Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Scale Accessories

Notices

Thread: Found some 1:10 scale-ish stuff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2019, 03:15 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Found some 1:10 scale-ish stuff

Found some scale-ish stuff to work with ...

1) Firewood - REAL wood pieces from Dollar Tree, at least 2 scale cords for $1! Was in the crafty section but sold out quick in my local store. You have to split it yourself (I gently tapped a pocketknife blade with a hammer).

2) Ramps - Maybe for your trailer or heat and fold to "change your oil". Composite shims from Lowes Home Improvement. Easy to manipulate, basically plastic, has nice built in traction ridges.

Last edited by vf750rider; 12-24-2019 at 03:17 PM.
vf750rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2019, 03:30 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Found some 1:10 scale-ish stuff

Kind of late, maybe will be there Thursday, but for the future folks ...
Dollar Tree also had lots of battery operated Xmas LEDs, in red yellow blue and white. Strings of 10 LEDs, 3mm size, and operated by 2 AA batteries in series (making them 3 volt). I cut one off the end, connected to receiver (just over 5 volts), and it lit nice and bright - I left it over 1 hour just to see if the LED would 'pop' from twice the voltage, but it was fine. 10 wired LEDs for $1 is a deal!

Old 12-26-2019, 06:41 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Thanks. That little trailer just got stained & satin varnish spray on Christmas eve - I'll get some updated pics up on weekend.

Too many things come to mind too quickly and some days I can't keep up with my thoughts. I really enjoy trying to make scale things much more than I ever imagined - I usually don't have much patience. And I find myself looking at EVERYTHING now to see what it resembles in 1:10 scale ... quickly turns a 10 minute stop at hardware store into a 3 hour ordeal!
Old 12-31-2019, 07:36 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Updated pic of wooden trailer. Stained, light varnish, tail lights installed. Used black nylon (I think 1/8th inch) cable clamp which wrapped nice and tight around a 3mm LED. The "handles" on each side of the tailgate are rivets - I gently pushed the stem through rivet then sanded down the part of stem that is in the rivet and slid back together. The rounded end that normally expands the rivet moves in and out freely, and thus is when pushed is inserted into the holes drilled into sides of the tailgate. Rounded end keeps them from coming out, and bent stem just enough to get ahold of and keeps them from going too deep. 8/32" threaded rod axle and brake line axle housing. Tongue is 1/4" x 1/16" flat aluminum bends under front and bent around axle tube underneath.

Last edited by vf750rider; 12-31-2019 at 08:10 PM.
Old 12-31-2019, 08:03 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Also found at my local Dollar Tree these Jot metal mesh organizers. They are approx. 12 x 2.75 x 1.4 in and come in black and silver:

Makes a nice receiver hitch basket for my cooler, firewood, and recovery rope! Could be used for motorcycle, bicycles, whatever! I wacked ends off with Dremel cutting disc leaving the divider as the end plate. Then filed 2 corners off one end of a 1" long aluminum 8-32 threaded coupler nut, drilled hole through other end and attached to 1/4" wide flat aluminum piece riveted to underside of mesh basket. Stretchy hair bands, shrink tubing and colorful plastic-coated paper clips (all from Dollar Tree) make nice tie down straps. Will use Plasti-coat to finish off rough edges from cutting wheel.

It ends up being same length as the width of a TRX4. Looks good on the rear but too long up front - when loaded your headlights are obscured (I have aluminum ebay bumpers so I modified stock Traxxas plastic receiver hitch and attached to front bumper of truck).
Old 12-31-2019, 08:19 PM   #6
Go Buckeyes!

Great job on the scale items. That trailer and cargo carrier looks awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Found some 1:10 scale-ish stuff - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some scale stuff I found at Target xlt79brnc Scale Accessories 1 05-12-2012 12:01 AM
TTC-ish Scale-ish Budget-ish Wroncho-ish Build Meatwad Axial SCX-10 77 01-19-2012 03:00 PM
found a scale-ish f250 super duty body rccrawler66 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 13 07-04-2009 01:00 PM
scale-ish teflon TT superelmer 2.2 Scale Rigs 98 02-12-2008 11:38 PM