RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Scale Accessories (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-accessories/)
-   -   I made a thing out of stuff... (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-accessories/588370-i-made-thing-out-stuff.html)

slowmethinks 08-13-2017 08:33 PM

I made a thing out of stuff...

6 Attachment(s)
Motivated by everyone here, I made a thing... and it works! Not 100% scale, but my son really likes it for his Bomber. This was more for proof of concept. Lol.

I still need to make a guard for the speaker... hmmmmmm.

Also, reading is fundamental. I found out after glueing the felt that Goop (which is what I used ) is not for Styrene. But it appears it will stick.

Sorry for the hijack!

clm 08-13-2017 09:11 PM

Re: I made a thing out of stuff...

Nothing like some beats while beating on your rig.

dadrab 08-14-2017 12:24 PM

Got to have some tunes.

Well done.

bigwig 09-11-2017 01:33 PM

That looks good. If I was you I'd put something over it to protect the speaker.

JatoTheRipper 09-11-2017 02:00 PM

The speaker box is cool! A speaker grill would help protect it.

Ditchrat 09-11-2017 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowmethinks (Post 5737478)
I found out after glueing the felt that Goop (which is what I used ) is not for Styrene. But it appears it will stick.

Sorry for the hijack!

Manufactures instructions are barely recommendations. It wasn't for styrene because it melts it then ruins the finish, in your case you just melted the felt into the plastic, bet it holds up great."thumbsup"

Buchhop2 09-11-2017 03:51 PM

I wonder if one of the stock axial light covers that come as a parts tree for the scx10 would work for a "grill" for the speaker. Looks close in size. If not find someone to 3D print a sweet design for one. I love the idea!

slowmethinks 09-11-2017 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buchhop2 (Post 5747506)
I wonder if one of the stock axial light covers that come as a parts tree for the scx10 would work for a "grill" for the speaker. Looks close in size. If not find someone to 3D print a sweet design for one. I love the idea!

I thought about that, but the speaker is too big. I have an old mic from Rock band that I might cannibalize speaker is just over an inch in size.

I have the plans, but I'm burning a few candles. It'll get done.

MAC FAB 09-13-2017 09:24 AM

How do you scale 10,000 watts for that JL 12"-15" sub? Or are you using it for OBA engine varooom varoom? You could always use aluminum window screen or 1/8" hardware cloth with a washer to build a grill, attach with little screws.

Shinchu 09-20-2017 10:27 AM

find a 1/5 scale Baja light grill, i bet it fits like a glove. and yes MAC FAB it does look just like a JL hahaha
that's rad and gives me an idea to further complicate my ascender build. my pop had a truck speaker behind the seat. he loved 70's rock... hmmmm...

what circuit card is that? raspberry pi type thing? now im getting ideas on what to cram in the fuel cell of my yeti for chevy LS audio.

slowmethinks 09-21-2017 10:45 PM

I bought the BlueTooth speaker at 5Below. Just a cheapo.

I use it for music, though it hasn't been on the trail yet. Lol. I've been lazy with completing it.