car the front lights are on when there on but the brake ones arent until u hit the brakes....

Last edited by Jo Mama; 11-23-2006 at 06:17 PM.
Jo Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2006, 07:12 PM   #2
Colt Python/SR9c

best way is to run the lights on a switch and flip them on... as for brakelights, I found it easier with a rooster or SR.. wire them to the lil red and black wires coming from the ESC and they come on when in reverse.

Some cheap kits you buy from the hobby shop come wired like that, but i would rather have brighter lights and wire them myself..

I got all my led's/resistors/wires/etc. from www.lsdiodes.com
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 07:21 PM   #3
Official Cook of the ECC

Ram makes one, the Ram 20 that has 2 extra wires that wire to the motor. I have it. When running they are just taillights but when you stop they get brighter. Search for Ram 20 on tower and you will find them. No need for any microswitches.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 08:21 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by scattman
Ram makes one, the Ram 20 that has 2 extra wires that wire to the motor. I have it. When running they are just taillights but when you stop they get brighter. Search for Ram 20 on tower and you will find them. No need for any microswitches.
so thats just tail lights right? and when im going full throttle to no throttle its the same brightness? but then when i go into reverse and hit the brakes it will get brighter?

if that how it works im buying it, how long do u run untill u have to replace the 9 volt? can i wire it into my speedcontroll so i dont have to use a 9 volt?

sorry for all the questions lol i want it right the first time
Old 11-23-2006, 08:30 PM   #5
Official Cook of the ECC

They are brighter when sitting still. When you take off they get dimmer and as soon as you stop they get brighter again. Doesn't matter if you're going forward or reverse. Not sure about runtime as I have head, tail, and flashing red and blues and run one of those Radio Shack 9.6 volt 1600 packs.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 11:28 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by scattman
They are brighter when sitting still. When you take off they get dimmer and as soon as you stop they get brighter again. Doesn't matter if you're going forward or reverse. Not sure about runtime as I have head, tail, and flashing red and blues and run one of those Radio Shack 9.6 volt 1600 packs.

so they dont get brighter when ur on the brakes??????