Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Scale Accessories

Notices

Thread: Boat Trailer Build #2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2019, 08:54 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Boat Trailer Build #2

Some of you might have seen my other Boat Trailer Build in this section. I've only been at this RC and modeling thing for maybe 5 months, but have enjoyed creating much more than I ever thought I would.

I acquired another boat, a used Recoil 26. Only got to run twice before weather cooled off too much to swim after it (yes that's my luck sometimes ). Needed another boat trailer for it (since my first boat is catamaran style and Recoil is a monohull). I finally (for most part) finished a trailer for the Recoil.

95% same build techniques as 1st build (can see here: Boat Trailer Build). This time tried some scrap 1/16" ABS for fenders and used old toaster oven for heating elements to warm and bend into fender shapes. This was easier than the super thin metal that wanted to break at the bends. Once again I had no luck in making leaf springs actually work, but the look is there. I'm having hard time finding spring steel that flexes enough - it's either too stiff won't flex and I can't even drill it, or it's too soft and it bends. I fashioned a rubber bow roller from a small hose piece and 2 neoprene washers - might add couple more to bottom trailer center. And I've got to locate some boxes from someplace besides Lowe's! (I think Tractor Supply and Home Depot make them too).

Still brainstorming a cranking winch, thus the semi-naked bow post. Meantime, I'll just have to drive the boat on the trailer . Trailer lights in progress and I'm now wanting to add nav lights to the Recoil!

vf750rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Boat Trailer Build #2 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boat Trailer Build vf750rider Scale Accessories 32 08-18-2019 10:09 AM
boat trailer robert3719 Paint and Body 3 01-06-2012 05:45 PM
Truck & Boat Trailer (with FE Boat) Steve at Danfor General Scale Talk 28 03-23-2010 06:16 AM
axial boat trailer ls1 jeeper Axial AX-10 Scorpion 3 08-09-2009 06:15 PM